What's new

Who opens the doors of the business?

Well, I don't think there is a general answer to this question. It depends on the kinds of business you are running or being run. Some big companies pay people to do that while small ones are done by the owner.

Ok what I have come to understand now is that most hospital over here operate 24 hours and they do not close, so in this case they do not really have to bother about who should be the one to open the door. I believe the same is applicable in your country.
In my country there is usually always someone at the door, either to open, give information or welcome people who arrive, in a hospital the responsibility falls on the watchman, in a clinic or health center payment, is the doorman.
The gates and doors of the company are usually opened and closed by the security guards and sometimes they are the ones who also kept the keys to the offices in the company.
This is correct, as I have come to understand that in most countries the watchman is responsible for the security of the companies in general, therefore he is the man of trust to be responsible for the keys.

It depends on the company and the amount of workers. Most multinationals have a doorman because the can afford it. Most other companies who wants to minimise cost general use security guard as doorman.

In my country there is usually always someone at the door, either to open, give information or welcome people who arrive, in a hospital the responsibility falls on the watchman, in a clinic or health center payment, is the doorman.

This is correct, as I have come to understand that in most countries the watchman is responsible for the security of the companies in general, therefore he is the man of trust to be responsible for the keys.
Well maybe the system of government in your country is quite different compared to the one over here, because for me I don't really see the need of the door man because that is not an entertainment centre... Well you have a different planning in your country .

Well maybe the system of government in your country is quite different compared to the one over here, because for me I don't really see the need of the door man because that is not an entertainment centre... Well you have a different planning in your country .
That's right, in my country with respect to this issue, it is totally different from yours. The important thing is that with the doormen or security guards, there is real security within the company and of course of the personnel working in it.

If I could get this right, I think this is not a literal opening of the door, it means who should come first to work or the person to resume earlier than the rest, I believe s set time should be agreed upon by the boards of directors and every employee should stick to it and strict compliance to punctuality should be enforced and encouraged

If I could get this right, I think this is not a literal opening of the door, it means who should come first to work or the person to resume earlier than the rest, I believe s set time should be agreed upon by the boards of directors and every employee should stick to it and strict compliance to punctuality should be enforced and encouraged
In most cases, the front desk officers or receptionists are always the first set to resume before others. Other times, some Managers actually resume very early in order to detect lateness among employees.

Actually I mean the opening of the door in a literal way, this will be the person in charge of being first or after the immediate boss or owner. He/she will be in charge of welcoming both staff and visitors to the company.

The watchman should not be told to close and open the door, his job is different except in a situation where the organization is understaffed or trying to cut cost, the office assistant should do that.
I believe it's something that is fully dependent on the kind of business that we are talking about because there are some businesses that have the door man or security men who open door for customers.

Opening doors should be the duty of a watchman. This would endeavor him to clean the business environment before the arrival of the business owner. This is the right thing to do.
I don't really see the reason why someone who job description is opening and closing office door is something that should be allowed because it is actually very useless position or post.

Opening doors should be the duty of a watchman. This would endeavor him to clean the business environment before the arrival of the business owner. This is the right thing to do.
The watchman is not a cleaner though. I get your point. Most organizations gives out spare keys to cleaners, they clean and arrange the work place before the arrival of other staffs

Well, I don't think that is a serious issue, most companies entrust their guards to open the doors because they are always around and all that. But some businesses can't do that because you can't put too much trust in them, so they prefer someone whose rank is higher.

This topic here seems funny. Opening the company's gate or door should be a topic to be debated here. Because I don't see much relevance there as their are always security guards assigned to do that in every company unless you are operating a personal business.
Thanks for your time.

Opening the company gate/door isn't responsibility of the gateman or the security man depending on the organisation, there are some organisation that gives job to the gateman while some some are opened by the guard's.

I think it's the doorman because the guards usually have a wider scope of work anyways. Theirs include more of securing the environments and properties; sometimes it may even stretch to securing of lives if necessary.

To my own perfective, the gate man should be the person to open gate for the other because I belied it his duty to do so, it is never a duty of manager to open the gate

This will seriously depend on the type of business organisation , it could be the security man, the receptionist or the business owner and most business organisation runs 24 hours such as hospital will not need anyone.

To my own perfective, the gate man should be the person to open gate for the other because I belied it his duty to do so, it is never a duty of manager to open the gate
The gateman should be the first person to open the gate for the people and workers in the organisations, but in opening the door of the main office entrance sometimes might be done by the workers.

I think it all boils down to the rules and ethics of then organisation,it could be that what is optainable for the organisation would be the guard,but in some outfit,the person that manages the outfit has this responsibility.

It depends on the rule and regulations laid down by the management of the organisation , so opening the door of the business sometimes might have to do with who comes to the office early .

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back