What's new

Did she betray her employer?

A friend of mine was so distraught today, she said a valuable staff of her resigned from her organisation a few months ago, saying she was relocating to another state. Later on my friend discovered a dwindle in the clients of her organisation and was so worried, only to discover her ex employee joined a starter company similar to my friends line of business where they doubled her salary and made her head of operations, she stole all her clients and business tactics , my friend feels so betrayed after all the trainings this ex staff received. My question is did she betray her or aimed for greener pastures?
Well, in the strict business sense, there's no betrayal here at all. As an employee, you are free to chose wherever you want to work without anyone's being offended.

The only form of betrayal here is the ex-employee taking your friend's clients with her. But is not a bad thing to be taught a job from a place and get to work in a different place. My advice for you friend is to try and bring up new ideas that can boost up her business. Every business have a secret ingredient.

The only form of betrayal here is the ex-employee taking your friend's clients with her. But is not a bad thing to be taught a job from a place and get to work in a different place. My advice for you friend is to try and bring up new ideas that can boost up her business. Every business have a secret ingredient.
Yes, that was her pain, if a neutral person had been involved she wouldn't have felt that way. And the staff was so dear to her

A friend of mine was so distraught today, she said a valuable staff of her resigned from her organisation a few months ago, saying she was relocating to another state. Later on my friend discovered a dwindle in the clients of her organisation and was so worried, only to discover her ex employee joined a starter company similar to my friends line of business where they doubled her salary and made her head of operations, she stole all her clients and business tactics , my friend feels so betrayed after all the trainings this ex staff received. My question is did she betray her or aimed for greener pastures?
There is no betrayal anywhere. She pursued the work as a career. Each one of them will have their clients nevertheless, this is not something the former employer should think of negatively.

I don't think there's any betrayal there, we has an individual tends to work where they pay is high and a higher position
The employer just have to learn from her mistakes and learn to pay her staff very well

In all honesty, it will cost you nothing to relay your information to your boss, tho this is dependent on level of understanding.if you are the former boss how will you fill.

Well, if it was an employer to employee relationship, I would say she did not but went for a greener pasture. But if the relationship was more than that then it was a betrayal but you can not blame the lady everything is difficult in this country but I pray your friend forgives her employee.

This is a dicey situation, everyone wants something better and wants progress so I don't blame the lady for leaving. But she's a bad person to have stolen her employer's clients

There are certain aspects or situations that are completely normal if they occur. Someone who is that important and knows so much about the business should have been kept happy in the company at all cost and even if she eventually does, then a like replacement should be brought.

Since everyone always wants to go for the best, I wouldn't say that the girl actually betrayed her company. The said company can also decide to layoff the girl if they find a better employee.

Well, I wouldn't say it's a betrayal. She had a very good relationship while in the business organization to the extent the customer still trusts her with a new organization just starting out. That's loyalty on the part of the customer. The best thing for the old organization is to try and get new customers as soon as possible while trying to draw the old customers away from her. It's all business.

It was not a very good behavior from the employee to decieve the boss,she could have stated the obvious and leave on a good note.Concerning the issue of taking her clients it was very bad and you friend need to device a strategy of personal relationship with her client and know them one on one.

This sounds very unethical to me. If she/her new company simply lured some customers over by fair competition, that would be alright. But if I interpreted the post correctly, she actually took the data of some clients with her and stole them that way, is that right? If it is, that's quite unethical and I would expect there to be some kind of privacy regulations or contract terms that forbid this.

I cant call going for a better offer a betrayer, your friend ( the boss ( should have increase the salary of her employee so that they won't be tempted to go for other offer, maybe your friend is not treating them well.

I do not see any dorm of betrayal in what she did. She and your friend were not into any form of partnership or sign any agreement to that to effects any betrayal. All she did was get a better job and uses her experience in her last job to improve her current job. No betrayal in what she did.

yes it is true that the lady in question went for a greener pasture but still she would have just spoken to her friend and boss to explain that she would want an increase in salary and if they do not comply then she can resign and go for the company also she does not have the right to the previous companies client as it is not morally right.

It's definitely a betrayal because she stole her clients , had she not stolen her clients and just left thats another thing. In situations like this there is little that can done except to move on and improve on ones business

Well in reply to your question in the above post concerning the woman that went to work for another company her former company was in competition with and with same clients, well in my opinion she did indeed betray her boss

When looking at it through ethics and morals what she did was wrong and the boss has every right to feel betrayed. If she had come clean and tell the boss she had a better offer am pretty sure the boss cant and wount stop her, unless he wants to pay her more than what was offered to her. And why the boss has every right to feel betrayed is that she not only used the same tactics but also stole customers. That is totally worng
Post automatically merged:

There is no betrayal here as it's just a business as she got a better option than your friends company, she should take it just the way it is and start gathering client that will be loyal to her instead of clients that are loyal to the ex employee.
Even in business there needs to be ethics and morals, you dont need to let ambitiousness cloud your judgement. What she did was totally and morally wrong. If she had used the same tactics on her new job, its abit understandable, she is used to that method so she would surely work with that unless her new place of work has other methods which i believe they should. But moving clients from her old place to her new place is crossing the line. Yes i get your point as to it being just business. But to me thats just over ambition which made her made choices that where not morally right.
Post automatically merged:

yes it is true that the lady in question went for a greener pasture but still she would have just spoken to her friend and boss to explain that she would want an increase in salary and if they do not comply then she can resign and go for the company also she does not have the right to the previous companies client as it is not morally right.
Exactly. Its not just a boss here but also a friend, there no harm in telling your boss i found a place that is willing to pay more than what i get here. Then its left for the boss to either pay you more than what was offered to you or let you go in good terms

Last edited:

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back