What's new

Freelance sites/gig sites that don't take massive cuts of your profits

Actually I have been hearing alot of complaints from people about site taken a massive cut of their income. Though inhave not such experience but I want to know what should be the actual cut of the site owners?

of course the percentage they remove is very important for them to keep on maintaining the platform. They also pay their employees and as a business venture they also have to make profit in order to keep it running.
The percentage is truly important so that they will be able to maintain the platform and at the same time they should make sure that the percentage is not too much

of course the percentage they remove is very important for them to keep on maintaining the platform. They also pay their employees and as a business venture they also have to make profit in order to keep it running.
The freelancing platform is definitely going to maintain their website and there is need for them to ensure that they deduct certain commission from the amount the freelancera received.

I have just gone back to Fiverr myself to sell gigs and at the moment since coming back, I have not had any orders at the moment. I remember when I used to use it, they did take a fee but it never seemed to be too much if I am honest so I am not sure if something may have changed since then. I also use SEOClerks as well but again I have just gone back there again and a lot has changed since I went back so I am not sure how much of a cut they take from your services.

I don't mind if a 20% cut is taken as that is understandable if I am honest due to them providing the place for you to advertise your service and for people to find you. If any more than 20% then I would probably look for somewhere else to advertise my gigs.

Fiverr usually take s$1 out of the $5 earnings of freelancer. They take it as a cut to make sure that they run the business. I am not sure how much does the fourrer charges.

The percentage is truly important so that they will be able to maintain the platform and at the same time they should make sure that the percentage is not too much
of course the percentage shouldn't be too much because people actually spend time to do the jobs. There are people who can stay indoors for some days especially when they have loads of gigs to do.

Fiverr usually take s$1 out of the $5 earnings of freelancer. They take it as a cut to make sure that they run the business. I am not sure how much does the fourrer charges.
Ooh that seems to be quite cool and at the same time, some people may complain that they take too much so I think it depends on individual interest and what we feel.

Ooh that seems to be quite cool and at the same time, some people may complain that they take too much so I think it depends on individual interest and what we feel.
If a particular platform or a freelancing website is taking 20% as a commission out of the amount of money received for getting a job on their platform. I don't think it is humongous.

If a particular platform or a freelancing website is taking 20% as a commission out of the amount of money received for getting a job on their platform. I don't think it is humongous.
I support your statement because I have worked on many platforms that claimed to deduct fair amount of money from the pay i received but the amount of money deducted was up to 35% in total which is too high.

Yes it is not too much
I just have a feeling that some platforms will arise later and may want to take more than that but I know that people will not make use of that platform.

Freelancing sites that takes huge cult of your money are avoidable . There is absolutely a way you can avoid them and that is why it is necessary to involve yourself in serious research to ensure that you did not fall victim of such platforms at all cost.
Making money through the so called freelancing is a nice idea, but only if you have the necessary skills to do that.
Because we all know that making money through freelancing is not that easy.

20% or 30% is what most platform usually take from the earning of their members. Platforms like Amazon Kindle usually take 30% and give publishers 70%.

I don't know any freelancing websites that don't have massive cut but you can get have access to all your earnings if you tell the client to pay directly to your bank account or wallet. You can get job from the website and avoid payment to pass through.

Fiverr has proven to be one of the best freelancing platform that does not take a massive cut from the total amount of money that you have earned on the platform i
The percentage that they receive is reasonable.

You can use gig sites as a launch pad, once, you get some long term clients, you can start working independently. You can use your own websites to sell your gigs.

Well I think it depends on perspective of individuals but I personally don't really think some site takes a massive cut of what you earned simply because I know if the payment is not favourable for you, you can quit.

It's funny how people justify sites taking as much as 20% from one's earnings. I guess its because they've not actually experienced it.

When you stay awake all night to submit a $100 gig only for the site to take as much as $20, you'll know the fee is way too much.

I once worked on a transcription site. They paid me the exact money I made working for them. They even transferred the money to PayPal without deducting a single cent.

P
I think so too. Giving them 20% when withdrawing won't hurt so much. If it were not for them, you would struggle to get clients and those jobs. So I don't see that percentage as a massive cut at all.
People sometimes forget that those freelancing platforms have staff that they will pay and that the website need maintenance. If not for freelancing platforms most of the people from lower tier countries won't be able to work with client from top tier countries because of trust issue.

If you are not comfortable with how much a platform takes as it's own share for giving you a platform to advertise your skill, then you should stop working on the platform.

If you are not comfortable with how much a platform takes as it's own share for giving you a platform to advertise your skill, then you should stop working on the platform.
Despite that, it is very good to choose a platform that does not cut huge amount from your pay . However, it is good to always ensure that you pick a platform with reasonable charges .

I used to use Fiverr and some other sites, but these days I don't really bother much with those sites anymore. Especially fiverr since they take too huge of a cut from your earnings. So I was wondering if you guys know of freelance sites/gig sites that pay you much better and don't take such a massive cut. I'm fine giving a little cut, but some of these sites take too much for the work you do. And honestly some of these sites don't even push your gig/work out there, so you're essentially paying them for nothing.

Any suggestions for alternatives?
Unfortunately, i do not know any alternative freelancing sites that do not take a big cut out of one's earnings. I never even knew fiverr takes a huge cut out of one's earnings as i don't work there.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back