What's new

Who opens the doors of the business?

Opening doors should be the duty of a watchman. This would endeavor him to clean the business environment before the arrival of the business owner. This is the right thing to do.
In the company that I have worked in the past the duty of opening the doors everyday and the job is the work of the security as he will make sure that I close and open the office main entrance everyday as that is his work specification.

Each company is governed by its own agreements and responsibilities. In the particular case of the functions of the employees of an office, company or institution, where there are security personnel, whose responsibility is it to open the doors for the personnel to enter? The doorman or the guard? I have seen discussions because the guards want to put them as guardians when their responsibility is to take care and as the word "guard" says, to protect and take care of the personnel.

In my country, there are only a few restaurants who have doormen. Most of the time, the guards are the ones who open the doors for the customers. Nowadays, they also have additional responsibility, they are also supposed to check the temperature of customers due to Covid-19.

Opening of doors should be the responsibility of the security personnel. They help with duties like this during the day and guard at night. They can work in shifts to prevent fatigue.

In my country, there are only a few restaurants who have doormen. Most of the time, the guards are the ones who open the doors for the customers. Nowadays, they also have additional responsibility, they are also supposed to check the temperature of customers due to Covid-19.
Well actually I meant business in general, of course restaurants are included. I think it is very good that there is a person in charge of measuring the temperature, in view of Covid.

Opening of doors should be the responsibility of the security personnel. They help with duties like this during the day and guard at night. They can work in shifts to prevent fatigue.
In my country, security guards work different schedules according to the contractor. It can be 24/48 work 24h and rest 48h, day or night schedule 12/24 work 12h and rest 24h. This with the purpose of their deserved rest. However, they do not take care of the door when there is a doorman.

It is really good for the owner of such a company, because so far where I have worked, I have not seen anything similar. At least he gets paid for the dual role he performs, both cleaning and receptionist. Surely it is a small or understaffed company.

Exactly, it's the main benefits that comes with having both job roles. It's not that a bother staff can't be employed for the cleaning but the front desk officer decided to take it on.

It is possible, a first class staff as you describe. When the staff comes in, who is in charge of opening the door for customers? Do you think it should be the same or a person with the door duties and responsibility?
Apart from the fact that people are not using manual doors too much anymore, opening doors for customers should be done by the doorman or security guards stationed there.

There are some businesses where they don't have the financial means to employ security officers but rather shift the duty to either the office secretary to do both jobs.

Exactly, it's the main benefits that comes with having both job roles. It's not that a bother staff can't be employed for the cleaning but the front desk officer decided to take it on.
Of course, having the dual function, the salary, if not duplicated, should be close, which benefits both the employee and the company. This may be possible as long as the company is small, otherwise it is not convenient because the employee would neglect one function to perform another.
Apart from the fact that people are not using manual doors too much anymore, opening doors for customers should be done by the doorman or security guards stationed there.
There are countries where there are still a large majority of businesses that use manual doors, that is why I asked the question. I understand that in many countries they are more up to date with respect to it. But I agree with your publication "the doorman or security guards" must open the door.

Well actually I meant business in general, of course restaurants are included. I think it is very good that there is a person in charge of measuring the temperature, in view of Covid.

In my country, security guards work different schedules according to the contractor. It can be 24/48 work 24h and rest 48h, day or night schedule 12/24 work 12h and rest 24h. This with the purpose of their deserved rest. However, they do not take care of the door when there is a doorman.
Wow,wish to know your country. In my location, the job of security entails many things not just guiding the location. They are the ones that ensures that people comply to covid guidelines, open the door and attend to other casual duties.

Wow,wish to know your country. In my location, the job of security entails many things not just guiding the location. They are the ones that ensures that people comply to covid guidelines, open the door and attend to other casual duties.
Here, in my country, they are always welcome. As for security guards, they have their specific functions! They are the "security" in the place where they are hired, where they must make rounds and avoid any situation that may arise within the place. They may have other functions, which will be mutually agreed upon.

I think there is a difference between security guard and those who opens door to a business. So far as I have understand, it's not the work of the security guard to open the door

I think there is a difference between security guard and those who opens door to a business. So far as I have understand, it's not the work of the security guard to open the door
We totally agree, they are totally different responsibilities and functions. But as days go by and analyzing the publications, I believe that there are countries in which the position of doorman does not exist, and the responsibility is only of the watchman.

Ok it seems like same in our area. For small businesses like around 10 to 15 people, there is no need for a doorman, but when your business is big and the installation is large you will need a specific doorman or security guard for that purpose.
Makes a lot of sense. Because I don't think there will be any need for such post if the business is a small business where it is common sense that the sales persons do open the doors of the business each day

Opening doors should be the duty of a watchman. This would endeavor him to clean the business environment before the arrival of the business owner. This is the right thing to do.
Your absolutely right because every place need to be clean for the staffs to come and work, and it's the watchman that can do that or any body appointed to do.

Your absolutely right because every place need to be clean for the staffs to come and work, and it's the watchman that can do that or any body appointed to do.
Normally watchmen is attended for opening and closing the gates, and floor cleaner for taking care of the floors. Different job is assigned to specific people.

I think this depends on companies to companies. The decision to who should be opening the office lies entirely on the CEO.

I am really not sure if the CEO would get involved into such small matters. A manager (who is ranked the lowest in the company) usually looks at such kind of matters. Most of the companies do not employ door openers separately.

Here, in my country, they are always welcome. As for security guards, they have their specific functions! They are the "security" in the place where they are hired, where they must make rounds and avoid any situation that may arise within the place. They may have other functions, which will be mutually agreed upon.
Are you from India or Philippine? It seems so different from what is obtainable in my location. That's a better way of organising it than adding many functions to an individual.

Of course, having the dual function, the salary, if not duplicated, should be close, which benefits both the employee and the company. This may be possible as long as the company is small, otherwise it is not convenient because the employee would neglect one function to perform another.

There are countries where there are still a large majority of businesses that use manual doors, that is why I asked the question. I understand that in many countries they are more up to date with respect to it. But I agree with your publication "the doorman or security guards" must open the door.

Seriously, it's one of the biggest reasons why most people in my country are not really complaining about having both job descriptions because they get to earn more.

Are you from India or Philippine? It seems so different from what is obtainable in my location. That's a better way of organising it than adding many functions to an individual.
I am from the country of Venezuela, and indeed I have noticed that with respect to the positions and functions of employees is different in other countries. Personally, I believe that each employee should perform the functions for which he/she was hired and not overload him/her with the functions of other people, unless they reach other agreements before signing the contract.
Seriously, it's one of the biggest reasons why most people in my country are not really complaining about having both job descriptions because they get to earn more.
I think it is good that a person can fulfill more than one function within a company, as long as the company recognizes economically the workload that the employee is performing. In my country, according to the labor legislation, each position has its functions described in it.

Normally watchmen is attended for opening and closing the gates, and floor cleaner for taking care of the floors. Different job is assigned to specific people.
That is the main thing which needs to be considered always, the responsibilities and those that are supposed to implement them. Anyone who's not doing what's expected would then be queried.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back