Who opens the doors of the business?

Sariana23

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 1, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Each company is governed by its own agreements and responsibilities. In the particular case of the functions of the employees of an office, company or institution, where there are security personnel, whose responsibility is it to open the doors for the personnel to enter? The doorman or the guard? I have seen discussions because the guards want to put them as guardians when their responsibility is to take care and as the word "guard" says, to protect and take care of the personnel.

Last edited:
According to my experience, the Manager or assistant can be given the responsibility of opening the doors to the business, these set of employees must also be punctual as far as they have no official assignments, in some cases the owner of the business always prefers to open the business himself, all to be sure that everything in the store is secure.

Opening doors should be the duty of a watchman. This would endeavor him to clean the business environment before the arrival of the business owner. This is the right thing to do.

The watchman should not be told to close and open the door, his job is different except in a situation where the organization is understaffed or trying to cut cost, the office assistant should do that.

According to my experience, the Manager or assistant can be given the responsibility of opening the doors to the business, these set of employees must also be punctual as far as they have no official assignments, in some cases the owner of the business always prefers to open the business himself, all to be sure that everything in the store is secure.
You are right @tuna89, employees must be punctual, it is something that makes the person who opens the door uncomfortable, since they must open and close as employees arrive. There are a variety of people who are in charge of opening the door, but in fact I have seen the owners many times, because they like to be the first to enter.

Well, I don't think that is a serious issue, most companies entrust their guards to open the doors because they are always around and all that. But some businesses can't do that because you can't put too much trust in them, so they prefer someone whose rank is higher.

Well, I don't think that is a serious issue, most companies entrust their guards to open the doors because they are always around and all that. But some businesses can't do that because you can't put too much trust in them, so they prefer someone whose rank is higher.
If true @Trexxxy, many companies request the support of the guards. But in the case of my job, the guard refuses to perform those functions, since he is not within his duty as a vigilante. He says that these functions correspond to the owner or another person in charge.

In my own opinion opening gates of the company for the employee and customers to enter is the duty of a gateman or watchman if its a big company, but if its a small business venture, the key to the office is always with the owner or the manager.

In my own opinion opening gates of the company for the employee and customers to enter is the duty of a gateman or watchman if its a big company, but if its a small business venture, the key to the office is always with the owner or the manager.
I agree with you that the responsibility lies with the doorman @Shigobad, Now if there is no doorman it may be that the watchman does the job if it is within his duties, as @ahmedo24 comments, "The watchman should not be told to lock and unlock the door, his job is different." Or for lack of personnel, he can collaborate.

The watchman should not be told to close and open the door, his job is different except in a situation where the organization is understaffed or trying to cut cost, the office assistant should do that.
The watchman should be the one to open and close the door but the staff's must be the one to open the door of the main company.

The watchman should be the one to open and close the door but the staff's must be the one to open the door of the main company.
The case is different in my country and has even attracted disagreements between the watchman and other staff members. The security guard only wants to take care of the guard's duties and not to open and close doors. But I have read that in many countries it is the guard's responsibility.

The case is different in my country and has even attracted disagreements between the watchman and other staff members. The security guard only wants to take care of the guard's duties and not to open and close doors. But I have read that in many countries it is the guard's responsibility.
When it cones to checking punctual or closing the doors the security guard is meant for such here in my country. Unless you're saying, closing and opening of the gate, I'll say it's Gateman's job.

This depends on company to company. When I was working in a store temporarily, it was me who opened the door of the store instead of the helper I had employed.

Yes you're correct, when the office opens for the day, a staff should open it up, but the watchman can open for others to enter during working hours.

This depends on company to company. When I was working in a store temporarily, it was me who opened the door of the store instead of the helper I had employed.
I have noticed different opinions and in the end I must say that you are right, it will depend on the place of work and even the country. Because the opinions received do not agree and are different from my location in some cases, if there is no doorman employee the job is done by a security guard or any other employee.

Doorman or the watchman is the lowest ranking worker in an organization, I don't think he/she should be responsible for opening the office.

Doorman or the watchman is the lowest ranking worker in an organization, I don't think he/she should be responsible for opening the office.
I understand that they are of low rank, but they still have responsibilities. In my country the doorman, that the same word says it, is in charge of opening and closing the main door and for that he is paid. Now inside the business if it is divided into offices, each one must open his own. That is my way of thinking.

It is the job of the security personnel,which the company has employed to safe gaurd the company, that will open the doors for the for the staffs to enter,it's still part of security checks.

I think this depends on companies to companies. The decision to who should be opening the office lies entirely on the CEO.

I think opening a gate in a company should be a gateman not a employee because opening a gate is a gateman duty, not a employee.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back