What's new

Have you ever worked a job for free?

This happens in many telemarketing companies. They tend to deduct salaries of employees who work in those companies. They never pay them a fair amount of money in the first place and the worst part is that they pay late as well. So, the place where you work matters a lot.

It's pure wickedness of those businesses like telemarketing companies. A worker will put in everything they have in the job but they will still end up cutting their pay for some silly and useless reasons. It's a bad way to treat workers.

I did a forum moderation job for free for about 3 months. I had to donate 5 hours a week to the forum, and more during training, but I learned a valuable skill that I am now using here on this forum.

I also did data entry for an Awana club, that was okay and taught me a little about databasing programs.

The most significant work I did for free was in college, making the college's literary journals with my design work. It was miserable work that I never want to do ever again, especially not for free. I hate doing design to please others and really only want to do it for myself, to express what I want to express through it. I discovered that design, in all forms, is a hobby for me and not a career because I am too emotionally attached to it. Doing it as a career is an exercise in misery.

I wish I had learned the latter before I had invested a full Assoiciate's degree into the sport. I still get people approaching me for web design jobs, or design jobs in general, and it's hard not to hate them for pressuring me into doing something that I don't want to do for them. I hate the fact that I need money which makes them hard to turn down.

I have never worked a job for free simply because I sees it as not necessary but it's very important and money should not be our only priority.

There are some things that we have to do it for people not unless money is concerned.

The only way I am going to be interested in doing any kind of work for free is if the information and knowledge I'm going to gain from being on job is something that is going to be beneficial for me in a very big way, then I would consider doing the job for free. This is because I know that what I am getting in terms of knowledge is better and will worth more money to me in the future.

Well the only time I worked for free, was when I did an unpaid internship in the course where I was studying, it was 3 months in which I did not charge anything, but in fact I learned a lot in those 3 months and I really did not mind not charging, since they were part of the training and if I did not I could not pass the course.

Well the only time I worked for free, was when I did an unpaid internship in the course where I was studying, it was 3 months in which I did not charge anything, but in fact I learned a lot in those 3 months and I really did not mind not charging, since they were part of the training and if I did not I could not pass the course.

I did the same thing with a radio station but my own internship was for 6 months. It was a very good experience for me working in the radio station studio and using all the studio tools. I was even given the opportunity to come back for full employment when I graduated but I never did.

Has there ever been a time where you did a job for free? A while back I volunteered for a nonprofit community, but was later paid by them for work done.

But never worked a job for free for too long. What about you?
If it's a job which I'm going to have mandatory jobs to do every day, I've never been in it for free. The only kind of job which I'm going to work on for free is something I will choose what I'm going to do at my will and not by obligation.

If it's a job which I'm going to have mandatory jobs to do every day, I've never been in it for free. The only kind of job which I'm going to work on for free is something I will choose what I'm going to do at my will and not by obligation.

I am sure that there are many people who may never work for free. However, there are a few freelancers who may offer a lot for a low price and you can say that they are basically offering things for "free" in a different sense.For example, a writer could offer 5 articles for a very low price. This is what many freelancers tend to do.

I am sure that there are many people who may never work for free. However, there are a few freelancers who may offer a lot for a low price and you can say that they are basically offering things for "free" in a different sense.For example, a writer could offer 5 articles for a very low price. This is what many freelancers tend to do.
Yes, I see this one a lot on some freelancing website I've worked on. Writers do it on Upwork, Fiverr and Forum Promotion. They make it too competitive with the low amount they charge for services which is more than such low fees.

I have in the past worked for free, yes. I remember during a college course I had to work in a few different schools as part of the experience and I have also worked a few times for friends of the family for free to gain experience to help me get into other jobs as I got older.

I have never seen anything wrong with working for free as it's a great way to gain more experience which will later help you in jobs.

I have never worked a job for free simply because I sees it as not necessary but it's very important and money should not be our only priority.

There are some things that we have to do it for people not unless money is concerned.
Yes, it's important to make money because we have needs to pay for with the money. There are some stages when you will look at knowledge and money before you decide which one to choose. There are knowledge which is better than immediate cash. It's why people work as interns to gain knowledge.

I did a forum moderation job for free for about 3 months. I had to donate 5 hours a week to the forum, and more during training, but I learned a valuable skill that I am now using here on this forum.

The only forum where I have done a moderation job for free was in the early days of indexforum.com before it was sold to the new owner Jordan. When the forum haven't started generating any money I worked for free for the owner because we worked together in setting up the forum. Along the line when revenue starting coming in, he put me on small payroll of $5 every week.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back