What's new

Ever had to deal with a bad staff member on your own forum?

There was a staff member who was always looking for trouble with the people in the community and that is something that we found against so we had to bring him to caution.

you should not give any member of your team such opportunity to constantly twat your others or become rebellious as it would affect your goals and visions and the things you plan to achieve on the long run.

First of the time, if the mistake isn't big you can give the staff another chance to correct his mistake and generally this is what happens small mistakes from time to time doesn't end relationship of work immediatelly. But redo them may stop work relationship.

Hiring a professional and courteous team is one of the main aspects of blogging or creating a forum that consists of good team members. So, it is much better to interview a person before making them a moderator.

We are all human and make mistakes from time to time, but I can say that everyone will be judged according to their actions even if I have never owned a forum.

If it's possible, ranking can be introduced where members will be taking each rank based on their contribution to the forum. The member who are in highest rank ma be the only people who can change a forum theme.
Without bragging, I think I have try my best in most forum that I belong

It's unprofessional to not to inform the owner before they do such major changes. I have never dealt with such staff members. I did come across staff members who challenge my authority from time to time, but it wasn't bad enough for me to take action.

I do let go most of the things unless they become intolerable to other members.

I usually do not hire someone new to monitor my forum. Well, let's just say I am emotionally attached to my website and I wouldn't want anything to happen to it, anytime soon.

It's unprofessional to not to inform the owner before they do such major changes. I have never dealt with such staff members. I did come across staff members who challenge my authority from time to time, but it wasn't bad enough for me to take action.

I do let go most of the things unless they become intolerable to other members.

I usually do not hire someone new to monitor my forum. Well, let's just say I am emotionally attached to my website and I wouldn't want anything to happen to it, anytime soon.

Well, I guess that this is also one of the main reasons it would be hard to hire someone as a moderator before you actually personally know them. This is why I think that hiring someone could be really tricky.

Have you ever had to deal with a bad staff member on one of your own forums? If so, what did you do to confront the person and did they get a demotion or even banned? There was one time I made the mistake on hiring someone that I didn't really know at all. I promoted this member to Admin, which was a very bad idea. One day I logged back into the forum and had noticed that my other admin deleted the theme I had installed, and they installed themes that didn't fit the niche of my forum. I'm lucky they didn't try to remove subforums or posts. I immediately banned them and now I'm weary about hiring staff on my forums. This was thankfully on a Proboards forum so it was pretty easy to reinstall the default theme and delete the other unrelated ones.
This never happened to me because I'm not having forum opportunity for others to hire and they does this kind of misbehave to me. But I will suggest you going to hire any person for your work related to any business try to confirm that he is good for your work or not check skills of that person as well that will be beneficial for you and for your work.

Currently I reallyI don't own a forum, but I am poster on a couple of forums. I never have had to deal with any bad members on any forum, except some minor disagreements over some problems

Currently I reallyI don't own a forum, but I am poster on a couple of forums. I never have had to deal with any bad members on any forum, except some minor disagreements over some problems

I also do not own a forum but the idea of having a forum has fascinated me a lot. This is because you can earn good amount of money if you have a forum and if you participate a lot.

Very true. They should be limitations to what they can do on the forum. If it's possible, ranking can be introduced where members will be taking each rank based on their contribution to the forum. The member who are in highest rank ma be the only people who can change a forum theme.
very excellent suggestions, this would help to stop some excesses of some forum admins and how they relate with there members as well, and also it would increase productivity as well.

I think there are several ways to handle bad members in a forum depending on the policies or rules and regulations of the forum. these can be done by sanctions of necessary banned for some period of time.

There was a staff member who was always looking for trouble with the people in the community and that is something that we found against so we had to bring him to caution.
A crucial component of developing a forum that comprises of competent colleagues is recruiting a proficient and polite workforce. Therefore, it is
preferable to evaluate someone before designating them as an administrator.

Very true. They should be limitations to what they can do on the forum. If it's possible, ranking can be introduced where members will be taking each rank based on their contribution to the forum. The member who are in highest rank ma be the only people who can change a forum theme.
ranking you staffs would be a very welcome development as it would definitely tell them you are watching there every move and that alone would breed seriousness on your forum or organisation

I've not been privilege to have a forum for myself but I've had so many bad encounter with my staff members but I've always been able to settle any issues with workers

Have you ever had to deal with a bad staff member on one of your own forums? If so, what did you do to confront the person and did they get a demotion or even banned? There was one time I made the mistake on hiring someone that I didn't really know at all. I promoted this member to Admin, which was a very bad idea. One day I logged back into the forum and had noticed that my other admin deleted the theme I had installed, and they installed themes that didn't fit the niche of my forum. I'm lucky they didn't try to remove subforums or posts. I immediately banned them and now I'm weary about hiring staff on my forums. This was thankfully on a Proboards forum so it was pretty easy to reinstall the default theme and delete the other unrelated ones.
I believe it is critical to provide clear rules to the personnel you intend to recruit for your forum so that they refrain from doing anything incorrect or enforce decisions without your permission.

I think it is not ethical to make changes or do something without the permission of the forum owner, if they trust you, it doesn't mean, do anything that you want.

A crucial component of developing a forum that comprises of competent colleagues is recruiting a proficient and polite workforce. Therefore, it is
preferable to evaluate someone before designating them as an administrator.

Politeness is very important in any kind of matter, especially when you run a website or a forum. This also involves being really courteous to other members as well, even if you are the admin or owner.

Politeness is very important in any kind of matter, especially when you run a website or a forum. This also involves being really courteous to other members as well, even if you are the admin or owner.
This is an astute observation. It is important to be respectful and cordial when you are in a forum with other individuals, because after all, the forum is a means of interaction.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back