What's new

Free Hosted Website vs. Self Hosted Website: Advantages and Disadvantages

I never knew the difference between a free and a self hosted website. From your explanation above, i guess i prefer a free hosted website to a self hosted website.

Free hosted websites are the websites that you can get from wordpress, blogspot, weebly, wix, etc. Self hosted website is a website that you build by buying a domain and hosting. Free hosted websites are build on subdomains, for example, yoursite.wordpress.com, mysite.weebly.com, oursite.blogspot.com. Self hosted website is build on a custom domain mysite.com, yoursite.net, etc. Free sites are completely free, however, you need to spend money on domain and hosting to launch a self hosted website.

Advantages and Disadvantages of free hosted sites and self hosted sites

One of the main advantages of free hosted site is you have nothing to lose. While ad networks like adsense does not approve free site (except, blogspot), you can still use Amazon ads and make money from your free site.

You can share your opinion

The decision of whether to use a freehosted website or self-hosted website depends on your specific needs and preferences. Generally speaking, freehosted websites are great for basic websites that don't require a lot of customization, while self-hosted websites are better for more complex websites that require more customization. Self-hosted websites also offer more control over the features and design of the website, as well as increased scalability and performance. However, self-hosted websites require more effort and technical knowledge in order to set up and maintain the website

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back