What's new

Does religion have an effect on the type of business to do?

Kingstone

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Jul 29, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I was discussing this with my co-worker a few days ago. She wanted to start a business but has no idea about what to sell. So I told her to solve the needs of the people in her area, especially since the area is still developing.

After careful examination, she said because she is the wife of an Islamic cleric, she would not be allowed to sell the products.
What do you think of this? Does religion have a role to play in businesses?

Religion do affect the kind of work or business that we can do. Been a devoted Christian. It is not advisable to do any business that involves any illegal like selling if hard drug

I was discussing this with my co-worker a few days ago. She wanted to start a business but has no idea about what to sell. So I told her to solve the needs of the people in her area, especially since the area is still developing.

After careful examination, she said because she is the wife of an Islamic cleric, she would not be allowed to sell the products.
Of course religion has a big role to play in business. For example if you are selling the menu of blood of pig and then there is a religious group that does not eat with blood of pigs.

Yes, some times, religion affects the kind of business we do. Ethics of religion doesn't want us to promote the sales and consumption of some products such as a Christian selling alcohol and cigarettes. It might turn out to be a topic for the non Christians

Yes, evident by the story you put up there. I think it is a bit of overreaching when your religion stops you from starting a business, I don't think it is written explicitly anywhere in the Bible or Quran that some businesses shouldn't be considered expect illegal activities.

Yes, some religion barn some business in which the religion considers illegal, for instance rearing pigs or dogs for sale in Islam is prohibited. And I think selling of alcohol is bad in Christianity.

To an extent yeah there are some businesses that some religion would frown upon, the case of conscience against ambition us not a new one but has been long standing

Religion plays a vital and sensitive part when it comes to business,an acholic firm or company will not make sell in an Islamic country as it part of their religion not to take achols,a restaurant that engage in selling virtually varieties of meat including dog and pigs will not make sell because Islamic religion won't eat,also Christian won't associate themselves with protective producing company like condom and hard drugs as it is not part of their religion to imbibe in such

There are some businesses that actually target a specific group of religious people and therefore they are able to thrive in this way and therefore i think that sometimes religion can play a major role in not only what you sell but how you run your business as well.

I took a lot of time to think about this topic before saying what I think about it. It is true Religion affects the kind of business we do. Christianity does not support gambling. I feel this means a good Christian she not even own gambling shop

I took a lot of time to think about this topic before saying what I think about it. It is true Religion affects the kind of business we do. Christianity does not support gambling. I feel this means a good Christian she not even own gambling shop
This is true, and there are many people that are very strict in following these rules. This will not only affect the person that has the business but will also lower their customers as well as there will be less peopel gambling.

Yes religion definitely play a role in choosing a business. Just for example Muslims are not allowed to take anything alcoholic and pig and they are not also allowed to do it as a business

Religion has a very great impact on the type of businesses people engage in. let's take an example with rearing of livestock. Muslims around allowed to wear animals like pigs because their leaders for bidding. Gambling is also a no-go area. All type of businesses that involves collection of Interest are also not allowed. Selling alcohol is also prohibited. Betting on games is also forbidden. All the aforementioned types of Investments I no no.

Yes religious really affect the type of business you do for example (am not trying to criticize anybody) some ladies use thiers self as a point of business by stripping just to get paid or sleeping around to get paid which is against the Christian doctrine , so in my own opinion I think religious really affect the type of business you do

Religion also affect the business you want to to do , because there are some religions that don't recommend some products for their worshippers and you can't just choose not to listen to the religion recommendation
Outside religion ethics some people wants to follow guideline that their religion obliges to do while some others people are not following guideline that their religion oblige to.

Outside religion ethics some people wants to follow guideline that their religion obliges to do while some others people are not following guideline that their religion oblige to.
Yeah many believe if they don't follow the guidelines they have already sinned , so they just have to follow the guidelines and Respec the religion they are into

Region and business could be juggled. Business and religion are separate entities entirely and should not disturb each other. The case isn't so in the areas where there are fanatics. They would not want their wife's face be seen by another man. This is very disheartening how people mixed up things.

Well we don't really have a lot of impact in the kind of business that most people start take for instance there are some religions that do not tolerate the sale of alcohol and most adherents of that religion do not start the sales of alcohol business no matter how lucrative the business is and they would not even want any other person to be doing the business.

There are so many people that their religion and personal beliefs are against them doing some kind of businesses and it is definitely not bad.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back