What's new

Does listening to music with concentration?

Well I must agree with your point because I have also comes across a number of journals and books which have laid emphasis on that but to some extent I sees it as depending on the individual capacity because their are alot of people who get confused in a noise environment.

It depends on your kind of person and music, do you tend to concentrate when you combine music with reading? What type of music do you listen to while reading?...A loud music or a slow music? All in all, it depends on what works best for you

Yes I know there are some music like that that are soft and very calm. Even the songs I will still be easily distracted. So I rather not listen to music when I am doing something very important personally.

There are some people who can't work with any kind of distraction and it's obvious that you're among the type. My brother have his work and study section restricted to everyone to avoid getting distracted by all manner of noise and music likewise.

Music is life and soul, what we should know is there are different types of music so therefore there are different types of music for different times depending on how you feeling to help you concentrate.
I love music it's helps me concentrate at everything I do

There are many Articles worldwide, that you can find on Google and Bing that state that listening to music while studying or working can drastically help with concentration. A lot of businesses and schools are allowing listening to the radio/music to their employees or students. Let's debate, does it help with concentration and make us more productive in the work or school place?
Personally, I read with music. I work with music.
It doesn't in any way cause distraction to me rather it keeps me more focused and concentrated. It also keeps me from environmental noise.
I think it's a personal think anyways. Discover what works for you and stick to it.

I can easily enjoy listening to my music with my headphones or from the radio without feeling distracted when I am doing my chores. But the moment I want to study, music becomes a distraction to me
Music also do help me when am doing my chores and infact, I do feel more comfortable with it around. It distracts me whenever I am only studying normal books except for calculations, I most times prefer my music on when dealing with numbers and maths

For me it all depends on what you're doing at that moment, the only thing I couldn't do with music is reading but music helps me concentrate on other aspect of life.

Yeah...Listening to music has been shown to increase levels of dopamine in the brain. In the brain, it acts a motivation molecule because it helps the brain with all the functions it needs do for a person to actually be productive. These tasks include areas such regulating your attention so you can stay focused on the task.

If I am working on my environment like say for instance I am clearing my courtyard or feild of grass, I can listen to music without feeling distracted working that way. But if I am learning or reading, I don't listen to music anymore at that time

There are some people who can't work with any kind of distraction and it's obvious that you're among the type. My brother have his work and study section restricted to everyone to avoid getting distracted by all manner of noise and music likewise.
Seriously because I am easily carried away and I am so sensitive to most of those things other people may not consider. I don't just like it at all and even when music is too much I don't like it because I just consider it as a distraction even when I don't read.

Yes of course listing to music and have a good concentration, but it depends on how the music or vase goes and the vital or based the mood you are.

Actually, I tried focusing on watching cricket match while working and i was not able to focus on cricket match at all. This is because our brians are not designed for multi-tasking and it is really difficult to focus on two different things.
This is actually what I know about the brain and when someone actually said that people are capable of reading and listen to music at the same time then it makes me to be thing to wonder what kind of a human being those people are.

This is actually what I know about the brain and when someone actually said that people are capable of reading and listen to music at the same time then it makes me to be thing to wonder what kind of a human being those people are.
Even me it is almost impossible for me to concentrate by reading and listening to music at the same time because the music would definitely be a distraction to me I don't engage in both at the same time

Well as regards this, it helps so many while reading or working and they concentrate. But literally to me it doesn't work, I can't listen to music and concentrate.

Listening to music indeed helps a lot with concentration. But to me, it depends on the mood and the nature of work I do at that particular moment. I gain a lot of concentration and tend to enjoy study while solving maths with my headset, and a good groove on, but I can't do that when I'm reading some written article or passage.

Listening to music while studying has become a usual practice in the student population. While one group of students claim it would enhance their curricular efficiency, on the other hand, some researchers deny such assumptions. The overall objective of the study was to explore the effect of music on the curricular activity of the student and whether this trend is to rule out it is beneficial to the students in their academic performances. Present study involved 200 Malaysian students representing three major ethnicities. Among them, 120 students prefer to listen to music while studying and remaining 80 were not. The study comprised of two ways of survey namely questionnaire based and experiment based. Data obtained from the responses of participants compiled in the form of graphs and charts 47% believes that music helps them to concentrate while studying. 29% claims that music would keep their mind calm, and 17% stated that it would prevent sleepiness. 78 out of 80 students said that listening to music while studying distract their concentration. Experimental data revealed higher incidence (75%) of correct answers while listening to soft music than other fast track or instrumental music. The positive finding as obtained from the study is relevant to justify the current trend of listening to music while studying as it may not pose any adverse effects on the concentration of student. In fact, it might also improve the performance of the student in their academic perspectives.

Well I must agree with your point because I have also comes across a number of journals and books which have laid emphasis on that but to some extent I sees it as depending on the individual capacity because their are alot of people who get confused in a noise environment.

Well, I do not think that we need any study to realize that noisy environment can distract us. Getting distracted is not good for us because we may not be able to concentrate on a specific task and we may even forget many important things related to the task we were performing.

Listening to music helps me a lot with boosting my productivity but it is not in the area of concentration. Listening to music will help me to relax and Gain much-needed energy to continue our work.

To some extent it helps, but different people have their different methods of achieving maximum concentration while reading. Some read better with music while some don't .

For me, it does. "Among the reasons for the existence of music in virtually every culture [is] its ability to elicit and maintain human health and well-being,” says the book Principles and Practice of Stress Management. When we are singing, notes another reference, our entire body resounds and vibrates. In turn, gentle vibrations help tissues relax and dilate, which may help to reduce pain.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back