What's new

Which should one go for: skills or higher education pursuit?

Well they are both good and they need to be gotten simultaneously but in reality I will say that in a developed economy it is better to have higher education but in developing or underdeveloped economy it is advisable to acquire skills more than the higher education.

They are both important and necessary, there are those that have no skill yet using their education certificate to make millions and there are still those that have no form of education and but with great skills and they are still making millions on a daily basis. So they are both really very important.

For me skills, I have met many people with degrees who cannot get a job in their chosen fields. I have also met academics that are complete idiots. A certificate in higher education is no guarantee that you will get a job, but knowing a lot about many fields and having an abundance of skills, so that you can turn your hand to any of a number of endeavours, will ensure that you are always in demand. Having a multitude of subjects from which to draw has surprising benefits: it allows you to see problems and snags from a variety of different perspectives.

I don't think it's right to compare these two because no one is more important than the others.... Even as one is pursuing higher education he should also gain skills.... you shouldn't just neglect skills because you are in higher institution... some people in life make it with their education while some make it through skills

Acquiring skills plus education makes life worth while. The only mistake a person can make is focus only on the higher education and leave out skill acquisition. The skills are important because of the dark period when an individual can't get a white collar job. He or she wouldn't need wait endlessly for a job not forth coming.

Both are important, Young people may find that they have skills they didn't know they had as they are exposed to new things and new ideas in a higher education environment. There are many great things to know in life by pursuing higher education will expose you to many of them.

Both.
I think learning a skill and getting a degree from school are bwherewith it. One can sustain you in absence of the other. Not everyone gets a job right after school, I didn't get one immediately, so I relied on my skill for my feeding and other needs.
So the importance of one can not outweigh the other.

There is no substitute for higher education. You need skills to earn your living, however, you need the education to become a better human being. Actually, if you have attended higher education, you will already have the ability to earn better. Education is not just for earning a living, it is to become wiser and knowledgeable.

Yes you are right because they only practice theory's not practicals and they haven't been in the field like the ones who has the skills and without skills everything you know is useless because in anything you going to do in life skills matters alot and it's very important, for example I had skills on piggy 🐖 and chicken 🐔 because I practice it and I know everything about it so but my educational degree is not useless but better and best you have the skills

There is nothing wrong for you to do both of them as they're all good,i always advised people that are moving into the higher institution to have at least a skill before going to school because the skill you have now is the one that will generate a little amount of money for you while in the higher institution.

Both is important, sometimes I see it as, if you want to learn anything very well, you need education, you need the university general education. That university general education will aid you to learn fast in any skills or hand work you want to learn, it will put you ahead of others who just learn skills without the general education.

As much as skills acquisition is important, Higher education shouldn't be neglected. Even after acquiring skills, your education makes you stand out amongst others. There's no problem in gaining skills and having a degree, it's all about putting knowledge to use

I think someone should go for skills over higher education. Many jobs or business requires specific skills. It can be any kind of skill. In some country education system is getting old. By going for higher education we might can have a degree but in the practical work it will be difficult. Because you won't be able to understand unless you learn it practically .

Skills and higher education are both important, but in my country skills is better than higher education because after you graduated their won't be job opportunity and you will later have to learn a skill to survive.
It's true but education is still very important , I'll have you know that with the skills there are some places you won't be recognized because he/she doesn't have a degree.
I know someone who lost a contract because of this and he was highly recommended and competent for the job.

Most people say that the way the world is going, more emphasis will be placed on secular skills than on University degrees. But should this be the case? As important as skills are, should higher education be relegated to the background?
I need your opinions on this.
In my opinion i would go for acquiring skills other than higher education .
After acquiring skills you can do anything using the acquired skills and the good thing is that the skills will always be with you and can never be separated from you.
You can use the skills in running a business or doing something that can bring you money and later on you can go for education if need to

Education and skills are necessary so I dnt really see a reason to not engage in both. Eitherways if a choice between both must be made I think education should be considered above skills. Although they're both inseperable

Given the same elapsed time, a course of education will bring a greater depth of understanding than experience can provide. Thus experience may teach you that 'doing it that way does not work', but education gives you the theoretical knowledge and analytical skill to show why it does not work.

Nothing should stop you from acquiring skills, not even a higher education. I have seen university students, undergraduates and postgraduates adding value to themselves by learning one skill or the other.

I think both of them are extremely important without any form of doubt, but it also depends on your current financial and mental capacity if you have the capacity to go for higher education good and fine and if you have the capacity to learn a skill also good but I prefer you to the both.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back