What's new

Is it illegal to do jobs writing academic work for others?

That is absolutely they main point am driving at but in the case whereby the person allows someone to do all the academic work without inputing anything and it's not guided,then it can be considered illegal.
Of course, the idea is to receive guidance and corrections, but not to have your work done as such. Now if it is for transcribing the thesis or paper, I see nothing wrong. What is illegal is that they pay for the thesis and forget about it until it is ready, that should not be.

That is absolutely they main point am driving at but in the case whereby the person allows someone to do all the academic work without inputing anything and it's not guided,then it can be considered illegal.
Well ,in our present system, it's difficult to detect that. Writing has improved of recent that everything can be done legitimately without infringing on any copyright. How will the institution know that?

Well ,in our present system, it's difficult to detect that. Writing has improved of recent that everything can be done legitimately without infringing on any copyright. How will the institution know that?
Am just saying it between good and bad but i certainly know that it will be very difficult for the institutions to detect it and it's for the good of the individual not the institution.
Post automatically merged:

Of course, the idea is to receive guidance and corrections, but not to have your work done as such. Now if it is for transcribing the thesis or paper, I see nothing wrong. What is illegal is that they pay for the thesis and forget about it until it is ready, that should not be.
It shouldn't be done at all because it can make the student to pass but affect s the student later in future along their career path because they can't comprehend when it's brought to them as a cause of work.

Last edited:
Am just saying it between good and bad but i certainly know that it will be very difficult for the institutions to detect it and it's for the good of the individual not the institution.

It shouldn't be done at all because it can make the student to pass but affect s the student later in future along their career path because they can't comprehend when it's brought to them as a cause of work.
Yes that's the major disadvantage of someone writing your thesis for you especially in science and technology fields. Students need to have a first hand experience in what they're learning.

I do not think that it is illegal, but it is not considered an ethical kind of thing because it is not you who is the one who completed the assignment rather it is someone else who did it when it is you who were supposed to do. You may have to check with the rules and regulations of the college or ask your seniors about this.

I've never done this, nor do I intend to, but is it illegal for people to do jobs where they do write for their academic work? Such as a school paper, a report, etc. I know it's forbidden on most sites and freelance services. But is this something that pays well? I am by no means an academic, I'm just curious.
This is rampant here in our country. Many students go for this for their thesis. They will people who will do the research paper for. They pay them in great amount commensurate to their efforts and time. I believe it's illegal.

I've never done this, nor do I intend to, but is it illegal for people to do jobs where they do write for their academic work? Such as a school paper, a report, etc. I know it's forbidden on most sites and freelance services. But is this something that pays well? I am by no means an academic, I'm just curious.
I don't think it is illigal to do that,but looking at it,the main reason a student was given a research work to do,is to help him know how to go about the process of the work they are to be working on,and the process would be defeated if it comes from somewhere else.

I do not think that it is illegal, but it is not considered an ethical kind of thing because it is not you who is the one who completed the assignment rather it is someone else who did it when it is you who were supposed to do. You may have to check with the rules and regulations of the college or ask your seniors about this.
Though it is not illigal to do a research work for someone,but part of the requirements for a person to get certified is to be able to go through the process of research and make sure he experience how results are been arrived at,and this writting for someone would not afford.

Last edited:
I don't think it's illegal. Most the writing jobs in freelancing sites are academic work and it's not a crime to engage in that to make money. If it was illegal, reputable freelancing sites like fiverr, Upwork etc. Will not showcase such job

I don't think it is stated anywhere that you will be punished for that but who's you if you look at it you are helping at the greeting the level of education in the country.

Yes, it is wrong. Let's be real with ourselves that is totally wrong because it is almost like a scam the only thing is the person that as the work is aware while the receiver of the work is not. While i was at college i use to have assignments and all sorts of work done for a colleague of mine till on a very good day while as usual, i was writing an exam for him while in the hall he changed the name on my script to his and submitted and me no knowing wrote his name on the one i was with and submitted, guess what happened next i did not write that exam like play. i was just lucky i did not carry over nor spill.

Yes that's the major disadvantage of someone writing your thesis for you especially in science and technology fields. Students need to have a first hand experience in what they're learning.
You're absolutely right because without the firsthand experience will give them more knowledge and it won't be difficult for them when the come across it in future at the course of their careers.

Yes that's what I was talking about. As long as the thesis is unique and has no copyright issue then it'll be accepted. My only issue is that the student will be deprived of the first hand experience he should have.

A lot of things are happening these days, in so many schools such things are happening even in high schools. It is illegal.

Yes that's what I was talking about. As long as the thesis is unique and has no copyright issue then it'll be accepted. My only issue is that the student will be deprived of the first hand experience he should have.
You're absolutely right because without the firsthand experience will give them more knowledge and it won't be difficult for them when the come across it in future at the course of their careers.
Yes,we've had stories where professionals made terrible mistakes while on their jobs due to lack of knowledge. Every short cut in education has a deadly effect in future.

It's definitely not a big deal not a crime. It is not illegal. Some university graduates will go back to the school environment and will be doing this work. Helping out students with their projects and getting paid.

Well to be sincere, professionally it is illegal but technically it is not illegal. If the institution gets to find out that the work was not researched by the acclaimed researcher, then there will definitely be a penalty!

I do not know if there are sites that allow for such.
But if it is an offline case where people are paid to do academic work for others, it is considered wrong.
Most of those involved earn hugely from it.

It is not illegal to do academic writing for the people. in fact you are rendering services in exchange for money. You able to do academic writing job and they pay you in return for spending time on their project.

It is illegal and not just right.
I have seen many do it for people and get away with it.
They could take it to be a freelance service, but then I don't consider it right. Most schools frown at it.

A number of businesses are planning to launch their own crypto currency exchange. Mining activities have already begun at companies such as PI Network and Bee Network, and I believe it will be deployed shortly.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back