What's new

How To Make Money Online By Accepting Donations?

There should be a project behind using the donation feature. It will encourage your members to contribute.
I'm thinking something on the lines of a certain reward for the audience if they reach a certain donation goal. For example:

Help Me Expand My Website

$2000 - Special difficult content for everyone once per month
$5000 - Something that benefits the entire community who are viewing the website, a freebie handout
$10,000 - Special fun surprise for everyone that is fun that everyone wants to share on social media
$20,000 - Highly involved project with a lot of funding needed
$40,000 - More of a personal goal that will benefit your audience. Travel projects belong at this level.

Then you have a donation progress bar where everyone can see your progress toward your goals. Details of the rewards would vary by website, but this could allow for faster growth than just sitting on your content treadmill and waiting for Adsense to approve you.

You may also want to make the donation goals smaller. The more you deliver on your donation goals, the more credible your website becomes and the more people want to donate to your cause.

The help could be either help in website hosting fee or pay for advertisement fee means it depends and also depends on payment processor terms of service as some sites like PayPal needs everything clear to have donation feature established and lot of terms of services unlike cryptocurrency.

The help could be either help in website hosting fee or pay for advertisement fee means it depends and also depends on payment processor terms of service as some sites like PayPal needs everything clear to have donation feature established and lot of terms of services unlike cryptocurrency.
I think that cryptocurrencies would be the best in case of receiving donations for a certain project, since this way you skip all the bureaucratic process of payment processors like PayPal for example, which in addition, many people can not access this service because of their geographical region,

I think that cryptocurrencies would be the best in case of receiving donations for a certain project, since this way you skip all the bureaucratic process of payment processors like PayPal for example, which in addition, many people can not access this service because of their geographical region,
Stripe accepts payments in USDC cryptocurrency. Would just having Stripe up as a system allow those who can't access Paypal to pay, or would adding another crypto payment method such as Coinbase Pay be more robust?

I'm asking this because adding more payment methods complicates donation goal bar programming and display. USDC and Tether are cryptos tied to the U.S. Dollar, so it makes it easier to show the success of your campaign in USD. Accepting other cryptos could mess with the system because those prices rise and fall rapidly in comparison to USD, and I don't know what I have until I sell it, essentially. All my expenses like office rent and sewing machine purchases are still in fiat.

Stripe accepts payments in USDC cryptocurrency. Would just having Stripe up as a system allow those who can't access PayPal to pay, or would adding another crypto payment method such as Coinbase Pay be more robust?

I'm asking this because adding more payment methods complicates donation goal bar programming and display. USDC and Tether are cryptos tied to the U.S. Dollar, so it makes it easier to show the success of your campaign in USD. Accepting other cryptos could mess with the system because those prices rise and fall rapidly in comparison to USD, and I don't know what I have until I sell it, essentially. All my expenses like office rent and sewing machine purchases are still in fiat.
Well, I don't use Stripe nor have I ever used it, but hey, if you can receive and make donations with USDC or Tether it's great with that payment processor, but in my case, to receive payments in said stablecoins, I would use the address of an exchange or decentralized wallet because you can settle payments in fiat money quickly, especially if it is a decentralized wallet you will have the full control of the funds.

I suppose that if you need the value in fiat quickly, it is better to use stablecoin, since as you say they do not have the volatility of cryptocurrencies, you can always use 2 donation methods, one in crypto (stablecoin) and another with Paypal.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back