What's new

How to Get Started With Selling Online?

A great method to earn money online is buying second-hand products at low rates and selling them at a slightly high rates for profits. Now I am not saying that you must sell substandard products rather what I am trying to advise is that you can sell high-quality products online. For example, I am sure many people sell second-hand products on Ebay. Unfortunately, I am not into online selling as I believe that it is not the only great way to make money and it's not my cup of tea.

There are a lot of things you should know about spelling online first. You should research about the platform and be sure that that is where your audience do live online.

These are basically methods that would be used for a business that has evolved to strategize into online business but for a start up one can simply start with a physical store then whatsapp business and continue.

Thanks for the nice thread my friend. But for me I think I will go with dropshipping. It's a more lucrative online business in this age of the internet.

Selling on ebay did not work me. I listed my products in 2016 and I still get queries but my products by and large remain unsold. The only platform where I was moderately successful was Amazon. On Amazon I sell ebooks

There are a lot of different methods to sell online.
1. You sell via third-party marketplaces like amazon, eBay, Etsy, Zazzle etc.
2. You manufacture or procure products and sell products from your own store
3. You dropship
4. You sell products as an affiliate marketer
For the first and second method, you need to maintain your inventory, you either have to manufacture your products, or procure products, create a listing on the site where you are selling, and market your store to drivesales. In the third method, or the dropship method, you sell from your own store, however, you don't sell your own products, you don't have an inventory. What you do is you create a listing, you sell products and the forward the shipping details to the supplier who actually packs the product and ships to the buyers' address. The fourth method, or the affiliate marketing method, also does not require you to have your own product, you refer people to seller's store and you earn commission for each sale. Of all these 4 methods, the fourth method is easiest and cheapest, in most cases you don't even need a website. However, having a website can be better.
Now, if you want to sell online, which method do you choose?
There are many ways you can start selling your products online , and one is by selling via third-party like Amazon, Jumia , Konga.com , Alibaba and many sites, and you can also start by dropsipping.

I think the best way to start selling online is to look for your local online business providers and online marketplaces in your country just like international marketplaces like Amazon or Ebay. Not all the people can sell on Amazon or Ebay.

There are different ways on how to sell online. There are also different PLATFORMs to use to that effect. However the major issue is marketing which is very important for the success of the business

Selling on ebay did not work me. I listed my products in 2016 and I still get queries but my products by and large remain unsold. The only platform where I was moderately successful was Amazon. On Amazon I sell ebooks

Seriously, I have no idea how to set up a selling account on eBay and I have been trying to learn how to for a while now but all to no avail. I'm open to any tips you may offer.

I think the first step is about identifying your product and knowing your target audience. Then you can then work towards being able to get customers to the business.

There are a lot of different methods to sell online.
1. You sell via third-party marketplaces like amazon, eBay, Etsy, Zazzle etc.
2. You manufacture or procure products and sell products from your own store
3. You dropship
4. You sell products as an affiliate marketer
For the first and second method, you need to maintain your inventory, you either have to manufacture your products, or procure products, create a listing on the site where you are selling, and market your store to drivesales. In the third method, or the dropship method, you sell from your own store, however, you don't sell your own products, you don't have an inventory. What you do is you create a listing, you sell products and the forward the shipping details to the supplier who actually packs the product and ships to the buyers' address. The fourth method, or the affiliate marketing method, also does not require you to have your own product, you refer people to seller's store and you earn commission for each sale. Of all these 4 methods, the fourth method is easiest and cheapest, in most cases you don't even need a website. However, having a website can be better.
Now, if you want to sell online, which method do you choose?
I have heard of some people selling on third party online store and are making lots of profit there. I am interested in selling in one of the website but I don't know how to start. Do you know how u can sell products on amazon

Selling on Facebook is the easiest way to start selling online. You can create a shop on your page, list your product in the Facebook marketplace section.

How to sale depends on how much money you have and what kind of skills you have. If you have $5000 to spare, I think creating your own store and selling online is the best option

first you have to get your ideas ready.. You cant just wake up one morning and you just what to start an online business, you need to have planned out how you want your business to be, what you want to sell, how to get customers, how easy is it for customer to communicate with you. How to give them the right satisfaction, what will keep them.coming back to.your store.

I'll prefer to start via local dropshipping anyways because I'll not have to spend so much on importing or when I'm out of products keep thinking of how I'll get to restock and supply again.

Even though I don't have any product for sale at the moment, but I must say that you have really done justice to the topic above. It will really be of help. Thanks for sharing.

During the covid, many online business sprung up and we could see that setting up wasn't really a big deal, all you just had to do was get a source for whatever product or service you wish and promote online.

Starting an online store isn’t just attractive because of the potential profits. In comparison to other forms of business ownership, it also has the lowest barriers to entry.

If i would want to start selling online, from all the methods you mentioned i think i would choose drop shipping or i could try selling my own products on Facebook Market place.

Many methods are being applied to sell products online because everyone would go for the business that is more convenient to him and would adopt that method.it also depend on the availibility of facilities and products that would help in online business of i would had to start an online business i would prefer the dropship which actually is seels suitable to me.
I have been making use of my social media accounts especially my Instagram account and Whatsapp Business account to sell my products by advertising them on my statues.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back