What's new

Investing through a bank or their app online, which is safer?

Provided the app is from the bank's official site , there is no harm in investing using the app . You only need to understand the terms and conditions guiding the investment

There are so many fake apps out there even the ones on Playstore. I could remember a time someone told me OPAY got another app and people had just the fake app by exposing their ATM codes and CVV. Going to bank is the safest.

I prefer investing through bank rather than investing through bank app. Those investments you see on banking app may be from ads which may be fraudulent, but if you go to the bank, you will make enquiry very well to know if such investment is geniue and your bank guide you properly.
I think investing in a bank or using their official mobile application are all both reliable method for one to invest money online because most banks make it very reliable for people to invest in them through those two platforms.

In my home country, you will first have to walk in person in the bank and fill the form for mobile banking service. After than you will have to download the app and install it, once installed you will have to sign up and verify OTP via mobile phone. That's the reason mobile banking is very secured here and you can invest from the pp as well.

In as much as it's the same thing. I would advise that you go to a branch when it comes to investing so as to be on the safer side. I personally prefer doing all my transactions at the bank so as to reduce risks

You will actually be on the safe side if you were working to any of their branch and see any of their agents there to be able to process it for you.

Using the app to perform transaction is not bad at all,but using the app to engage in investment is detrimental,to me I prefer vto go straight to the bank branch where I will sign documents and take home as prove

Well it depends on the kind of familiarity of you with online stuff but to.me I will prefer face to.face contact with the mother bank were we can communicate and discuss such kind of issues because I believe online stuffs are occupied by scammers.

If the app you are using is your bank's official app, I think investing through you banking app can be pretty safe. However, it is not safe to use third party applications to make investment.

I have signed up in my bank app and while exploring it I have seen some investment opportunities that it offers. Was thinking now if it will be safer doing those kind of investment online or I just need to do it personally in their bank office where I can personally talk to their staff and learn more of their product of investment.

You need to be careful. If you see any kind of investment opportunity offered by the app of the bank, then you must consult the representatives of the bank. There are a lots of scams out there and it is always a better idea to avoid them.
Post automatically merged:

I prefer to invest through bank or do anything through bank. Because you will be there physically and that will give you directions on the dos and don'ts of whatever you are investing. Generally I do most of my things physically in the bank except some withdrawal.

Yes, I agree with you. I think the app can also get hacked and you risk your personal data and money. Apps can be hacked and I think there were many cases in the past when the apps were hacked.

Last edited:
Whichever way you want to do it it’s still safe , the only thing you must consider is if the business you want to invest in is legit or not , when you can do that , you’ve solved the whole problem.

The mobile banking app that I use allows me to make investment on share market, mutual funds or even fixed deposit, through the app. I really like this feature because do not have to walk ourside.

Doing them through your bank app is definitely the easiest option, but doing it directly with the bank is the safest. I would advice you go to the bank and do your Investment there.

Since it is your bank have that has been regulated by the government of your country I do not see anything wrong with you carrying on your investment but to be on the right track and to understand how it really work you can call your bank customer care agent for them to give you all the understanding and the information you will need.

I don't trust most banking apps which I have but never made use of them. I prefer going directly to the bank to make my investment deposit because I dislike to hear stories that touches the heart.

I prefer investing through a direct bank where I can have access to Human Resource personnels because I've heard and I'm so cautious of cloned apps.

I prefer investing through a direct bank where I can have access to Human Resource personnels because I've heard and I'm so cautious of cloned apps.
I also prefer investing in direct bank instead of using their app I can remember back then when I use to invest online there was a site that look legit but after my investment they do away with my money so for this aspect I do the finding and fine out that someone somewhere develop same app that look similar to the one I invest with so I have no other option than to let go because I fall into the wrong trap,so using their physical office is the best

The mobile banking app that I use allows me to make investment on share market, mutual funds or even fixed deposit, through the app. I really like this feature because do not have to walk ourside.
That is a very good feature. You just sit down at home and make your investments. This is very convenient as you don't have to always visit the bank physically.

I don't think there is anything wrong investing through the bank app, but if you are still skeptical about it, then maybe you should consider going to invest in their office instead of using the app, maybe because of a case of clone app just as someone stated above. That is just my opinion.

That is a very good feature. You just sit down at home and make your investments. This is very convenient as you don't have to always visit the bank physically.
Yes, but before I can use an app like this one I will always have to visit a bank personally and set up the app. Once done, you can easily use the app to make investment.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back