What's new

Does listening to music with concentration?

Deleted member 403

There are many Articles worldwide, that you can find on Google and Bing that state that listening to music while studying or working can drastically help with concentration. A lot of businesses and schools are allowing listening to the radio/music to their employees or students. Let's debate, does it help with concentration and make us more productive in the work or school place?

To some extent it does and i personally believe the kind of music you play also plays a vital role as well. Like myself music also helps me sleep as well. There times i do have sleepless nights i just play so worship songs, and i end up having one of the sweetest sleeps ever. So the kind of music also play a major role

I am a student and I only listen to music when studying courses that involve calculations. Things like mathematics, physics and the likes. Music makes studying these courses interesting

Well I must say it depends on the individual because I've seen some people that are comfortable with music when studying and some who can't seem to concentrate when studying and their is music on

There are many Articles worldwide, that you can find on Google and Bing that state that listening to music while studying or working can drastically help with concentration. A lot of businesses and schools are allowing listening to the radio/music to their employees or students. Let's debate, does it help with concentration and make us more productive in the work or school place?
Well, it depends on the person .there are persons that when they are working , there will desire all the concentration that they can get ,and any other factor can affect their concentration.
Nevertheless, music helps to brighten the mood , so it is not really bad if the worker is ok with it

My first job was with a bank as a computer programmer trainee. There was a pipe-in music in the office all day long. When I started doing the debugging of the program (with errors) I was kind of disturbed by the music. Maybe I am not a music lover so I would prefer a quiet place than one with music even with soft music.

Yeah.. I'm totally in support of this. Listening to music is a very good idea to keep on to can concentration. Music is no doubt, an inspiration. Anytime I want yo read, once I'm listening to music, it sinks the more

For those people on the field of architecture or structural engineering, we can appreciate very much how listening to music while doing our designing work helps our productivity a lot even as students back then

I personally like to listen to music. Specially when concentrating on something that really helps. And while I'm doing my business, it also creates a nice environment for our customers.

Am a great lover of music, however I think it will depend on the type of music you are listening to, and what you may be doing. As for me I cannot concentrate listening to music and studying at the same time.
Post automatically merged:

For those people on the field of architecture or structural engineering, we can appreciate very much how listening to music while doing our designing work helps our productivity a lot even as students back then
Yeah music can actually work for the courses you mentioned. However, in my profession(law) you need absolute concentration. So listening to music will be a huge distraction. However, when doing anything outside studying, I love to listen to music.

Last edited:
When I was in school, i read longer when listening to music and the reason is because wont be wait distracted and when you are assimilating you are enjoying the rhythm of the song you listen to.

When I was still in school I discovered that I concentrate more when I am listening to music than when I am not but I get hungry faster, lol. So I agree that music helps with concentration.

When I am reading and listening to music at the same time it will affect me because I'll be carried away by the tune and the melody of the music and I would lose concentration on what I am doing, I cannot combine those two things together when I'm reading.

Depending on the person. for me, I could listen to the song when reading but the issue is the song has to be pretty low volume'd because i could start singing along silently and boom I am gone with d song

When I'm feeling dizzy, what really help me to stay on, is music. Music makes me feel alive again, and stsy with my offline and online activities with enough concentration.

Yes , I usually listen to music before giving any oral presentations in my college , or giving interviews , it makes me feel less nervous and make my work more productive.

As a student I can say that it will work only to some extend. When I am studying tough subjects like mathematics and physics then I switch the music on.

I do not usually listen to music while I am working because it actually diverts my attention from what I am doing. I know every one is different and some people do not like to listen to music while they are working and I am one of them.

Aside from the fact of the concentration music gives me when carrying out certain designing tasks, I don't listen to it when I want to study. It will be a great distraction to me

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back