Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I used to use Fiverr and some other sites, but these days I don't really bother much with those sites anymore. Especially fiverr since they take too huge of a cut from your earnings. So I was wondering if you guys know of freelance sites/gig sites that pay you much better and don't take such a massive cut. I'm fine giving a little cut, but some of these sites take too much for the work you do. And honestly some of these sites don't even push your gig/work out there, so you're essentially paying them for nothing.

Any suggestions for alternatives?

I do not really know the commissions charged by every single freelancing website, so I guess you would have to conduct detailed analysis into various platforms to see this information for yourself
I used to use Fiverr and some other sites, but these days I don't really bother much with those sites anymore. Especially fiverr since they take too huge of a cut from your earnings. So I was wondering if you guys know of freelance sites/gig sites that pay you much better and don't take such a massive cut. I'm fine giving a little cut, but some of these sites take too much for the work you do. And honestly some of these sites don't even push your gig/work out there, so you're essentially paying them for nothing.

Any suggestions for alternatives?

Most of the freelancing site take only 20 percent of the job fees and this is not much considering the work they do. They need money to run the site. And there are that collect money from client to pay you. Do you know it cost them money to sent your payment to you? To me, 20 percent is not much. But if you sites that don't take much, then you can try pro blogger, linkedin and other site that connect you with client.

I don't think the 20% cut is much because they need to maintain the platform. They are not the ones paying you because your clients pay you and they take certain percentage of your earnings to pay their workers. Every freelancing platform will do that.

I don't think the 20% cut is much because they need to maintain the platform. They are not the ones paying you because your clients pay you and they take certain percentage of your earnings to pay their workers. Every freelancing platform will do that.
There is no way the freelancing website would not receive their own commission out of the job you received because they provided the platform and they would maintain it and also pay their employees.

Well that's for you, but there's something I noticed about this, even though they needs some token to maintain the platform, but don't you think they should charge not less than 15 percent, as they have many clients.

I am ok with upto 20 percent cut. If the freelance sites take a huge chunk of your payment, you can always price your service higher. However, these days I don't work on freelance sites, I take freelancing contracts independently and I do not have to pay commission to anyone.

I am ok with upto 20 percent cut. If the freelance sites take a huge chunk of your payment, you can always price your service higher. However, these days I don't work on freelance sites, I take freelancing contracts independently and I do not have to pay commission to anyone.
That's a very good idea! You were able to accumulate contacts because you have been working as a freelancer for a very long time. It could be a credit for being in the niche for quite a long time.

There is no way the freelancing website would not receive their own commission out of the job you received because they provided the platform and they would maintain it and also pay their employees.
Definitely, they also workers that the pay money on monthly basis. It is from that 20% in which they take from freelancers they use to pay their workers and also maintain the platform.

It surprised me when I see people complaining that 20 percent is too much. These freelancing platforms are really doing a lot of work. And I think in all honesty that they deserve the 20 percent.

I think most freelancing websites, atleast for the ones that I know, wouldn't take so much from the money you make as a freelancer. You should probably go get registered with Fiverr.
You have a very good point because there are so many freelancing website that would want to take a huge portion of from the money you made on their platform. I think the percentage commission for fiverr reasonable.

I think most freelancing websites, atleast for the ones that I know, wouldn't take so much from the money you make as a freelancer. You should probably go get registered with Fiverr.
Yeah, in my opinion as a beginner you should start using Fiverr but you should understand that the competition is high. They usually do not take massive cuts from freelancers' profit and that is why so many people are using it.

Taking some amount of fee is necessary. This is because many freelancing platforms have employees and they need to pay their employees. if they do not deduct fee, then their business would suffer.

Taking some amount of fee is necessary. This is because many freelancing platforms have employees and they need to pay their employees. if they do not deduct fee, then their business would suffer.
Probably, I think it is the right of any freelancer who is not comfortable with the fees to stop working on the website if he or she wishes. But that does not change the fact that the fees are very necessary.

Probably, I think it is the right of any freelancer who is not comfortable with the fees to stop working on the website if he or she wishes. But that does not change the fact that the fees are very necessary.
You're right. I know some writer who work on their own. I mean, they create their website and have people who wishes to hire do through their website. But this is not something a beginner writer can do. To me, I will say again, 20 percent is not too much for freelancing platforms to take.

You have a very good point because there are so many freelancing website that would want to take a huge portion of from the money you made on their platform. I think the percentage commission for fiverr reasonable.
Those who would want to take a big portion from your earnings bare usually those that are just getting started and so need huge maintenance fee. But Fiverr have been existing for long and have diverse ways they make money.

Those who would want to take a big portion from your earnings bare usually those that are just getting started and so need huge maintenance fee. But Fiverr have been existing for long and have diverse ways they make money.
You have another interesting point but I think that the more established freelancing websites should have more responsibilities to take because they would need more hands to manage the business and there are lots of traffic to monitor.

You're right. I know some writer who work on their own. I mean, they create their website and have people who wishes to hire do through their website. But this is not something a beginner writer can do. To me, I will say again, 20 percent is not too much for freelancing platforms to take.
Yeah, there are some experienced writers who use their websites to get clients for their writing jobs. Bit it is actually not something a newbie can do just like you have stated.

It surprised me when I see people complaining that 20 percent is too much. These freelancing platforms are really doing a lot of work. And I think in all honesty that they deserve the 20 percent.
I think so too. Giving them 20% when withdrawing won't hurt so much. If it were not for them, you would struggle to get clients and those jobs. So I don't see that percentage as a massive cut at all.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back