What's new

Government job versus private job?

I would definitely prefer working in the public sector, infact if someone offers me one now, I would jump on it. The decision is easy because I have experienced working in a private company and the stress coupled with the fear of indiscriminate dismissal are enough to make me prefer a government job.

I would pick government job anyday and any time. As I would always have the benefits that follows after retirement and the ample time I have to control my private business. The only downside right now is that in my country the government own workers salary without bordering paying for months or even years.

Today in our reality , one can either work in the public sector (Government) , private area or fabricate his own business .

Aside from being a business person , will you want to work for government sector where you would be qualified for tip upon retirement and annuity thereafter or to work for the private sector where you will get paid better however will just have gratuity yet much of the time no pension ?

Likewise government occupations offer the chance of acknowledgment in government position not at all like private positions .

Which of these two sectors will you want to work in and why?
  • Bonus

Government job is a very good job because in it you get pension after retirement. And its salary is also very high.A private job is not so lonely and does not get retirement Therefore, it would be better to do a government job because it is a very good job, in which you are also very much money.
The disparity between these two keywords depends on individual interest. On the one hand, some persons might prefer government work because the pay doesn't get affected due to whatever situation the country is in. One the other hand, some persons might prefer private work because it gives no limit to the number of figures you earn.

Generally speaking, people tend to question government workers who control huge money how and why they are able to do that. Although many people can do these two together.

I'll leave with the question: is it better to have financial freedom or be caught in the trap of tracking the money one controls?

Both sector have their strengths and weakness...but one thing that put me off from government job is the no work no pay method used in my country when there is a strike but apart from that the government job beats all as long as you can upgrade your self

There are a lot of benefits that is attached to government job such as: self reliance, job security, pension payment, career development etc while in private parasaters is only limited to career development.

Left to me, I choose a private sector that is a private business because you will have rest of mind and you'll be healthy unlike government business where you'll have to work and work. In case you don't know, the pension government workers receive is what they've worked for over the years

In advanced countries, I don't think there will so much difference, because government regulations are really strong. In Africa, it entirely different a story.
Government employment is everything because it offers security, promotion when due, payment before its even due.

Government job provide benefits post retirement and perks during the job. Private job the work profile changes resulting in a career growth. Promotion is awarded on your performance in the office. Moreso, in a private job the remuneration is the monthly salary plus other perks and privileges.

I am already working in Government sector and I always prefer to work in Government sector. In Government sector you have more security, facilities and allowances than private sector. Private sector take much work from their employees and pay less.
I also work in a government institution, and I feel good about my job, but in reality, in my country, private companies have better salary income, not like in the case of your country. But as I mentioned before I feel comfortable in the government, there are also more benefits for its employees.

Salary
Government sector may provide less salary compared to the private sector, but they have better benefits. Increments for government jobs are standardized, whereas the private sector jobs are pretty much annual or in some companies half-yearly too.

Sometimes it strongly depends on the country where we live. In my former country, privateb jobs became terribly insecure: today hired and tomorrow fired. But getting a permanent government job is quite impossible (at least if you don't have a relative or member family into the politics:mad:), the majority of competitions to acces the public administration are for one or for two winners only. Obviously, the benefit of government jobs can't compare with private: rights to paid holidays, rights to be paid while admitted at hospital or in any way ill, thirteen salary, protection from being unfairly fired.

There is a big difference between government job and private job but if I get a chance to choose between the two then I will choose government job Because government jobs have many benefits.Government jobs earn more and work less, have fixed time duty, and with salary allowance and many other benefits

Today in our reality , one can either work in the public sector (Government) , private area or fabricate his own business .

Aside from being a business person , will you want to work for government sector where you would be qualified for tip upon retirement and annuity thereafter or to work for the private sector where you will get paid better however will just have gratuity yet much of the time no pension ?

Likewise government occupations offer the chance of acknowledgment in government position not at all like private positions .

Which of these two sectors will you want to work in and why?
Government job gives us surety of future. I am also a government employee. I don't take tension of earning in any circumstances.
On the other hand private jobs didn't give us surety of future and job. Here workers can earn more than government employee. They can work alot for money.

Government jobs has way more advantages and benefits compared to a private Job. Although a private Job might give a better pay in terms of salary than a government owned job but that doesn't mean a government job isn't of a greater advantage than a private. While on a government Job, you can still take up a few gigs elsewhere but private jobs doesn't permit anything else.

Government job is better because it is not as stressful as private job, where you will extremely conditioned to observe and obey some rule that you have no choice but to obey, government job gives you access to take an annual leave that can last you a month and this will give you some kind of opportunity to start exploring other means generating income for yourselves

There was a time in Pakistan when the state and government bodies were the largest employers of the country. The first and foremost advantage of doing a government job is high level of job security associated with it. Any person who is working for an employer expects to keep working under all normal circumstances. Therefore having the security that you will not lose your job through any good or bad event is a plus point for any job doer. This helps him or her to have a secure future with a permanent job. It will require very hard and strong evidence against his performance to lay him off the job.

Both government and private jobs helps you makes saving towards planning your own personal buisness.government jobs usually comes with some opportunities like having job security eg they don't fold up like private job, lifetime pensions,and quick access to loan.

Government jobs to me is the best, private companies go bankrupt but government job can go bankrupt, it is has steady supply of capital and in case of liquidation of private companies, all the staffs tend to suffer from it but in government job, the worst that could happen is for a person to be transferred to another state to work or retire themselves, except they have gone against the rules and regulations of the organization that when they can be sacked .

Government job is far better than private job, in government job you are guaranteed job security, pay are much higher in government organizations and you also gets some allowance, during your retirement you get your pension. The only aspect I think private organizations edge that of the government is administration.

Here, in Nigeria, i will want to work in a private sector. The government seems to be unserious in their dealings with the country affairs take for instance, since March last year ASUU has been on strike, which is approximately 10 months, just as they call of strike NASU embarks on theirs. They can't even keep up pay for government agents, in such a situation i dont think people will want to work in the government sector.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back