What's new

Which should one go for: skills or higher education pursuit?

Skills can be beneficial to one where job fails. The unemployment rate in the country is high. One can't keep depending on their certificate. Learning a skill will help you establish yourself to become your own boss so you can be independent. A skill casn fetch you enough income if you take it serious.

In my country, learning a skill has proven to be better than getting a degree but both can be gotten at the same time. You can choose to learn a skill when you are pursuing your academic degree

Skills and higher education are both important, but in my country skills is better than higher education because after you graduated their won't be job opportunity and you will later have to learn a skill to survive.

This system churns out thousands of graduates every single year, and almost all of these graduates have the same mindset of seeking and getting a job somewhere. Whether or not we accept it, the JOB MARKET is overcrowded and government won't give everyone a job. Actually every serious government should be more concerned with creating a supportive and enabling environment than creating jobs for its people.

Both skills and higher educational level are important for each and every employees to possess, if a skilled man is not educated, his skills might be rendered useless sir to state of the business, I can only help such by telling him to further his education If he really wants to work

Acquiring skills is very important than acquiring higher education. Let's just imagine you acquired very high education with lower skills, it means it will take a very long time for you to get employment from any organization. And with that too, you don't have the opportunity to be an entrepreneur because you lack skills.

My advice is to go for skills instead of higher education. In Nigeria, skills can put food on the table but your higher education certificate will be useless if you are not well connected to top class politician. Our leaders always preach that education is the key to success but after you get that education you will now realized that they have changed the padlock.

Being able to develop yourself is invaluable, and having a education helps you do that.
However, when you have a higher education, it generally equips you for better job security.

These two have their own unique advantages. When you achieve higher education, you have a title that you can use to quickly get into companies, often even the job will chase you because of your high education. Now with skills, you can easily and quickly adopt because it is natural for you. You also have the strategy and courage because you are confident that you can do something because you are skilled.

Education and skill are two sides of the same coin. To succeed in the race of life, a person need to have a degree of Educatuin along with the skill. Education without the skill would be as empty as the skill without the Education.

Situation determines what to be done.there persons who set goals and target but chances and luck never permits them.if you have the chance to pursue education, then make hay while the sun shines, and do so with all your might.and if the chances are not there, go for skills

Both is very good to go for but for the century that we are now which is 21st century I think going for skills will save you more in the future and will put food on your table than going for more higher education. I have seen a lot of graduate and undergraduate adding skills in other to help themselves after school.

You can pursue both, study while learning and discovering your skills. In that, you benefits from both of them. Skills can be acquired anywhere while diploma is not, most of the company look at the education before the skills that you can perform.

Both higher education and skills acquisition is very important. That is why in Nigeria, the universities have deemed it fit to inculcate Entrepreneurship studies in their curriculum. When you have your higher education, it will open your eyes as to how you can be better ready for your business

The skill and the educated are the same, but for me, even if you have the skill or the educated if you do not have a strategy in life, there are not many who have done it but they did not use their course because they do not have a strategy on how to do the they studied

This question on whether you should acquire more skills or go for higher education actuall depends on the person in question, it depends on what the person wants and his or her vision. I'd personall advise you go and acquire more skills because thay is what I would do if I were to choose among the two

I believe skill is the best option to go for. This is an era where your skill sell you out. Have skill means being creative, and creativity they is the key to success. As far as you can read and write and also speak fluently then youbare good to go.

Most people say that the way the world is going, more emphasis will be placed on secular skills than on University degrees. But should this be the case? As important as skills are, should higher education be relegated to the background?
I need your opinions on this.
Emphasis shouldn't be placed on secular skills over formal education but the reality of what we have in our present day reality is that graduates in most country couldn't secure a job and they have no technical skills for fall back on as an alternative when certificate fails them due to poor government policies here and there.
As important as skills acquisition is, Formal education shouldn't be relegated to the background rather they should go hand in hand. The result of combining the two will increase the chance of such person in getting a job later in future or creating job

Both works hand in hand, skills without education at some point is very useless, because if you have skills only and you get a contracts in a big company they will still ask if you have a degree and that alone can disqualify you because most of your competition might have both. While education is good you need skills also to back it up, imagine graduating from school and applying for a job, and after the interview you were told to come for physical test so they can know what you capable of and you get there and couldn't do anything, instantly they will doubt you and not give you the job. So both skill and degree go hand in hand.

Most people say that the way the world is going, more emphasis will be placed on secular skills than on University degrees. But should this be the case? As important as skills are, should higher education be relegated to the background?
I need your opinions on this.
What then is the essence of education? If not to equipped the learner withe necessarily skills are capacity to contribute his/her part to the larger society.
In this regard, education itself is a form of skills and should not be seen otherwise... Skills to design a house as does the architect...skill to treat a patient as does the doctor

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back