What's new

Did she betray her employer?

This is a very delicate situation. Though I'll say that your friend's business has question marks over it in the sense that what they offer clients that can make them easily switch to another competition.
That means they're not giving the clients good value.

A friend of mine was so distraught today, she said a valuable staff of her resigned from her organisation a few months ago, saying she was relocating to another state. Later on my friend discovered a dwindle in the clients of her organisation and was so worried, only to discover her ex employee joined a starter company similar to my friends line of business where they doubled her salary and made her head of operations, she stole all her clients and business tactics , my friend feels so betrayed after all the trainings this ex staff received. My question is did she betray her or aimed for greener pastures?
The company we are she's working for initially betrayed her by saying hello because if they were paying her exactly what the new company offered her she would never have any reason to resign.

The company we are she's working for initially betrayed her by saying hello because if they were paying her exactly what the new company offered her she would never have any reason to resign
Since they are not running a joint business venture together and she is just an employee ,must the duty of her employer to raise her salary , but she found happiness elsewhere, so its normal she moves.

A friend of mine was so distraught today, she said a valuable staff of her resigned from her organisation a few months ago, saying she was relocating to another state. Later on my friend discovered a dwindle in the clients of her organisation and was so worried, only to discover her ex employee joined a starter company similar to my friends line of business where they doubled her salary and made her head of operations, she stole all her clients and business tactics , my friend feels so betrayed after all the trainings this ex staff received. My question is did she betray her or aimed for greener pastures?
Once the employee didn't abscond with his hard earned money, I see nothing like betraying there. She has her life to live and besides, all she needs is a better place, a conducive environment and a well paid company.

I feel bad for your friend, it would be very hurtful but sadly its isn't betrayal. It's business and most times that's how business work, people go through different means to increaee customers. The only thing i wouldn't support is going through illegal means.

She did both. She seeked greener pastures and betrayed her employer because under concept and ethics an employee should not just leave but leave prior notice and if it's to set up a business there should be an agreement between them not to double cross one another.

Personally, I don't see any form of betrayal from the story above. This is because just as seen above the said worker eft because she has seen a place better than the former place. And we all know that she has the right to leave the former place of work. The former boss should just take heart and move on or probably re-strategize. It is just my take though.

I think the lady in question actually betrayed her formal boss and this is very bad. lot of employers on them please do is press most of distance and play someone to work for you and the person would work for someone will be somebody is this is bad.
When you are not paying for how you treat your workers and how much you pay them compared to what others pay, they will always leave your job for other companies.

There's nothing wrong with that I don't see it that way, but the employee should have discuss with the business organisation the reason for the resignation first, atleast this is better.

Since she's just an employer and she's just receiving monthly salary and not a member of owners of the organisation , there's nothing wrong with her taking anither job with a better offer.

The only problem I am seeing here is that she shouldn't have lied. But whatever she does is none of anybody's business after all she has the right to resign from any business organisation if the payment is not good.

To me it is not a betrayal, it is purely business, as a business owner, your number one priority is your staffs, you have to make sure they are getting at least 60% of what they deserve because they are paramount to the success of the organization.
From the look of things it appears that the issue of morality has to be put into consideration here,because what that employee did was very wrong,it would have been better to have moved on with having to take clints of her fomer employer.

Since they are not running a joint business venture together and she is just an employee ,must the duty of her employer to raise her salary , but she found happiness elsewhere, so its normal she moves.

Sharing secrets of your ex-employer is just like betraying them. There are many employees who regularly switch jobs but they should not speak ill of their ex-employers.

Sharing secrets of your ex-employer is just like betraying them. There are many employees who regularly switch jobs but they should not speak ill of their ex-employers.
It is morally wrong to divulge secrets about your past employers to your current employer. It reeks disloyalty and it might be difficult to earn the trust of people.

It is morally wrong to divulge secrets about your past employers to your current employer. It reeks disloyalty and it might be difficult to earn the trust of people.

Yes, it is unethical and it may even make a person face the law in certain circumstances or scenarios. Speaking badly about your ex-employer could also make you look bad.

I think is not a bad Idea to leave a company and Start somewhere else, she should have just told them she got another job and continue her life, no one is supposed to stay permanent in a company because life is progressive.

Some people may think that this is a betrayal which is quite true but should have been done in a very transparent manner. People always go to businesses that pay them higher amount of money and that is exactly what her ex-employee did.

Yes, she betray her former employer since she did not discuss anything with her again. The competitor use her to weaken her boss. If she has asked for salary increment prior to the time she left, we would have said she leave the salary is not enough for her. Even if she want to leave, why stole her former employer clients? That's betrayal

Well, such kind of issues are quite common in many joint venture or joint stock companies when the firms amalgamate into one single venture. This is why they have to renew their policies to avoid conflicts.
Some people may think that this is a betrayal which is quite true but should have been done in a very transparent manner. People always go to businesses that pay them higher amount of money and that is exactly what her ex-employee did.

I guess that many people might have different definitions of what a betrayal might mean. Many bosses and employers might react differently because people are different it seems.

Its a normal thing for an employee to leave an organisation If the payment is not satisfying and he or she got another offer elsewhere , I dont see her leaving as a betrayer .

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back