What's new

When Staff Become Disgruntled

When a staff is dis gruntled what I think the manager should do is tool call the staff and give the staff a serious warning if the staff is consistent then the staff should be sack
Post automatically merged:

You mentioned that terminating a distributled staff satisfing is the best option, what if the said staff is the best staff among others who has been doing everything possible to ensure his or her task is well done, will you still terminate the contract..?
Truely determinating the staff appointment is the best because if you don't other staff might start behaving in that manner,if you don't then he will have l he is too important

Any business organisation who really values your services will always try as much as possible to retain you... When a business organisation does not really care I think it is the best that you look for another employment

I think for the aspect of having someone replace them for a specific period of time, I believe this is where most companies make use of contract staffs right?
Not necessarily hiring a contract staff as it will increase the wage burden. You can instruct another employee to fill in for the person till he or she is back. But if the business has the resources, it can still hire a contract staff.

Not necessarily hiring a contract staff as it will increase the wage burden. You can instruct another employee to fill in for the person till he or she is back. But if the business has the resources, it can still hire a contract staff.
Oh now I understand, but in a situation where you instruct another employee to do that job, won't you have to pay extra in terms of salary?

Staff are an important force in every organization, they represent what the business stands for and can contribute to the growth or downfall of the organization

Overtime staff can become disgruntled due to several reasons such as:

1. Low pay

2. Lack of motivation

3. External factors (Personal issues)

4. Not meeting sales targets

5. Disliking the Boss

6. Disliking colleagues

As the manager, it is imperative to notice signs of dissatisfaction in staff and resolve the issues by:

1. Calling up the staff and enquiring why they are unhappy.

2. Organising staff training.

3. Having adequate employees benefit such as health care plans

2. Giving bonuses or rewards for their efforts where necessary.

3. Resolving staff disputes and creating a healthy working environment.

4. Knowing when to let go, after all has been said and done , terminating a disgruntled staff's appointment may be the best option.
I think you have said it all.. Once every neccessary steps to satisfy a disgruntled staffs as you stated above is done and the staff is still not satisfied. The best thing is to terminate his or appointment.

Another way to ensure that staff don't feel disgruntled is to become a part of their everyday life. Once you are concerned with things that are affecting them and provide advise, solutions, they'll always want to give their best.

There may be many reasons why employees feel disgruntled and it is the duty of a manager to know how to stop this on time. The continuous disgruntling can have negative effects on the performance of the employees and even the level of production of the organization in general.

This topic is so pertinent that we don't have to underestimate it at all. Some workers aren't happy at all at their working place. This is the major reason they constantly seek for a greener pastures, not just because of the payment only but due to some reasons.

Oh now I understand, but in a situation where you instruct another employee to do that job, won't you have to pay extra in terms of salary?
Well, it depends on the agreement you make with the employee. But in fairness, such an employee deserves additional pay or compensation in lieu with the increased workload he now has.

Staff are an important force in every organization, they represent what the business stands for and can contribute to the growth or downfall of the organization

Overtime staff can become disgruntled due to several reasons such as:

1. Low pay

2. Lack of motivation

3. External factors (Personal issues)

4. Not meeting sales targets

5. Disliking the Boss

6. Disliking colleagues

As the manager, it is imperative to notice signs of dissatisfaction in staff and resolve the issues by:

1. Calling up the staff and enquiring why they are unhappy.

2. Organising staff training.

3. Having adequate employees benefit such as health care plans

2. Giving bonuses or rewards for their efforts where necessary.

3. Resolving staff disputes and creating a healthy working environment.

4. Knowing when to let go, after all has been said and done , terminating a disgruntled staff's appointment may be the best option.
Staffs are the source of everything a company stands for and they can be disgruntled when the boss boss not doing well and might turned to hatred, and also if they hate their collegues ,or when the salary is not enough,

Well, it depends on the agreement you make with the employee. But in fairness, such an employee deserves additional pay or compensation in lieu with the increased workload he now has.
Yes I also believe this is the right thing to do even without an agreement. But some employers abuse their positions especially in a situation where the employees do not know their rights.

Yes I also believe this is the right thing to do even without an agreement. But some employers abuse their positions especially in a situation where the employees do not know their rights.
I have heard of cases whereby some business owners force extra workload in their staff. They usually direct staff to do certain tasks outside their job description.

I have heard of cases whereby some business owners force extra workload in their staff. They usually direct staff to do certain tasks outside their job description.
That's just total abuse of power. I have a relative who works for a school as a teacher, yet she travels to the state capital to submit files and carry other documents. This was not part of her job discription and she was not even paid extra. We had to stop her from working there.

That's just total abuse of power. I have a relative who works for a school as a teacher, yet she travels to the state capital to submit files and carry other documents. This was not part of her job discription and she was not even paid extra. We had to stop her from working there.
That is just one of the numerous cases of managers tasking employees on jobs that were originally not included in their terms of employment. Most employees do not even oppose or speak up for fear of losing their jobs.

That is just one of the numerous cases of managers tasking employees on jobs that were originally not included in their terms of employment. Most employees do not even oppose or speak up for fear of losing their jobs.
Yes they fear because they do not know their rights. In a more developed country, there are laws put in place to prevent employers from taking advantage of employees. It's a pity we don't have these here.

Making staffs that are distgrunted happy is the best solution to this issue, increase their pay when needs be, call them and ask their opinion whenever you feel they looks like you don't value them, give them bonus to encourage them.
It's very important to always keep your staff happy because it's going to give them more commitment to work for you with all their heart and dedication to the job.

This topic is very interesting, this are the basic things that made staff to be unhappy,dissatisfied and frustrated, as manager,in other to make them happy you have to organize staff training and be giving them bonuses.

Well said, as I often say, consumers and employees in particular are the engine of any firm, and how one treats his employees has an impact on the entire yield of the organization.

Yes they fear because they do not know their rights. In a more developed country, there are laws put in place to prevent employers from taking advantage of employees. It's a pity we don't have these here.
I am sure we do but there is no sensitisation of workers about it. I am sure we have trade and workers union whose duty is to ensure the welfare and protect the interests of workers.

I am sure we do but there is no sensitisation of workers about it. I am sure we have trade and workers union whose duty is to ensure the welfare and protect the interests of workers.
You are probably right though but like almost everything, they are not even even functioning and most workers do not even know they have such right. What do you think needs to be done to create more awareness on this?

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back