What's new

Government job versus private job?

Setting up Businesses is challenging, but by far the best for dodged individuals who has the ability to bear risk, and lead others to see your vision. Also, the freedom that comes with owing your own businesses allow one to plan adequately to drive your businesses to make profit. Also, setting up your own business helps reduce the problems of unemployment and over dependency on Government, and white collar Jobs.

Having Government job is not such a easy work mostly people are working in private sectors because there is lack of Government jobs.
But government job is permanent while private job is temporary it can be closed any time or people are having fear of losing job so if people are having Government jobs they should stay there and work hard

Well let me if I may add my contribution to this.
I would categories it.
1. Government job is a job from the government agency with incentives and gratuities.

2. While private sector job is a job with either an individual or private corporation.

The both has different perspective and benefits. But I would advice u try to get a government job as it's very crucial and okay.

The reasons are government has a good plan for retirement while Private may not even mind what retirement.

I prefer government job because I feel it is more secured and have lot of bonuses that private sectora don't have, even after retirement, you will still earn some amount from the government as pension, but tht cannot happen in private sectors

I prefer government job than private job, because is pensionable job, so considering the benefits of government jobs, I will definitely go to government work, is the best than private job.

Government jobs comes with a great deal of job security. Unlike private sector which can lay off their workers during an economic crisis.
With government jobs, you get job security plus allowances and an opportunity to work your way up through promotions.
In conclusion government jobs are way better.

I forgot to add that with a private job you are most likely going to be working more hours compared to the government owned jobs which pretty much will rule out the possibility of you having another backup job since you are mostly working at your private owned job whereas in a government based job you will probably be chanced to work on your other investments.

I've had the privilege of working in both sectors and while working for the government is more secure, I personally prefer working in the private sector. The government is usually a lot more forgiving, so that some of the most useless people remain in jobs they are either too lazy or not well-equipped to perform. In the private sector, you have better prospects but you have to continually prove that you're competent and deserving of them. I generally also find standards are much higher and rules more stringent in the private sector - if you fail to perform, you're out the door. People who work for the government also run the risk of becoming stagnant because there's not usually as much training and upskilling. Salaries and fringe benefits also tend to be a lot more attractive in the private sector.

Today in our reality , one can either work in the public sector (Government) , private area or fabricate his own business .

Aside from being a business person , will you want to work for government sector where you would be qualified for tip upon retirement and annuity thereafter or to work for the private sector where you will get paid better however will just have gratuity yet much of the time no pension ?

Likewise government occupations offer the chance of acknowledgment in government position not at all like private positions .

Which of these two sectors will you want to work in and why?
Government occupation is great and has its benefits. However in my country getting a good government job is like seeing a blinking crab. If you don't have the right connection just forget it. That is why many end up in the private sector, there is not much choice.
Post automatically merged:

Today in our reality , one can either work in the public sector (Government) , private area or fabricate his own business .

Aside from being a business person , will you want to work for government sector where you would be qualified for tip upon retirement and annuity thereafter or to work for the private sector where you will get paid better however will just have gratuity yet much of the time no pension ?

Likewise government occupations offer the chance of acknowledgment in government position not at all like private positions .

Government occupation is great and has its benefits. However in my country getting a good government job is like seeing a blinking crab. If you don't have the right connection just forget it. That is why many end up in the private sector, there is not much choice.

If I were to choose, I will go for government job because of job security and the convenience of work. I am presently working in a private firm, it cannot be compared with working with the government. Aside job security, there things you are entitled to like pension which is not possible in private firm

Government job is much better over private job because in this you get long-term benefit and from this we can get facilities from different allowances and in this we can get good facilities for, so I always prefer government sectors over private sectors.

The difference between government and private job is time and pension , you have more time to your self and you earn pension for life when you retire though there are some private jobs that pay pension this days . I will still go for government job because I will be able to have time to run other businesses to make more money.

In Nigeria, we have federal government jobs and state or local government jobs. I'll gladly pick a federal government job over any other job because you get to enjoy a higher remuneration, extra specks and good pension. You also get some free time just that it's difficult to land such jobs.
Aside that,I'll pick a high paying private job as the next option. Others are not worth it.

To me, I would go for a government job over and over again if time and life permits me than a private job. Working in a private company has a lots of disadvantages than advantages. You get to over work yourself for hours and months only to get peanut at the end of the month. That is frustrating and annoying. Private job can be more demanding compare to government job. Whereas with government job I am sure of my pension when I am done working.

I prefer government jobs than private jobs because they pay well and you also have time and vacation holidays to spend with your family while private jobs pay less and most times no vacation and free time to spend with families. In private job you work more than you earn and sometimes there is no well organized structure for promotion of workers, most private jobs in Nigeria do not pay their workers pension after retirement.

Private work brings out the best in you, as in you can take the work serious unlike government jobs where you could decide to go late and won't be penalized and it is chilling fr.

Government provides such jobs which cant be compared to other jobs. Defence sector, IAS, IPS, IFS, ISRO, DRDO etc, such jobs are unique in their own nature. But these jobs are not so lavish in today's scene as been said by many.

My opinion says a government job is better if you are at your hometown because at small places only govt jobs exist.

Money is less in govt job, if talking of technical jobs then corporate sector is much better. Not every govt job is powerful which everyone percieves it as.

So prior making any decision one must think about the type of job ypu are going into. What are the benefits.
Are you suitable with the working conditions.

In my country most people choose government work based on their preference for a pensionable job at the end of their 30 years in service. Personally based on my field, I'll damn the public service for the private sector.

You know with government somehow it's good but not to be there for long.Also it can give you a starter capital to expand your business provided you have really researched and saved up.So start with government then raise money to invest in a business.

Apart from owning my own business, l think l will go for a government job when I'm asked to choose between the private and government sector. This is because in my country, the private workers have less privileges than that of the public sector workers.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back