What's new

Is it illegal to do jobs writing academic work for others?

The country where I live, the process would be pretty much illegal. Most of the PHD holders are taking help from others this way. I think this is definitely legal in other places because they don't care how you source material as long as you do the work. But I think ethical grounds that sounds not acceptable in many places. So that needs to be watched out.

There where so many people in politics who hired other to write their own papers, it s funny though how after one night some get their degrees.

There are no laws in my home country that clearly mention that itnis illegal to write thesis or dissertation for others, however, it is an established notion that you should no do it. Sadly, this happens widely in my home country.

I have seen this thread many times but I am hesitating to post a comment because it is not illegal but to my standard it is not moral in the name of education. However, I know some people who do that academic writing for students in exchange of a premium fee. One close friend has a master's degree and teaches in college. Her sideline work is writing the thesis of a graduating student. She earns so much money from that. She said that I can also do that because I have the education and a wide experience but I declined.

A job is a job there is nothing illegal about doing academics work for someone, as long as you not into fraud, scam and robbery I believe you are good to go. Some times the person requesting you to do their academic work for them might just be occupied with so many things and needed assistance in doing it so he or she has to sought out help concerning his or her academic works. Take for instance am a part time student and also work too, most times am so preoccupied with my work that I even don't have time to attend to my assignments, so sometimes I just call a friend up and ask for assistance while offering to pay for their services so the assignment can be done. So it's not a bad thing and not illegal.

Its not really illegal, but it's not morally right for one to do academic work for another person. Many students and graduates do this as a way to earn some money to pay bills, which I think is better than stealing or defrauding people.

Personally I don't think it is wrong legally because the law concerns itself with things. Alth I think that it borders in the issues of morality and that could be a deciding factor. The student or person being helped with the assignment is the kne who is actually cheated.

I've never done this, nor do I intend to, but is it illegal for people to do jobs where they do write for their academic work? Such as a school paper, a report, etc. I know it's forbidden on most sites and freelance services. But is this something that pays well? I am by no means an academic, I'm just curious.
It cannot be considered that as an illegal act. For others, it is the job that they decided to chose for living. Some of us were not the gift of knkwledge and skills thats why they ended up depending on those people(the one yousaid on your thread). Pay a little amount of $ and voila, you have a report without ease. But it should not be patronize.

The issue boils down to a moral standing and not a legal one. Most of those research work are like assignments meant to test how far the student understands what is being taught. You helping them to write it denies the school the opportunity of knowing how far the students has learnt. I hope you understand why you its wrong.

There are no laws in my home country that clearly mention that itnis illegal to write thesis or dissertation for others, however, it is an established notion that you should no do it. Sadly, this happens widely in my home country.
Yes, there's no visible law against that but it's not morally right and it's frowned upon by educational institutions. Projects and thesis are meant to develop a students perspective on the course he is studying so he's meant to carry out research and do the writing himself. Maybe that's the reason we have many unqualified professionals in our country.

Yes, there's no visible law against that but it's not morally right and it's frowned upon by educational institutions. Projects and thesis are meant to develop a students perspective on the course he is studying so he's meant to carry out research and do the writing himself. Maybe that's the reason we have many unqualified professionals in our country.
that's true. However, as long as people willing to buy thesis and people willing to write thesis foe money exist, buying and selling of academic work will continue. I have also written thesis partially for a client via upwork.

While local universities obviously prohibit academic cheating, there is no law prohibiting Kenyans from engaging in the practice for students in other countries. ... Thereafter one can own an academic writing account. Widespread practice. Mutua described the practice among his peers as widespread.

It is illegal for people to do jobs, where they do write for their academic work, I think for any college, if they knew the work was paid for, they may disqualify the person's work

I've never done this, nor do I intend to, but is it illegal for people to do jobs where they do write for their academic work? Such as a school paper, a report, etc. I know it's forbidden on most sites and freelance services. But is this something that pays well? I am by no means an academic, I'm just curious.
Its not illegal. But abused. There's nothing wrong in helping people to do write ups for their academic jobs. The abused is the owner of the job neither participate or learn anything through the work out! Which is bad.

that's true. However, as long as people willing to buy thesis and people willing to write thesis foe money exist, buying and selling of academic work will continue. I have also written thesis partially for a client via upwork.
Yes,that's the world we are in now where everything can be exchanged for money. Writing thesis and projects for clients is a high paying task and is very profitable. In my country, the pay is much that many graduates and lecturers do it for a living. It has reduced the standard of education and the society.

I think it might be illegal to outsource project work for academic activities. The part that has to do with outsourcing that I think might not be wrong is where some travelling and scheduled meetings cannot be handled by the researcher himself at the same time , thennhe can outsource that.

It becomes illegal when it is discovered that he who claims he wrote the paper is an imposter. Whatever that person has achieve in the academia he might loose all, be demoted or even get sacked.

Sorry, but what do you mean by academic work?
I suppose, maybe you mean writing university degree thesis?
If so maybe it might not be illegal, but neither something entirely correct (this in my opinion).

Well I don't think it is illegal. As long as you obey all plagiarism rules and you carry the owner of the work along. I know a couple of guys that do that for a living. However, it is advisable for every scholar to do their research themselves. I think what really matters is that the the researcher is able to defend the work at the end of the day.

Paying someone to write an article or using my article writing service is definitely legal and reliable. Nowadays, professional essay writing services are very popular among students. High school and college students seek professional help for essay writing and other types of academic papers.

Paying someone else to write your article is a form of plagiarism and fraud. Stealing or copying someone's work without plagiarism is considered a serious crime. Colleges and universities have strict rules against this. However, it is not illegal to hire someone to write your article online.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back