What's new

Nigeria to suspend Twitter 'indefinitely'

• Thread starter Deleted member 403
  • Start date
This is what will always happen when we decided to put a round peg in a square hole. Those who are at the government does know the power of internet and social media. They think they can fight it but they don't know that they are going to get exhausted in the process. Truly they ban Twitter in my country but people are still accessing it everyday.
I have always maintained the fact that the current Federal Government of Nigeria are just so clueless about mostly the economy of the country and the security of the country as all the policies that they have been bringing up as always been rubbish because they do not even understand how the economy works who stop all they are focusing their attention on his fighting corruption which is not a priority for now as the economy of the country is just so down.

If they also restrict VPN services , it will be very challenging to many people especially those who want to use the service for their business . Presently some of us do our promotion through Twitter.
How will it be possible restricting vpn services? Vpns are used in high tech countries like China where major social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are banned. Theirs was to promote local alternatives though.

Twitter has been the source of income and the lifeline of some people in nigeria, so the indefinite ban on Twitter by the Nigerian government has blocked and ruined the lifeline of some citizen.

Well, Nigeria is not the only country that has problems with social media network. Even my country was also deciding to ban certain social media platforms a few months ago or I think one year ago. Whenever they think that social media is being used for propaganda, they ban it.

How will it be possible restricting vpn services? Vpns are used in high tech countries like China where major social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are banned. Theirs was to promote local alternatives though.
Yeah, there is no way a govt can ban VPN as it is done in some other countries. Like, if I am in UK and want to have a Server from China, I can easily get a server from there. Govt of UK can't go and ban servers of China.

Well, Nigeria is not the only country that has problems with social media network. Even my country was also deciding to ban certain social media platforms a few months ago or I think one year ago. Whenever they think that social media is being used for propaganda, they ban it.
What's the name of your country that also has a problem with Twitter, I was even meaning to ask if the government has the right to put a ban to a social media network .

What's the name of your country that also has a problem with Twitter, I was even meaning to ask if the government has the right to put a ban to a social media network .

My country does not have problem with Twitter at all. Right now, no social media platform is banned by my country. However, some time ago, they were planning to ban Youtube.

This will be the stupid action a government will take when there is no work for people to do and you are even trying to block the other ways they earn their living.

If I am to have access to Twitter i will used VPN to access it but I rarely use Twitter, anyone that are interested can also use it as well .at least the government doesn't ban the use of VPN for any legal activities.
VPN is anonymous, you can't ban it cos its not a particular VPN, one is using dear. VPN have helped us to access what our country didn't get right.

Misplaced priority, there are a lot of things that is affecting the economy of the country such as insecurities, unemployment and high rate of criminals. the government doesn't tackle that one but they are trying to bann Twitter.

It has been a long time now since the social media Network was banned in Nigeria. This has not been good though because many businesses were actually affected.

Clueless bunch of you ask me, being a Nigerian at this time is sad, because with the way things are going now things might get out of hand if proper care is not taken
This has been one of the most challenging team online especially in Nigeria for the past few months now because the government are planning to ban Twitter.

VPN is anonymous, you can't ban it cos its not a particular VPN, one is using dear. VPN have helped us to access what our country didn't get right.
Only use VPN to access Twitter when I see the need for it and that's the only thing I use it for, I don't like the VPN because it is not really necessary as most of the things I am doing I can run it without VPN

It's really a bad thing to see that the government of nigeria are trying to silence the voice of their citizens through the ban of different social media platform. I think they just need to follow the rules of the platform that's all

The Nigeria government behaves like jesters sometimes, who would have blamed them when most of those in power are all old and live in the past. They ban cryptocurrencies but people still use cryptocurrencies now twitter. There are many important issues they are supposed to attend to which they neglected but they have the strength to ban twitter that people still find a way around it
It's so sad that the Nigerian government is suspending Twitter. What is wrong with Twitter that the Nigerian government is banning it? I smell something fishy over this situation. Why should they do it? Can they just simply delete their account and not ban the social media site that brings us news and information.

Yeah, there is no way a govt can ban VPN as it is done in some other countries. Like, if I am in UK and want to have a Server from China, I can easily get a server from there. Govt of UK can't go and ban servers of China.
Yes,that's why it'll be difficult for them to regulate social media in Nigeria. Youths find solace and expression in social media. It's also a way to push our businesses and become self sufficient.

This will be the stupid action a government will take when there is no work for people to do and you are even trying to block the other ways they earn their living.
This government does not care for its citizens and so I do not expect anything less from them because they do not know anything about the economy of a country and how to run it.

It's so sad that the Nigerian government is suspending Twitter. What is wrong with Twitter that the Nigerian government is banning it? I smell something fishy over this situation. Why should they do it? Can they just simply delete their account and not ban the social media site that brings us news and information.
There are so many things that are wrong with the present administration in which the Twitter ban only explained it in a simple way. The government are just clueless on how to handle issues.

I have also noticed that many governments also try to ban VPN websites and all the links that promote VPN. They also try to ban VPN available on playstore. The main aim here is to stop people from using VPN so that they may not access websites that are banned by the government.

I have also noticed that many governments also try to ban VPN websites and all the links that promote VPN. They also try to ban VPN available on playstore. The main aim here is to stop people from using VPN so that they may not access websites that are banned by the government.
Its not going to work dear, some VPNs are not even displayed on the Google play app, they're purchased anonymously, and it is hard to track down.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back