What's new

Free Hosted Website vs. Self Hosted Website: Advantages and Disadvantages

Thats correct. If Google decides to shut down your blogger account, your website will lso be gone. The website is still a blogger blog. the only difference is you are using your own domain

It is always very good to go for self-hosted because it has a lot of advantages over free hosted platform. Free hosted can be deleted by Google.

I do get this your explanation. I just do think that the restrictions on free hosted sites are much and you can't even be approved for AdSense so its better I leave it.

I do not think self hosted websites can be compared with free hosted websites. Free websites are not your websites, they can be shut down at any time.

There is nothing good in free webhost company. The only free webhost company that I know is 000webhost. And the best for blog is blogspot by google

I do not think self hosted websites can be compared with free hosted websites. Free websites are not your websites, they can be shut down at any time.
True indeed.
One of the disadvantages of free site is it does not look profession as you have a subdomain. The main advantage of self hosted site it is approved by ad networks like adsense, infolinks etc. and you can make money by running ads. the main disadvantage of self-hosted site is you need to be technically sound to operate self hosted site.

Self hosted are simply for the basic knowledge of owning a website. When the experience grows then it is good to buy domain and hosting plan to migrate to self hosted website.

The post is an eye opener to the intending website owner. Personally, I prefer free hosted websites because it cost ma nothing as a new owner of a website.

Free hosting is not a good option, it is just like selling goods or doing business in a shop or space you didn't pay for, you can be evicted at any time so far you aren't paying for it. I prefer buying a hosting and a domain, that way I have full control over my website.

Free hosted sites don't have custom domains,as your extension will end with the platforms extension which most of the time is not cool

Self hosted are simply for the basic knowledge of owning a website. When the experience grows then it is good to buy domain and hosting plan to migrate to self hosted website.
self hosted means you buy a domain and hosting to launch your website. Self-hosted is another word for a website that you build by buying your own domain and hosting.

self hosted means you buy a domain and hosting to launch your website. Self-hosted is another word for a website that you build by buying your own domain and hosting.
I understand already, when the domain and hosting plan is acquired it means it is now self hosted by the website owner. I am planning to move owner to website flipping business after graduation from college this year. I've gotten enough knowledge which I need to get going into this kind of business.

Even though I don't have website at the moment, but it is really fun learning from talented and educated members here on different issues. Whatever issues brought to this forum must be sorted out any how. Thanks for sharing.

I don't think free hosted website can be compared with self hosted website. Free hosted websites are for novices who have no desire to build big traffic or revenue.

Both free facilitated site and self-facilitated site enjoys its benefits. However, it is in every case best to utilize self-facilitated site as in your side can't be ended like the free facilitated site. Obviously it is yours and nobody can remove it from you with the exception of you need to sell it.

Self hosted website are efficient and reliable but then you are to renew your hosting and domain and this normally costs a lot of money and also it also you need to have the money available so as not to be stranded

Benefits of Self-Hosting Your Website

There are many benefits of having a self-hosted website. For example, self-hosting a website gives you the full range of flexibility and customization you want to have over your website. Your options for custom design features, custom domain names, plugins, and more are virtually limitless.

The advantage of free site that you can grow up your community step by step. For non approval of some networks for blogspot or wordpress free sites for advertising this is an admin choice so if it is not approved either for placing ads or being a publisher there is many other platforms that could approve your free site so it is not end of the world. Half of blog tasks (visit 10 pages+click ad) are blogspot blogs on Pico or Rapidworkers so it is not a problem.

when I was a beginner a few years ago I used a free host but I was not satisfied. you don't have full access to your site, you have certain s.a.m.d resources and I said I'd better give $ 10 to a good host.

Having a premium blog is always better than a free blog hosting because not only will features available to you will be limited, you wouldn't look professional when you present such to people or clients either.
To have total control, use premium hosting plans.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back