What's new

Does religion have an effect on the type of business to do?

The idea of religion affecting one's choice of business applies to devout believers and followers of the faith. Not everyone can afford the luxury of only engaging in businesses seen permissible by their religion.

Religion do affect the kind of work or business that we can do. Been a devoted Christian. It is not advisable to do any business that involves any illegal like selling if hard drug
There is nothing that is going to make me to pick religion as a business that is very easy because it is one of the most difficult and most challenging work that have seen in the world.

yes, religion have affect of most business. but these days most people don't care the kind of money they are making or the kind of money they want to money. personal beliefs are sometimes against them but doing some kind of business is definitely not bad.

Religion don't affect anything that deals with business except you choose to accept the wrong guidelines or rules abiding by such religion.

To me, religion aside. As long as it is ethically right by my standard and it is legally right, I won't think twice about starting the business. But my conscience must be cleared, that's all

To me, religion aside. As long as it is ethically right by my standard and it is legally right, I won't think twice about starting the business. But my conscience must be cleared, that's all
Well said, I would like to hear your point of view on this, what about selling of alcoholic drinks? I know some persons who sees this are ethically wrong since alcohol can be harmful to the body ok the long run.

Well said, I would like to hear your point of view on this, what about selling of alcoholic drinks? I know some persons who sees this are ethically wrong since alcohol can be harmful to the body ok the long run.
I have no problem. My conscience is clear, I mean it's clearly written on the bottle "drink responsibly" my job is to sell. And I will carry out my duty perfectly

I have no problem. My conscience is clear, I mean it's clearly written on the bottle "drink responsibly" my job is to sell. And I will carry out my duty perfectly
It is a very sensitive issue. Though there is always a warning advising people to drink responsibly, most religions see selling/consumption of alcohol and wines as an immoral thing to do and they frown at it.

Whenever I want to start a business I always try to consult the normal practices that is going on around a particular location. This is going to help me to identify their culture and the things that I can do and things that I cannot do around here.

Well we don't really have a lot of impact in the kind of business that most people start take for instance there are some religions that do not tolerate the sale of alcohol and most adherents of that religion do not start the sales of alcohol business no matter how lucrative the business is and they would not even want any other person to be doing the business.
It part of what is causing controversial over years now. Why region that reject the sake of alcohol collect allocation made from taxes from alcohol companies.

Also religion influences seasonal business like festival season. The sales of chicken is very lucrative this season and sheep, cattle and goat is very lucrative during salah season.

In lslam prostitution act is prohibited and no allow. It teaches that one's you are matured go and get married so as to abstain yourself from sex , unwanted pregnancy, sickness and sudden death. Apart from prostitutional trade , lslamic doctrine teaches what is right and wrong so if you are able to follow this it's okay. Some religions really have an effect on what type of business to do.

In lslam prostitution act is prohibited and no allow. It teaches that one's you are matured go and get married so as to abstain yourself from sex , unwanted pregnancy, sickness and sudden death. Apart from prostitutional trade , lslamic doctrine teaches what is right and wrong so if you are able to follow this it's okay. Some religions really have an effect on what type of business to do.
Lol but prostitution is never a business. It's even illegal in this part of the world. Illegal ways to make money can never be considered as business. I want to believe the writer meant legal business

Yes, some times, religion affects the kind of business we do. Ethics of religion doesn't want us to promote the sales and consumption of some products such as a Christian selling alcohol and cigarettes. It might turn out to be a topic for the non Christians
If you happen to know anyone who is living in Dubai you will know very well that their religion over there is against taking of alcohol which means if you are into alcohol business it is going to affect you drastically.

Yws
Yes, some religion barn some business in which the religion considers illegal, for instance rearing pigs or dogs for sale in Islam is prohibited. And I think selling of alcohol is bad in Christianity.
Yes you are right and I believe it is true, infact there must be specific business that every religion do ban, even though most of the ones been ban seems to be illegal.

Yes, some religion barn some business in which the religion considers illegal, for instance rearing pigs or dogs for sale in Islam is prohibited. And I think selling of alcohol is bad in Christianity.
From my observation , I believe that Islamic religion is one religion that has a lot of things that it tries to exclude from those that are practicing their religion to do as it is against their religion.

This is not a very great factor in determining business choices though as a lot of people do not comply with them. But I believe a Christian would hardly involve in illegal business m

Lol but prostitution is never a business. It's even illegal in this part of the world. Illegal ways to make money can never be considered as business. I want to believe the writer meant legal business
You have a point there but there are actually some kind of business that can be classified as legal prostitution, let's take modeling for example, there are actually some models who go complete nude all in the name of modeling, they are actually selling their body for the world to see in exchange for cash, and I have heard about live cases where their managers give them out to top people to sleep with.

You have a point there but there are actually some kind of business that can be classified as legal prostitution, let's take modeling for example, there are actually some models who go complete nude all in the name of modeling, they are actually selling their body for the world to see in exchange for cash, and I have heard about live cases where their managers give them out to top people to sleep with.
Modelling is different from prostitution. If the managers are giving the girls out for sex just to get cash or favours in return, then it's illegal and also prostitution and such cases if reported could get such managers imprisoned

Religion imposes and ingrains certain values and beliefs in an individual or family that often affects many aspects of their lives, including their work or business. For instance, if you own a restaurant business, your menu will likely not include recipes that utilize food forbidden by your religion. You may also refrain from engaging in a money lending business that charges interest based on the amount of loan. If your religion forbids partying at night and drinking alcoholic beverages, you cannot start a business the offers those activities or accept jobs that require you to attend night parties.​

yes, religion have affect of most business. but these days most people don't care the kind of money they are making or the kind of money they want to money. personal beliefs are sometimes against them but doing some kind of business is definitely not bad.
I am dealing with baking of cakes and snacks and i dont think it has to with any religious effect saying we should not eat, though I am working in a private school that's meant for Muslim alone.

Newest Directory Listings

Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back