What's new

Which should one go for: skills or higher education pursuit?

Jonaville

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Dec 23, 2020
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
Most people say that the way the world is going, more emphasis will be placed on secular skills than on University degrees. But should this be the case? As important as skills are, should higher education be relegated to the background?
I need your opinions on this.

Nothing should stop you from acquiring skills, not even a higher education. I have seen university students, undergraduates and postgraduates adding value to themselves by learning one skill or the other.

In my own opinion, both need to be gotten simultaneously.
Skill is good but may not push you higher than a certain level. But with university degree acquired with relevant skills, I bet you the sky is your starting point.

Both skills and higher educational level are important for each and every employees to possess, if a skilled man is not educated, his skills might be rendered useless sir to state of the business, I can only help such by telling him to further his education If he really wants to work

Skill and education perform different frunciotns. Education is good in order to apply the skill in a moderate and civilized way. Skill is also good because it fetches more money than education. That's my opinion.

I think both are really important in our generation today. Evidently from statistical records which shows that a huge number of Nigerian graduates are left jobless year after year and it's really increasing. But when you get a skill although it might be difficult at first to get consumers, with time you will be comfortably earning much on your own. Beside s, these days its has been proved that having a degree in a particular field doesn't make you an expert in that field.

Both skills and educational qualifications are very important, and the good news is that they can gotten simultaneously. Currently most organizations and recruitment agencies places more emphasis on educational qualifications, but anyone that has a relevant skill set already has an edge over other applicants. So if you have the opportunity to acquire both, just go for it.

Most people say that the way the world is going, more emphasis will be placed on secular skills than on University degrees. But should this be the case? As important as skills are, should higher education be relegated to the background?
Hmmmmmmm, my contribution to this is based on whatever you think is worthwhile for you according to your life plan, is what you should adopt. It is called "Axiology" which implies a theory of value, so therefore, what is hold worthwhile by you, may not be for me. Both both skill and higher education are important to human livelihood.

I will certain go for skills, though the two are a great combination, but if I have to choose right now, I will prefer skill. This is because, the richest people since beginning of the world are people of certain skill not people with high level of educational degrees

Well it depends on the field, as a doctor/surgeon you can't just pick up the skill or learn from someone you actually have to go to higher institution. Conventional education might seem unhelpful in modern society but it is still of great importance. Skill plus education is always the best.

I think the ultimate purpose of education is to develop capabilities in a person, if a person is educated but don't have any skills, he is use less.. But a uneducated person with skills can survive and is more demanding than only educated blank persons.

Higher education or degree shouldn't be relegated to the background just because of skills. If higher education is relegated to the background, can we learn some too professional course as a skill like medicine, pharmacy, engineering and so on. Both works together.ghe government just need to do more that's all.

Education and skills are inseparable. If you focus on just one thing, you will not succeed.Along with education, it is very important to have skills. To start any job or any business, it is very important to have skills, otherwise there is a risk of loss and there are very few chances of success.Education gives you the opportunity to hone your skills.

I think practical skills are more important. Whether you perform higher degree or training its just increasing your skills too. If I cannot do it then my certificate has no real value right ?

Both are the necessary components because skills make you capable to do something while higher education helps you to do it with greater ability.education helps you to learn diverse skills because you would have knowledge ablut it.

Education shouldn't be relegated to the ground but emphasis on skill acquisition and horning should be incorporated educational syllabus. The world now know the difference between academic excellence and skill, with skills contributing more to business growth and profit.

Acquiring skills is very important than acquiring higher education. Let's just imagine you acquired very high education with lower skills, it means it will take a very long time for you to get employment from any organization. And with that too, you don't have the opportunity to be an entrepreneur because you lack skills.

Education and skill are two sides of the same coin. To succeed in the race of life, a person need to have a degree of Educatuin along with the skill. Education without the skill would be as empty as the skill without the Education. Both need to go hand-in-hand in order to be the survival of the fittest. Edu, is nothing but the certified documentation of the skill within the individual. Every person having the skill may not manage to attain the Edu. Similarly, every degree holder is not necessarily skilled. The requirement of the Education or skill depends upon the organisation, the nature of post etc

Nothing must stop you from acquiring a lot of skills and higher educational qualification, combining both will expose you to a lot of business idea which makes it easier for you to start your own company.they both make you stand out among your competitor.

With the suitation and state of our country presently, it is noticed that people with good skills succeed more than some of people who pursue their higher institution. I mean more than graduates, if you have a very good skill it will be also a god idea to combine with good educational grade.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back