What's new

Is it illegal to do jobs writing academic work for others?

I don't regard it as illegal as a great deal of people make living writing for others. This act is just disregarded by schools because it will prevent students who have really put their best into writing from getting the best they serve.

By law it is not legal because it is not termed plagiarism. But in actual sense, it is wrong because the original owner may not be able to defend what is written in the project. If it is detected, the culprit may even be denied of his academic grade.

In my current country, it depends on what kind of writing we mean: it would be illegal to do all written job, including the ideas, as the student wouldn't learn anything. It's perfectly legal to correct grammar, orthography, syntax (until the degree is not Faculty of Literature or Literature PhD :ROFLMAO: ) and formatting. As formatting constitutes the 60% of the job and most of the time a working student has not any free time to cope with formatting issues.

It's technically not illegal to do, but it is frowned upon by colleges and universities, because someone other than the person handing it in, did the work for the person. I think for any college, if they knew the work was paid for, they may disqualify the person's work.

It is wrong and I consider it illegal, If caught it could land you in jail over here in my country Nigeria most especially when you are writing exams in the place of someone why they are at home relaxing. It is very wrong in every way.

While local universities obviously prohibit academic cheating, there is no law prohibiting Kenyans from engaging in the practice for students in other countries. ... Thereafter one can own an academic writing account. Widespread practice. Mutua described the practice among his peers as widespread.
High school and college students seek professional help for essay writing and other types of academic papers. Paying someone else to write your essay is a form of plagiarism and cheating. ... However, it is not illegal to hire someone to write your essay online.

I've never done this, nor do I intend to, but is it illegal for people to do jobs where they do write for their academic work? Such as a school paper, a report, etc. I know it's forbidden on most sites and freelance services. But is this something that pays well? I am by no means an academic, I'm just curious.
Well, most educational institutions don't allow such behavior from their students and that is where the problem always lie. But also taking into consideration simple logarithms, it's not right because a lecturer cannot waste his precious time and come to hall and lecture but yet you still can't study what he taught you.

I think it's necessary to distinguish between writing an academic job for third parts and to cheat during exams. This latter leads to disqualification (less than during corrupted exams, where the same professors decide in advance who must pass and who won't -this is a plague, a malpractice of my former country-). The first point, writing an academic job, but not during an exam, I agree it must be legal until the ideas come from the student and depending on the nature of the degree. Few days ago i read the testimony of a postgraduate student who isn't able to write down the dissertation because she must work to maintain family and she has a little baby to care of too. Brazilian goverment dispensed postgraduate students from dissertation time ago, but that specific university continue requiring dissertation from postgraduates. In this case, this student really need an academic writing services, until she puts down her own ideas.

Well for me I don't think so oo
Technically you're assisting the person
It's reasonable
Post automatically merged:

Well for me I don't think so oo
Technically you're assisting the person
It's reasonable

If you have the skills to go this I don't think it's actually illegal to do. The only thing here is that the work shouldn't be in copy and paste form and you also need to include proper reference to your work to show that it is not from you. I think with this setup you are good to go

Its not illegal but still it's not a good idea especially for the person/student hiring the contractor. It won't give room for self development to the student. But sadly, people find themselves in places where they are really not happy at or where they don't have passion to be. Hence, don't have passion for what they do and tend to be involved in such.

Secondary school and undergrads look for proficient assistance for article composing and different sorts of scholarly papers. Paying another person to compose your exposition is a type of literary theft and cheating. ... Nonetheless, it isn't unlawful to enlist somebody to compose your exposition on the web.

I've never done this, nor do I intend to, but is it illegal for people to do jobs where they do write for their academic work? Such as a school paper, a report, etc. I know it's forbidden on most sites and freelance services. But is this something that pays well? I am by no means an academic, I'm just curious.
Depending upon situation it is not illegal if you are helping to learn someone in his project or assignment but if a person saying you that he is unable to do a work and you will do this for him and he will submit this work with his own name then it is illegal.

I don't think it is if I am being honest. Plagiarism is. In as much as it is not an examination. But you can write seminar papers, term papers, project papers and all but supervisors would definitely not want it. They want you to do it yourself. But I don't think it's illegal.

Whatever you do or someone else did for you that you cannot come openly and say it without being afraid of the consequence is illegal. Many people are writing thesis for graduate or undergraduate students and making money from it but my question is, even if you have the posterity to say it openly can the beneficiary do? It's just that the bad system has made us legalize some things but that doesn't make it right.

Getting a job that requires you to write for academic work is really great but I think it's illegal in some countries because it's may encourage students to be lazy since they it's allowed to hire someone to write your test or reports for you.

Soon I'll do another academic job for my long-term university student I'm tutoring. She can't cope with all the aspects of academic jobs. She works 11 hours per day to a chemist's and she doesn' have family members to help her with domestic chores. So she has 2 options: asking for help with her dissertation or to attend university one year more (the second option is terribly expensive, as she couldn't get into a public university).

Job writing academy for others, is something I will never try, it's an act that I do not condone, they are the people championing exam-mall practice, some of them even go directly to the hall where they are writing exams with there school uniform on to write exam for someone else.

I don't think it is illegal, as long as your results, recordings, analysis experiment and your project work is not a duplicate, a copy(plagiarised), I believe you are good to go.

I have read several times this question and it seems to me a similar thread. In my country it is not illegal to do writing assignments related to academic work. There are tutor professors who provide their services as writers and even secretaries, this in order to help the student in a better presentation of such work.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back