What's new

Know of any cases of favoritism from someone in authority?

Joshua Farrell

Stargate SG1 Fan
Staff member
Administrative Team
Valued Contributor
VIP Member
5000+ Posts Club
Jul 20, 2016
USD
$2.0675USD
Biznotes
Have you, or anyone you know, been in a position where a friend or relative of someone in authority has been chosen instead?

Have you ever considered advertising here in my signature? This Text Ad Location and the above Graphic Ad Location is available to advertise in.
It happened in my place of work and that action almost affect the schools. The school have been using a good and effective software to do lots of things like: giving the students assignment, send information to their parents and the most important ones collate and compile the result of students.

All of the sudden the management stopped using the software company saying their son has produced a good software that can do the job. All advise to first of test run her son software before using went to deaf ears.

Her son was giving the contracts and he couldn't not deliver, parents were worried because they could not access their children result as before, even teacher don't even understand or cannot negative the app. She was forced to call back the former software company but this time he had to pay more for the services.

It happens almost everywhere now that it is now seen as being normal when it shouldn't be so.most of these people taken are not qualified leaving the qualified ones with nothing

Favoritism is common everywhere in my country, even during my school days this that had connections or had so money to give the attendants were always attended to whenever we were registering for something, it now a common practice we can only hope that this will be stopped.

This is not a new thing to be happening as it is seen to be happening on a frequent basis with employment and appointment of persons into offices in my country. It is mostly about who you know that gets you to have that job or appointment here

Have you, or anyone you know, been in a position where a friend or relative of someone in authority has been chosen instead?
Yes.
I have knowledge of one in an organisation I worked before.
The manager employed more people from her denomination, even when they did not even have qualification for the job.

It's very common in my country, and it's something we survive on. Most times, for one to gain access into some certain organizations, you must know someone who works there or has influence there. Even, in the hospital, to get treated quickly, you must know a doctor or two who works there. In banks, you must be a friend to the teller or any of the workers there, before you can be attended to quickly. It's our way of life over here

Yes, I've experienced it countless time. One last organization I offered my services, the director employed people mostly from his tribe and gave them preferential treatment.

Folavouritism is almost everywhere most especially in the government organisation most of our government official are In the habit of practising favouritism in terms of meeting to the needs of the people and i terms of jobs opportunities.

Favouritism is always common in most companies. Both for hiring new employees and how you treat existing ones. I was once work in a flower company where the manager would favouritism only to beautiful ladies in the company.

So many cases about favouritism in my country within the political class and I wish it could be stopped within them. They only dim it fit to fix their friends and families in a position where they don't even qualify for, thereby leaving the qualified ones helpless. It really sucks.

this is happening all-over every where , many people see it as a normality ,yes I have ever came across something similar to it , it was a job interview , i have all the necessary information they need but they took someone in place of me who is not even qualified ,that unfair attitude it happens all over

There is a friend of mine who's worked for a lady for more than 6 years only to have herself replaced by her boss's sister immediately she graduated from the university.

It happens unfortunately here in my country a whole lot - everyone wants to position their own person first before even thinking of others who might be even more qualified than their own family.
It's so sad that selfishness has eaten so deep into our today's world

So many cases about favouritism in my country within the political class and I wish it could be stopped within them. They only dim it fit to fix their friends and families in a position where they don't even qualify for, thereby leaving the qualified ones helpless. It really sucks.

There is my friend who is a politician and he's supposed to be the one representing in his grassroots but he was replaced by the political cabals with someone who just came back from UK above of him. It was so sad.

Yes I know of such cases of favouritism in my country. When a particular minister was appointed she included her daughter amongst her special advisers,even though her daughter was working in one of the government agencies.

Yes I know of such cases of favouritism in my country. When a particular minister was appointed she included her daughter amongst her special advisers,even though her daughter was working in one of the government agencies.
Imagine turning a public politics of the country into a family business. It's how bad most politicians turn out to be lately especially in the developing countries.

Yes. I know of someone that has completed the military training to the medical stage,that is the last stage and has qualified, but only for his name not to be shortlisted and now someone else from nowhere replaced him.

You wouldn't believe this but recently prime minister of our country made someone a minister just because this guy was a business partner of prime minister's wife.

This is common in almost all the countries but I won't blame them because if I am in their shoes as well, I may consider my family first before any other person. But it doesn't mean it is a good thing.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back