Did she betray her employer?

Adventurer

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Jan 16, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
A friend of mine was so distraught today, she said a valuable staff of her resigned from her organisation a few months ago, saying she was relocating to another state. Later on my friend discovered a dwindle in the clients of her organisation and was so worried, only to discover her ex employee joined a starter company similar to my friends line of business where they doubled her salary and made her head of operations, she stole all her clients and business tactics , my friend feels so betrayed after all the trainings this ex staff received. My question is did she betray her or aimed for greener pastures?

I do not see any form of betrayal here since she was a mere employee and not a partner. She had every right to pick up better job opportunity and she must have done something right for her to have been able to easily steal your friend's clients.

Your friend could have made her employees sign a non disclosure document to avoid such issues.

In marketing and sales department that usually happens when a star employee would leave to transfer to the competitor. But pirating the clients is not a decent move although I have to agree that it also happens sometimes. That is why most of the marketing managers are trying to be friendly with the staff that would leave so that the clientele will be protected. In the real world it is always the dog-eat-dog mentality when it comes to business rivalry.

A friend of mine was so distraught today, she said a valuable staff of her resigned from her organisation a few months ago, saying she was relocating to another state. Later on my friend discovered a dwindle in the clients of her organisation and was so worried, only to discover her ex employee joined a starter company similar to my friends line of business where they doubled her salary and made her head of operations, she stole all her clients and business tactics , my friend feels so betrayed after all the trainings this ex staff received. My question is did she betray her or aimed for greener pastures
Not betrayer but is against humanity. Because you found a greener pastures does not mean u should left with a bad trademark. If the same measure of what she did was done to her how will she feel. Well what's my own we dont know the full details of the story so we cannot judge.

A friend of mine was so distraught today, she said a valuable staff of her resigned from her organisation a few months ago, saying she was relocating to another state. Later on my friend discovered a dwindle in the clients of her organisation and was so worried, only to discover her ex employee joined a starter company similar to my friends line of business where they doubled her salary and made her head of operations, she stole all her clients and business tactics , my friend feels so betrayed after all the trainings this ex staff received. My question is did she betray her or aimed for greener pastures?
She did both betray her bosses trust and went for greener pasture, what we should call to question now the the ex-staff's honesty and sincerity.

If it were to me, I would rather tell my employer the truth about me leaving, if offer is increased and I decide to stay, good if not I will leave knowing that I made my intentions known.

Let you friend open new frontiers, create new markets and get new clients and for that her former staff.

To me it is not a betrayal, it is purely business, as a business owner, your number one priority is your staffs, you have to make sure they are getting at least 60% of what they deserve because they are paramount to the success of the organization.

Fewer things hurt more than being betrayed by someone we trust. When that person is our boss, someone who impacts our career paths and livelihoods, the pain can be amplified. Whether they took credit for a project you sacrificed months to complete, gave a promotion they promised you to someone else, or publicly shamed you for someone else’s mistake, the consequences of the betrayal are far-reaching.

Boss betrayal can hinder our ability to trust others, remain optimistic and resilient during difficult times, and accurately judge complex situations. Our brains often process betrayal as trauma, and we expect that trauma to be repeated. Hurt and guarded, we sometimes engage in behaviors that are meant to be protective but have unintended consequences. When this happens, it’s not our boss’s behavior that should concern us. It’s our own.

While you may not be able to change your boss, you can keep their bad behavior from harmfully changing you. Here are ways to guard against the risks of becoming someone you never intended to be.

Hold fast to your values. According to Dennis Reina, author of Trust and Betrayal in the Workplace, 85% of workplace betrayal is unintentional. But just because a boss didn’t mean to betray someone doesn’t lessen the experience. Sometimes you can raise concerns with a boss who failed to realize the consequences of their actions. Their genuine remorse and commitment to make things right can restore trust, and even make your relationship stronger.

But if your boss has routinely betrayed your trust, it’s important to ensure you aren’t unconsciously corrupting your own behavior in response. Research indicates that if your boss behaves badly, you are more likely to follow suit. As long as you have to function under this boss, be clear on the values you want to govern your behavior and resolute on what compromising them would constitute. For example, if you value inclusion, think about what actions make others feel excluded, and monitor your behavior to make sure you aren’t doing them. How you show respect to others, how you share ideas, how you give credit where it’s due, and even how you talk about your contributions are all informed by your values. Don’t let your boss’s contradiction of those values lead you to justify compromising them.

I think the lady in question actually betrayed her formal boss and this is very bad. lot of employers on them please do is press most of distance and play someone to work for you and the person would work for someone will be somebody is this is bad.

This is not betrayal, she just got a better offer from somewhere else and decided to move, although I don't really see the need for her lying that she's traveling, it would have been better if she had resigned in a better way.

The point here is that your friend does not have any form of relationship with her customers, the employee that left was actually the one running your friend's business and interfacing with customers, and that's why it was easy for her to lure the customers to her new working place. That's why it's important to have more than one point-man in your business so that when one person leaves, another will fill the position.

What your friend need to do now is to innovate and introduce new things in her business that will help her claim back her market share.

I think the former employee was not sincere in resigning, thus betraying the trust of her employer. Business is another thing, it may be valid to go to another company and start to improve, look for higher entries, but personally I would talk to the boss, I would explain my next steps, in this way respect and trust are maintained.

I can not regards this issue as a betraying act, but is unfair. Though this will teach your friend a good lesson about how to handle a staffs in good way. In any business we are doing we supposed to be treating our staffs well and give them what they deserve. There are some people that working under a some one but they are not earn 50% as they are working, now tell if they see any other opportunity that will pay them 8% how they will not go.

I don't think this is betrayal. This is just a case of insincerity and it should be overlooked because an employee that doesn't want to work for you anymore doesn't owe you any more loyalty. She is free to employ whatever strategy she likes to grow her own business.

To me she did not betrayed her employer since she is just an employee and not a pertners to her boss and beside there is no agreement between both of them that she cannot live at any time she deem fit only that she would have tell her boss that she was not co sintinent with the pay and if the employer refused to pay then leaving the job for another one is not bad and it for her own benefit that's why every entity always do many things for there staff to keep the employee.

Your friend did not need such a person in her organization. Someone who did such a thing can do something far more dangerous to your friends company. If your friend has a strong marketing skill and s unique selling proposition, she will bounce back become stronger. Those customers that go with the said lady are also betrayers who does want the progress of your friend's business.

She did right and wrong at the same time. She should have come clean and let your friend know her main reason for pulling out and even if she takes clients away from the previous company, it is because she is good in her job, not because she lured and tied them down to herself.

Yes she did betrayed her, she can move and join a similar start up company and use a her teachings but to steal her clients that's a bit foul for me. She's a snake in disguise who knows if they actually planned everything from the start?

Well, it's really sad for your friend to experience this with her employee but she have to continue working hard to maintain the other customers that are still doing business with her, and never felt betrayed. Such is life and that occurs in businesses most at times, so your friend needs to work harder and with time everything will be normal.

It was not a betrayal because everybody want good thing and not bad things.
The employee that leaves his previous job to another knows the promotion ,gifts and wealth she will acquire in the new job.

There is no betrayal here as it's just a business as she got a better option than your friends company, she should take it just the way it is and start gathering client that will be loyal to her instead of clients that are loyal to the ex employee.

Sadly there's nothing that can be done, you said she stole her tactics but we all do that one way or the other, what I will advise your sister is to forget it and let bygone be bygone, she should focus ahead and find another employeee that can replace her effectively.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back