What's new

Know of any cases of favoritism from someone in authority?

During my service year, I came across a colleague who was our zonal coordinator at that moment. When it was time to appoint someone else to take over his position, he gave it to someone that was not part of our group and was not even present in meetings simply because they where of the same tribe and from the same state.

Favouritism is common in all companies today mostly in government organization, because most time for people to have access you must have someone.

Have you, or anyone you know, been in a position where a friend or relative of someone in authority has been chosen instead?

Favoritism is a very common problem in my country. This is because most of the government officials in my country consists of corrupt people who prefer their own people over others. This is a common problem in government organizations.

I do not see any wrong in favoritism as long as the worker or employee is skilled and has relevant knowledge and skills. The problem is when someone is hired just because he happens to be a relative of the manager.

Truely in this our country once a new person is put into power,he removes the people who has position and fix in new people that are mostly from his communities.

Favouritism is rampant in my country especially if you have holding a key political seat, the favour their families and friends in what is meant for the public

This is common in almost all the countries but I won't blame them because if I am in their shoes as well, I may consider my family first before any other person. But it doesn't mean it is a good thing.
I understand your point, but it is bad when the person or family member you are bringing in isn't qualified or can't do the job. You are effectively taking the job from someone qualified.

Favoritism happens almost in every sector of society. How can we explain the impacts of connections? They say to stay connected, you need to be connected to those that are connected. School admission is such an example

It happened in my place of work and that action almost affect the schools. The school have been using a good and effective software to do lots of things like: giving the students assignment, send information to their parents and the most important ones collate and compile the result of students.

All of the sudden the management stopped using the software company saying their son has produced a good software that can do the job. All advise to first of test run her son software before using went to deaf ears.

Her son was giving the contracts and he couldn't not deliver, parents were worried because they could not access their children result as before, even teacher don't even understand or cannot negative the app. She was forced to call back the former software company but this time he had to pay more for the services.
Yes I agreed too you are right.
Post automatically merged:

Favoritism happens almost in every sector of society. How can we explain the impacts of connections? They say to stay connected, you need to be connected to those that are connected. School admission is such an example
But favouritism always not gives good results some times it make bad notions for those and grouping affect the person who are no in good ones

I have been experiencing things like this on almost a daily basis. This is why it is very difficult for somebody to be able to secure a job because they are always corrupt people that the reserve places for their children and relations.

It happened in my place of work and that action almost affect the schools. The school have been using a good and effective software to do lots of things like: giving the students assignment, send information to their parents and the most important ones collate and compile the result of students.

All of the sudden the management stopped using the software company saying their son has produced a good software that can do the job. All advise to first of test run her son software before using went to deaf ears.

Her son was giving the contracts and he couldn't not deliver, parents were worried because they could not access their children result as before, even teacher don't even understand or cannot negative the app. She was forced to call back the former software company but this time he had to pay more for the services.

I think favoritism is found in almost all kind of workplaces except a few where the company changes employees all the time. When the company changes employees regularly in a short period of time, the employees have a harder time becoming "favorite".

Yes, i've been in such situation. It happened when i was seeking admission into the university. A friend i scored higher than gained admission because she knew someone close to the vice chancellor and i didn't.

This is largely practice over here.. sometimes you may not really know about it but it is being done secretly and some people that they are being favoured do not like to expose it. . it because they know what they are doing.

A friend of mine told me that her boss started being bias towards other staff members when she started having an affair with one of the workers and she couldn't even hide it.

My wife was complaining to me about the favoritism in their office when she was a supervisor. Their boss is biased to the guys, particularly to the handsome guys in their department. Oh well, we already know the reason why so I tried my best to pacify my wife and to just ignore what she sees.

I don't know for sure but I have suspected it before. I used to work in a field where it was difficult to score a job because the market was quite saturated, and I've heard of instances where people got in purely through their connections.

Favoritism is common everywhere in my country, even during my school days this that had connections or had so money to give the attendants were always attended to whenever we were registering for something, it now a common practice we can only hope that this will be stopped.
Seriously my country right now it is always very difficult for you to secure any federal job without any kind of favoritism or connection from those in higher officers that will help to lobby the job for you.

This is not a new thing to be happening as it is seen to be happening on a frequent basis with employment and appointment of persons into offices in my country. It is mostly about who you know that gets you to have that job or appointment here

Favoritism is often found in government jobs. The senior officer might prefer some people over the other and this is a commonly found thing in the government job sector due to corruption.

Favouritism has affected many people, it can happen anywhere, I have seen when a student gets higher marks both in test and exams just because she was dating the lecturer.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back