What's new

How can small scale businesses resist competition from large scale businesses?

I think this has been discussed before now. It is very possible for you to compete as a small scale business owner with a huge competitor. Let's take for instance Peak and Cowbell milk in Nigeria. It was popularly believed that Peak milk was for the rich and middle class Nigerians. However, Cowbell came with the idea that includes the less privileged in the society. With this strategy, Peak milk also had to produce sachet milk for everyone. This is what healthy competition is. You can shake the foundation of a large scale business. It all boils down to your strategy.
Wow this is an interesting illustration that means as small as my business maybe there's a possibility of making it stand out and even more valuable as the big giant company, this illustration might actually make me believe that you are either a marketer or a business personality .

Small scale business have no competition with a large scale business, I can say that small scale business should always maintain their quality standards at all time, never to compete with the large scale business.

In business, competition is inevitable as long as the business is profitable more and more investors will come in, you just have strategize and provide quality products or services to your customers to be at the top of the competition.

Those large businesses were small businesses at the beginning too, but they managed to make their way into success so you have to do that too, competition needs losing some things, such as high profit in the beginning, but it's gonna make your way into success for sure

Customer service and relationship should be your sidekickOne huge advantage of being a small business is the ability to interact with customers directly removing the bottlenecks and bureaucracy of larger businesses. Creating space to deliver better experiences and exceed customer expectations.​

I think it would be really foolish for a small scale business owner to want to personally engage in competition with a large scale businesses owner, its pretty much like a personal battle.i think the best thing a small scale business owner can do in an environment with a larger scale business owner is to be patient,prayerful and transact accordingly to the price he or she feels is fair with what others are requesting from their customers in that location.

this has to do with consistency of the small scale business owner in order not to allow the large scale business owner to push him/her to what is not healthy

l have seen so many small scale businesses in my area that have failed because of unhealthy competition with the large scale competition. Most of those businesses tried using the penetrating pricing scheme to enter the market but yet could'nt succeed because the large scale businesses offers large discounts when they realise that strategy.

In your own opinion, what are some of your views about how a small scale business can resist competition from large scale bussinesses?
The just have to keep on trying, create exclusive deals for customers which will engage them discount aside, it might move towards the direction of a loss fr the business but if they are steadfast in their competitors they might as well stabilize their place as a strong competition.

Small scale businesses can beat competition from the big scale businesses by targeting the average and lower class. Most of the big scale companies cater to the rich, but small scale business can cater to a particular type of customer ignored by their competitors. Once they can find ways to solve their problems. The small scale business will definitely attract more customers.

The just have to keep on trying, create exclusive deals for customers which will engage them discount aside, it might move towards the direction of a loss fr the business but if they are steadfast in their competitors they might as well stabilize their place as a strong competition.
You are very right dear. Even though the large scale organizations are grown and may have their various ways of maintaining their customers, the small scale organizations too can also put in place some strategies to also maintain their customers and as time goes on, many people might discover them and start dealing with such businesses too.

Yes they can. But first they shouldn't go into a competition with bigger businesses because those can offer less than them which means. Don't face them head to head. Don't establish your business near them. Have your own target market. For example when someone build your store in s residential area not Infront of a mall.

l have seen so many small scale businesses in my area that have failed because of unhealthy competition with the large scale competition. Most of those businesses tried using the penetrating pricing scheme to enter the market but yet could'nt succeed because the large scale businesses offers large discounts when they realise that strategy.

In your own opinion, what are some of your views about how a small scale business can resist competition from large scale bussinesses?
I find what you say strange because pricing has always been a competitive edge in business, that's the major way small businesses can penetrate the market. If you notice when new products enter the market they reduce their price, when you become addicted to the product they start increasing their pricing gradually by that time you're hooked and will continue buying.

As an entrepreneur, you can build up a more profound, more grounded, more close to home relationship with your clients. In the event that your clients realize you give a relationship they can't get at that enormous business, they'll come to you first — regardless of whether it costs them some extra.

I find what you say strange because pricing has always been a competitive edge in business, that's the major way small businesses can penetrate the market. If you notice when new products enter the market they reduce their price, when you become addicted to the product they start increasing their pricing gradually by that time you're hooked and will continue buying.
I understand your point here. What you are trying to say mostly is associated with new brand of businesses popping up and have no or little competition. But for more competitive businesses, most at times penetrating pricing is always not easy.

Competition between business owners either small or large scale is inevitable. I will just say that small scale business owners should try and create a unique selling point which the larger business owner won't be able to meet up with.

Deliver Excellent Customer Service

As a small business owner, you have the ability to develop a deeper, stronger, more personal relationship with your customers. ... If your customers know you provide a relationship they can't get at that big business, they'll come to you first — even if it costs them a little extra.
  1. Focus on Customer Service.
  2. SEO Audit Tool.
  3. Ask for Feedback.
  4. Promotions.
  5. Analyze the Bigger Brands.
  6. Show Expertise with High-Quality Content.
  7. Customer Reviews.
  8. Engage with People on Social Media

As a small business owner, you have the ability to develop a deeper, stronger, more personal relationship with your customers.If your customers know you provide a relationship they can not get at that big business they'll come to you first.even if it costs them a little extra.

The competition from big businesses will always be there, so small businesses just have to accept this and work within their means. They should focus more on making sales rather than beating competitions. You must also consider "quality" not "quantity.

Large scale business means a business on relatively large scale. Such business buy raw materials in huge amount as compared to those running a small business. So they sell things cheaper. Also huge companies are called as brands.

I don't think that we can have a competition between small and large business. Because small businesses are the part of larger business. And they run with the help of them. For example if a company sales spare parts in business and one who sales their products in wholesale, how they can be compared?
I think this can't be happen anywhere.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator