What's new

Is it illegal to do jobs writing academic work for others?

The truth be told it's very illegally or rather regarded as illegally but some people are doing it, making money from it and see them as nothing at all
Yeah, so many people earn well from doing such academic writing jobs here in my country. I have not heard any rules here that forbid people from doing this job. But ethically, it is so wrong as students need to experience the whole experience on their own in order to get fully equipped with the skills.

Of course it's not. A lot of established authors and academicians use this. How do you think the idea of ghostwriting became so popular? Successful musicians, writers have at a point in time used ghostwriters.

I don't think it's illegal to do jobs writing academic work for others. There are alot of peole that do this. I wouldn't advice this because one would not be helping that person especually if he or she is a student.

I don't see it as illegal writing academic work for some body. Some people don't have time to seat down to look for materials online therefore they pay people to help them do it. The most important thing is for the owner of the work to understand and know everything about the work.
Like in science, you can't make a statement or do something without siting where something similar was done. So here the owner can hire somebody to search for informations while the owner do the compilation.

It isn't illegal but it's morally incorrect as it will result to educational crisis since the student itself doesn't do the work they should be doing to learn from the process. But it's very rampant nowadays and it's honestly alarming.

What does the student learn if someone completes his work? I know this is not illegal, but indirectly they are spoiling the student's life. Unfortunately, if the student gets a higher job, then he has spoiled others' lives. So don't accept to do others' work.

I don't know if it's illegal or not because I know a lot of people that are doing. If we critically view it, we may it's not morally right. But to say it's illegal is too harsh. Many people who published book in Amazon are not the original writer. Even some lecturer submitted to their student report and project to journal. The school may be frowning at it but I don't think it's illegal.

I work on a freelancing site and offer my services as a writer. I don't offer any services, such as writing assignments for students. It's not only against the policies of freelancing sites, but I also don't want to do that because I believe if a student has to be judged and promoted based on his or her capabilities, then it's not fair to do work on their behalf. It's cheating.

The justification lies on your hands as the writer.
I believe,the academic work was given to the student so he or she would learn the process of academic research.
Doing that would strip him or her of such oppourtunities.

I think for any college, if they knew the work was paid for, they may disqualify the person's work, and there may even be repercussions for using work not your own. In a way, it could be viewed as plagiarism in a way. Which I happen to see a lot these days.

But yeah, after further looking into it, it's not illegal. It's very risky for the person buying the service, as if they're caught, could possibly receiving a failing grade or may even be kicked out.
I absolutely agree with you, it is very bad because the sole aim of the work is to expose students to the basics of academic writing and research.
Doing that is very bad

The first thing you should remember, it is not illegal to hire someone to write your essay. In the world of today, many students tend to use the services of effortless writing. Several college students tend to follow that path. It gets considered cheating and plagiarism if you pay someone to write your essay.

I've never done this, nor do I intend to, but is it illegal for people to do jobs where they do write for their academic work? Such as a school paper, a report, etc. I know it's forbidden on most sites and freelance services. But is this something that pays well? I am by no means an academic, I'm just curious.
I do not opine that this practice is prohibited or unlawful. I understand the moral argument of condoning laziness somewhat, but so long as the chapters in the project work are not plagiarized, I don't see a problem with it.

Although it is legal, it is still a bad decision, especially for the person or student who is hiring the contractor.
It won't allow the pupil to grow personally.
But tragically, people frequently end up in jobs or positions that they are not very passionate about.
Consequently, they lack enthusiasm for their work and are more likely to engage in it.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back