What's new

Did people try to steer you away from working online?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
If you've ever worked online for a living, you know it can be tough sometimes. But getting into working online can be easier said than done. It doesn't help when friends and family try to steer you away from that by saying you wouldn't make a good living online. Or they think you're lazier because you work from home and don't do a traditional 9-5 job.

Did any family and friends try to stop you? And did they judge you for starting? What did you say to them?

No, I've never revealed to many of family members how I work online to make money. As it's a side hustle and not a full time job, I didn't see the need of making a big deal out of it by telling everyone. Many of them wouldn't understand the whole concept.

My parents are proud of what I do, and my spouse and siblings are also proud of what I do. Never in my life, have I been discouraged from working online. Some people believe that I just use tiktok and youtube all through the day, they don't believe that I am actually working and making money online. However, people's opinion does not matter.

Even today, it is more difficult for me to work, even though I live alone, because they once told me this when I was just starting out, and I have a certain residue from it, and I am not always sure that this is the right path that I have chosen

Not really anyone has judged me or tried to prevent me from working online since they know that nowadays you can work totally remotely without any problem, maybe some are still surprised when I tell them that I earn money online, but with a little explanation they understand it easily and even some want to do the same.

One of the major challenges faced working online is people's perception. An online worker who is making some real money and living good is classified as an internet scammer; a struggling one or one who is not doing very well is tagged a lazy joke who doesn't want to go look for job.

For the very few times that I've had bad periods and asked for help, I was told in clear times to go look for a 9-5 job. Someone even told me that all I do is to spend the whole day at home sleeping my eyes out. The insults can be that bad. When I was working offline and making less than half of what I now make online, folks called me hardworking.

If you've ever worked online for a living, you know it can be tough sometimes. But getting into working online can be easier said than done. It doesn't help when friends and family try to steer you away from that by saying you wouldn't make a good living online. Or they think you're lazier because you work from home and don't do a traditional 9-5 job.

Did any family and friends try to stop you? And did they judge you for starting? What did you say to them?
It has been seen at many places that if someone works online, they create a lot of obstacles in its functioning.But if you work diligently, you can succeed in your goal.Unless you make yourself successful, people will keep creating obstacles in your path, but As soon as you become successful, people can't help but praise you.

Yes, my parents initially tried to steer me away from working online. They were concerned about the possibility of scams and wanted to ensure my safety and financial well-being. While their worries were valid, I took the time to research and understand the online work landscape better. By finding legitimate opportunities and taking necessary precautions, I was able to address their concerns and pursue online work in a secure and fruitful manner.

My mother is always on my neck whenever she sees me pressing my phone. She tried stopping me in making money online because she believe that online money making is full of scam. I believed in online and i ignored that.

No, I've never revealed to many of family members how I work online to make money. As it's a side hustle and not a full time job, I didn't see the need of making a big deal out of it by telling everyone. Many of them wouldn't understand the whole concept.
Definitely, same is applicable to me. I do online work as side hustle, I have my full time work I do which is offline. I don't reveal to them as none of them seems to have interest in knowing either too.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back