What's new

Nigeria to suspend Twitter 'indefinitely'

When I first got the news, I had to wake in this midnight to confirm if they meant it. And I was not disappointed in my government. They are quick to ban anything useful to the citizens. Soon, they will ask us to stop using our cell phones because they are used for things unknown to them.

I pray that the government of Nigeria should lift the suspension on twitter. Because I use twitter for many things most especially I use it to claim airdrops

Lol, that's exactly what they do. They're only concerned when it affects them through the stealing they are used to. They do everything at their reach to rescue that which belongs to them that's all.
I don't even know, does it really mean that there is no genuine politician in this country ? because it seems like all politician in the country are all corrupt including most pastors and the imam.

This will be the stupid action a government will take when there is no work for people to do and you are even trying to block the other ways they earn their living.
We are lacking many things the government are suppose to-dofor us as a citizen, and they are taking away one of the special things that is making the citizen happy just because of their selfish interest .

I pray that the government of Nigeria should lift the suspension on twitter. Because I use twitter for many things most especially I use it to claim airdrops
Maybe you have to shift to another social media while Twitter is suspended. You cannot force the government to do what you want. All we can do is to abide and to find a way on how to override the problem. Maybe Facebook will do the job for you.

My country is so funny because they banned twitter but rather still pass information through that platform to people and expect people to back off that platform truly Nigeria is a very funny country because the way we do certain things atmes can be very funny.

Funny government, they don't know what's wrong with them, my country have some many problems but the decide to ban twitter, maybe they think news spread more via twitter
Of course funny as you said most at times i wonder how this country will be they just keep banning anything that benefit people directly.

Nigeria is in a state of shamble. When the president go against the rules and regulations of the social media, it calls for regulatory action. The presidency thinks it's a lawless social media like the way the run Nigeria. They see lawlessness as a normal way of life.

That is right. We must pray that the government of Nigeria will lift the suspension on Twitter. It's good to know that you use it to claim airdrops.

My country is so funny because they banned twitter but rather still pass information through that platform to people and expect people to back off that platform truly Nigeria is a very funny country because the way we do certain things atmes can be very funny.
Lolz, are you really sure that they actually passed the information to a lot of people through Twitter, if this is so then they are not really serious in what they are doing and this is how they keep on disgracing themselves.

The ban on Twitter by the Government of Nigerla is a very good decision, I am a Nigerlan and proud to be one , we have leadership challenges that has been in existence for longer time , every country is corrupt but Nigeria government present and the past have not been able to minimize the corruption to an insignificant level. The office of the president in every nation comes with utmost respect and regards which Twitter failed to understand and Nigeria with huge population on Twitter is a force so the government needed to make Twitter understand that fact. I am very optimistic Twitter will come to terms and the ban will be lifted.

You won't expect Nigerians whose businesses and livelihood are conducted via Twitter to just sit down and say they'll I ey such laws. It just sucks. When an official of the government is banned for something, the foolish thing the government can come up with isnto makenits citizens suffer for it

Yeah, it came almost as a shock to me but I wouldn't say that I was surprised because it's not the worst thing our government has done to we the citizens so far. Let's just hope a new leader with some respect to human rights and resources shows up.

Maybe you have to shift to another social media while Twitter is suspended. You cannot force the government to do what you want. All we can do is to abide and to find a way on how to override the problem. Maybe Facebook will do the job for you.
There are some things that I do on twitter but can not be done on facebook or other social media. Most of the airdrops that I do join always require that I follow them on twitter.

I don't even know, does it really mean that there is no genuine politician in this country ? because it seems like all politician in the country are all corrupt including most pastors and the imam.
Don't go into the pastors and imam. Let's talk about only our country's politicians only dear. I'll simply say all is corrupt cos no one is showing any good example.

Don't go into the pastors and imam. Let's talk about only our country's politicians only dear. I'll simply say all is corrupt cos no one is showing any good example.
Well that's true, none of them are willing to lead the people as the ought to do, well I wonder why you are so afraid to speak about Most of the corrupt religious leaders

I have also noticed that many governments also try to ban VPN websites and all the links that promote VPN. They also try to ban VPN available on playstore. The main aim here is to stop people from using VPN so that they may not access websites that are banned by the government.
The government can only try to ban Twitter but it never worked 100% for them the way they thought it would have worked. They will have to dialogue with stakeholders to know the way forward on the issue.

Even after they are suspended Twitter a lot of us over here are still using it most of the time to do most of their business, they were just trying to play around with the interest of the masses.

The government can only try to ban Twitter but it never worked 100% for them the way they thought it would have worked. They will have to dialogue with stakeholders to know the way forward on the issue.

I am sure the government can try to ban whatever they want to but they will never achieve a 100 percent success with that. In order to stop people from visiting websites, they even try to ban websites that offer free VPN downloads.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back