What's new

Did you ever use free hosting with a free domain?

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
There are a lot of companies that offer free hosting, you can host your website for forever free, however, there are some conditions attached, such as the company will place its ads on your site, you will get a limited band with and disk space, your website will go offline for some time every 24 hours, etc. There are also companies offering free domains. Have you tried free hosting services with a free domain? What free web host did you try? What was the free domain you used? How long we you on a free hosting?

Last edited:
It was possible to get free hosting with a free domain in the past, assuming the free host allowed .tk etc.. Anyhow, nowadays, it's a bit impossible unless you can get something close like some $1 .com deal for the first year of which you could point the nameservers to free hosting.

In the past you could use freenom domains with free hosting companies like 000webhost, so practically, you would be running a website with a free domain and free hosting. These days I do not think freenom offers free domains, however, free hosts like 000webhost still exist.

I don't know anywhere to get a free domain these days, except with really freaky places that nobody knows of.

In the past you could use freenom domains with free hosting companies like 000webhost, so practically, you would be running a website with a free domain and free hosting. These days I do not think freenom offers free domains, however, free hosts like 000webhost still exist.
000Webhost gives out a free subdomain, not a free domain.

I don't know anywhere to get a free domain these days, except with really freaky places that nobody knows of.

000Webhost gives out a free subdomain, not a free domain.
Yeah, I know that. I was trying to tell the free domain name provider freenom no longer works, but the free webhost 000webhost still exist. A lot of web hosts also offer free domain if you buy their hosting package and pay for at least one year hosting bill

I hosted a site with a free domain, however the domain was a sub domain and the site is still alive till today. I gave up on the site since there was no option to transfer site or host it somewhere else.

When I made my first ever website it was a free one. It had a free domain and free host. Of course free isn't always good as I doubt I had any support from the host. Also I didn't keep the site for long and moved on to something else eventually.

Technically I got a free subdomain back when I was hosting with x10, but I’ve never truly found a free domain. I’ve paid for all of my domains.

I’ve enjoyed a lot of free hosting over the years.

Technically I got a free subdomain back when I was hosting with x10, but I’ve never truly found a free domain. I’ve paid for all of my domains.

I’ve enjoyed a lot of free hosting over the years.
Except for a test site, I have never used free hosting. I used 000webhost. There were some drawbacks but it was all because I did not have to spend money. I used free domains form freenom. But they discontinued the service.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back