What's new

Would you pay someone more if you liked them more?

no, I won't do that, it's not right, it's partial and sentimental, and it shows favoritism and breeds hatred amongst workers. I will only pay you what was agreed upon

I am only going to be paying you exactly what you are going to be contributing to my business. It is always certain that you are going to like some people more but then I am only going to pay you more if you work hard.

Paying someone more money than you are paying the other workers when they are supposed to be earning the same thing at the end of the month is an act of partiality which can ruin the image of the company .

Unfortunately, this is a practice I have seen in the past with many businesses where business owners will have an employee who is their favorite for whatever reason, maybe it's because they like them, maybe it's because they like their work and they tend to pay them more because they are their favorite. This is a very bad practice to have especially in business and not something that should be frequent in business.

Eventually, your other employees are going to find out that you have a favorite in the business and that you are paying them more than the others and that is just not fair on others who are also putting in just as much time and effort. This can then lead to people quitting and your business getting a bad reputation.

I would always treat every employee I have the same, they would get the same pay and be treated exactly the same.

If a good quality in them makes me like them, I will reward them publicly before everyone in order to make others see a reason to have a good attitude towards work.
Yes you're absolutely right, in as much as you noticed your employee is doing well towards the growth and development of your business, it's very good to reward them, I believe it motivates them.

I might not really pay them more but once in a while i might give them some tips or probably buy launch for them or something along that line, this is just to show that i appreciate them.

No, I would not pay someone more because I like them. I would more likely give them gifts instead of paying them more than other workers because of my likeness for them.

I don't think that it is fair to pay someone more just because you like that person, there should be other ways you can go about in rewarding that person that would not cause issues in your company.

I
I am sure this happens in businesses. Just purely on someone's personality and thinking they are a good person, would you give them a raise and pay them more than other employees even if they do the same amount of work?
I am sure this happens in businesses. Just purely on someone's personality and thinking they are a good person, would you give them a raise and pay them more than other employees even if they do the same amount of work?
Giving a worker a pay rise just because of their personality or one's likeness is wrong and will definitely affect the growth of the business. Reward diligence not personality. Co workers might consider it as being bias which might kill the business

Honestly, no. I don't think anyone deserves more because I like them more. I pay people based on the work they do, and will only pay on work done. I don't hire friends to do work, because that then creates this problem, that when they do fail to do their work, I then have to talk to them and reprimand them if they continue to not do their work properly.

So yeah, I'd prefer to not hire people I liked, and more so hire people who are the best for the job. If this person is best for the job, they would likely be hired.

Paying someone more money because you like them is sentiment and partiality. What should be use as a prerequisite for increasing some salary should include value offered and contribution to the company, not because you like.

You might just tend to like a person for some reason like aura, personality and the rest. But I won't pay the person more because of that. I might just be giving the person ocassional tips. That's because if other staff get to hear that you are paying the person more than the organization's salary structure, there would be rancour and the organization might end up losing some of the staff. Don't distort the wage structure because you like an employee.

of course things like that really happened in a business venture. If a particular person is hardworking then they will likely promote him or her faster than others. Sometimes they can make the person head of department.

When you like someone and be paying more, it might be because of the seriousness in put in works and the contribution he or she is bringing to your business than others.

I have done this before. I patronized a fashion designer and the clothes were so amazing so I just had to give her more money. I do this a lot of times just to compensate them apart from the regular charge.

I have paid more than what I agreed upon to a lot of people I have hired. That's because I like paying better to the people who offer better services. I like rehiring these people frequently.

Personally I don't believe that this is a very good work ethics because it is definitely going to turn into something that is not healthy in that business which is why I try as much as possible always pay my stars based on their work and commitment.

Personally based on business protocols, I don't have to do that but I will pay you based on schedule and if I wished, I can give you extra bonuses and that should be based on personal affection.

All these biases are common in organizations but it isn't healthy for the stability of the workforce of the organization. I won't try it because if other staff find out, they won't be happy and it can affect their morale.

Paying someone or rather a worker more money that what they deserve as salary simply because you like them is very bad , it might lead to jealousy and hatred innthe organisation which might negatively affect your business.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back