When the Site Has to Shut Down

jyy

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Jul 11, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Tragedies happen. Maybe your computer is stolen or damaged. Maybe you get thrown in jail or get in some accident where you have to be hospitalized. In that case, what about the site? How would you prepare?

Well, one way is to have a partner to keep things going when things go bad. However, though, some might also want to prepare in case there isn't even any money to keep going. Any ideas?

I think having a partner for your site is a very good idea but you need someone you can trust to not totally steal your database that you've built up. I have a friend I trust with my site because he's a good Christian and I can contact his sisters if he does me wrong and they'll handle the situation for me!

There are some sites that can continue on their own for a couple weeks or months without intervention so it's not huge to worry about if you did have some sort of emergency happen.

Reactions: jyy
I think it depends really. I do know some hosts do have policies that allow you to to appoint someone to take over the acount, if something major happens. Though, I personally do not know many that would take over, and not do anything to the site, if I were hospitalized for a lengthy period of time.

It is a hard way to prepare for because you never really want to hire someone else to partner up with in case you die or can't access your forum again. I've never really thought about it but I guess it is not a huge issue for me as I have a partner for my current forum. Although there might be some hosting issues as they don't have access to that and if something were to happen to me, a lot would be lost.

Circumstances would have to be pretty dire to have a total loss of access to your site.. In which case it's most likely that several other things would take priority, although I guess it depends on how active and/or successful the site is.

It is always necessary to have a plan B. In my case the required keys are in the hands of a trusted family member with little technical knowledge, but with enough wisdom to rescue the site and put it in specialized hands, supervising everything
If you don't have that trustworthy person, then you are in real trouble.

I usually have more than one person, having complete access for a website.
If something goes wrong with me, then the website will continue to exist without me. I usually purchase more than 3 years of hosting and I always set everything to auto-renewal with my personal account.

Other staff usually wouldn't have to pay anything, even if something happens to me. To be honest, I try not to think about such stuff in general.

You can not run the website alone there's a lots of things you have to manage. Making new content, updating website, managing new entry on database, Ban users and customer support. You can not handle all of them at once.
I am running a website with my team and whenever i go somewhere they care of my site behalf me.

Tragedies happen. Maybe your computer is stolen or damaged. Maybe you get thrown in jail or get in some accident where you have to be hospitalized. In that case, what about the site? How would you prepare?

Well, one way is to have a partner to keep things going when things go bad. However, though, some might also want to prepare in case there isn't even any money to keep going. Any ideas?
Buy a hosting and domain for long term, and this will solve your issues and it will be taken care of by the hosting team.

You always have to prepare for bad times because at a certain point they will come. That's why its good to have a back up plan, in case something goes wrong. Have a friend that can take over the business or the website you are running so that all your efforts put in are not going to waste

Tragedies really happen and I agree that it is best when you are prepared. In this case, you should have a partner or a friend who knows your website well so they can run it in your absence. This should be someone you really trust and is capable of continuing with your work well. Because in some tragedies, you will be away then come back. You wouldn't want to come back to a ruined website.

It is quite difficult to think about these things but it is also a sign of being responsible to make sure that things don't collapse when unavoidably absent.

I think having a partner for your site is a very good idea but you need someone you can trust to not totally steal your database that you've built up. I have a friend I trust with my site because he's a good Christian and I can contact his sisters if he does me wrong and they'll handle the situation for me!

There are some sites that can continue on their own for a couple weeks or months without intervention so it's not huge to worry about if you did have some sort of emergency happen.
Agree with you . My friend saved me several times from this kind of troubles

The time to shut down a Website may vary for different reasons, one maybe the aim of the websites has been met or the owner of the website encountered a setback. Different reasons really.

Tragedies really happen and I agree that it is best when you are prepared. In this case, you should have a partner or a friend who knows your website well so they can run it in your absence. This should be someone you really trust and is capable of continuing with your work well. Because in some tragedies, you will be away then come back. You wouldn't want to come back to a ruined website.
Yeah while tragedy may be the Reason, it's just one of the reasons. The aim of the website may have been met and decided to close down. Or the owner moved to a much better website

You always have to prepare for bad times because at a certain point they will come. That's why its good to have a back up plan, in case something goes wrong. Have a friend that can take over the business or the website you are running so that all your efforts put in are not going to waste
Bad things happening to the owner of the website is just one of the reasons why they may decided to close down a website, it may be the target of the website have been met!

Hopefully, nothing will happen to me, I always thought about what would happen. One day I might get killed by a car that runs me over or gets bombed in public. Anything can happen, Right?

No matter what you have running it can be lost. Steam account or even banks account. If I go then the site will expire and gets shutdown with me. No partner and no other people to look back too. Most web hosters won't care anyway as long as they have their money. It's hard to say but I'm alone and single it be hard.

This is one of the major reason why as a blogger and webmaster you need to have a backup for your data's. If you think the hosting you're using isn't reliable you need to have a back up plan and in the case where by your system got damaged another good way again is to have a data plan where all your files will be stored aside your system.

If you mean site is forum that pays posters then it is considered an informal business. I don't think there is a forum owner that would prepare the site when he is gone, that is quite preposterous, pardon the word. Usually when the site cannot pay the workers (or user or members) then it is time to close down. As freelancers like me would say, paid forums come and go so we should get used to not being paid for our last withdrawal.

That is a great opinion. Having someone with you that can manage everything during your absence is for the best. But be sure that you can trust the person. Don't make a mistake of entrusting it to some one that will destroy all your work.

There is nothing that has a positive that no has a negative side. Therefore, it's not so bad to have a partner in your site but do not trust anyone, you are the one that will always be at alert every time for negative time because there's no how it won't come.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back