What's new

Freelance sites/gig sites that don't take massive cuts of your profits

I think so too. Giving them 20% when withdrawing won't hurt so much. If it were not for them, you would struggle to get clients and those jobs. So I don't see that percentage as a massive cut at all.
Many people couldn't have even succeeded as freelancers if platforms like Fiverr and the rest of them did not exist. Anyone who uses his or her website will find it a bit difficult to get clients.

You have another interesting point but I think that the more established freelancing websites should have more responsibilities to take because they would need more hands to manage the business and there are lots of traffic to monitor.
You're right about that but establish freelancing platform do not just earn their money from the gigs their customers handle but even from paid ads and the rest.

Many people couldn't have even succeeded as freelancers if platforms like Fiverr and the rest of them did not exist. Anyone who uses his or her website will find it a bit difficult to get clients.
The website could serve as a platform to gain clients as a freelancer if it has large visit in a day. Such website would be a very good avenue for a freelancer to meet new clients.

I used to use Fiverr and some other sites, but these days I don't really bother much with those sites anymore. Especially fiverr since they take too huge of a cut from your earnings. So I was wondering if you guys know of freelance sites/gig sites that pay you much better and don't take such a massive cut. I'm fine giving a little cut, but some of these sites take too much for the work you do. And honestly some of these sites don't even push your gig/work out there, so you're essentially paying them for nothing.

Any suggestions for alternatives?
Most freelancers use Fiverr and it has many users, maybe that is the reason that they charge too much, great alternatives for Fiverr could be Upwork and Freelancer.

The website could serve as a platform to gain clients as a freelancer if it has large visit in a day. Such website would be a very good avenue for a freelancer to meet new clients.
If you are able to make your website very popular you will actually make a whole lot of money from it. But it is something that will take a whole lot of time.

You're right about that but establish freelancing platform do not just earn their money from the gigs their customers handle but even from paid ads and the rest.
There are a lot of sponsored post on freelancing website and I think it's where they generate the major income because I know that they have a lot of activities to implement in order to ensure the smooth running of the platform.

There are a lot of sponsored post on freelancing website and I think it's where they generate the major income because I know that they have a lot of activities to implement in order to ensure the smooth running of the platform.
That may be true actually because they wouldn't depend only on the cut they receive from freelancers although I am guessing that it would still be their major source of deriving revenue.

That may be true actually because they wouldn't depend only on the cut they receive from freelancers although I am guessing that it would still be their major source of deriving revenue.
I'm very certain that most of the freelancing sites does not depend only on the commission they received from members to manage the website, because it is a whole lot of responsibility.

I'm very certain that most of the freelancing sites does not depend only on the commission they received from members to manage the website, because it is a whole lot of responsibility.
They need a lot of money of take care of the site and make sure to use the latest technology always to make things very efficient and at the same time be able to make enough to pay themselves for their hard work.

They need a lot of money of take care of the site and make sure to use the latest technology always to make things very efficient and at the same time be able to make enough to pay themselves for their hard work.
It is not easy to create a platform where people would meet and make money. They were able to establish such a platform through a lot of hard work and they would also spend lots of money on advertisement.

Yeah, there are some experienced writers who use their websites to get clients for their writing jobs. Bit it is actually not something a newbie can do just like you have stated.

There are some platforms where writers make money, but I think that those freelancing platforms already deduct the fee "behind the scenes" and the writers may not realise this.

There are some platforms where writers make money, but I think that those freelancing platforms already deduct the fee "behind the scenes" and the writers may not realise this.
I am not going to support your submission on this, because it is hugely impossible for financing platforms to receive commission from a job received by a freelancer without him knowing.

It is not easy to create a platform where people would meet and make money. They were able to establish such a platform through a lot of hard work and they would also spend lots of money on advertisement.
Most times the maintenance fee is always bigger than the amount you need to set up the platform. This because you will always be in constant war with hackers and your platform growing out of date.

Most times the maintenance fee is always bigger than the amount you need to set up the platform. This because you will always be in constant war with hackers and your platform growing out of date.
There are lot of things involved in creating a paid to post forum like this there are so many people who have jumped into it without carrying through proper assessment to know the necessary challenges that is involved and they eventually jumped out.

I think that fiverr and upwork are reasonable when it comes to receiving commission from the job executed by the freelancers on their platforms and that is why these two freelancing website are very popular.

Of course they also generate money from sponsored post and ads. It is also another major way some freelancing platforms uses to generate their money apart from the commissions they get for any kind of job a freelancer does.

It is the responsibilities of each and every freelancers to carry out proper research on the platform that they want to showcase their gigs. They must understand the commission received by those platforms before joining.

It is the responsibilities of each and every freelancers to carry out proper research on the platform that they want to showcase their gigs. They must understand the commission received by those platforms before joining.
Knowing the opinion of other freelancers before signing up on a particular freelancing platform is important. That way you will not fall victim to some platforms that will exploit you.

Knowing the opinion of other freelancers before signing up on a particular freelancing platform is important. That way you will not fall victim to some platforms that will exploit you.
Making comparison of the commission that would be received by each and every freelancing site would be instrumental to knowing the best to pick because you wouldn't want to work and larger portion of your pay will go to the freelancing sites.

I used to use Fiverr and some other sites, but these days I don't really bother much with those sites anymore. Especially fiverr since they take too huge of a cut from your earnings. So I was wondering if you guys know of freelance sites/gig sites that pay you much better and don't take such a massive cut. I'm fine giving a little cut, but some of these sites take too much for the work you do. And honestly some of these sites don't even push your gig/work out there, so you're essentially paying them for nothing.

Any suggestions for alternatives?

Well that's for you, but there's something I noticed about this, even though they needs some token to maintain the platform, but don't you think they should charge not less than 15 percent, as they have many clients.
You will also need to factor the cost of advertisement, staff salaries overhead cost, taxes and other forms of logistics these cost also make them to charge you very high, but though I am not justifying there action

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back