What's new

Ever deal with a DDoS attack done by just bots?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I don't know if it's possible, but is there a possibility that a ton of bots join a website and end up causing a DDoS attack? I imagine most people that do targeted DDoS attacks will do something like this, but are there ever times where a site mistakenly draws in a ton of bots? Or is it only ever a person sending the bots to the site? I'm just curious if there is a possible threat of that ever happening to a site owner.

I once had to deal with DDoS attacks twice on the same site in the interlude of two days. After the first attack, my web host automatically secured my site, but when the second attack came, I had to use Cloudflare. I do not know what caused DDoS, I do not know whether it was a bot or a human.

Yes, of course it's possible for a website to face a DDoS attack orchestrated by a large number of bots. While targeted attacks by individuals occur, unintentional bot influxes can also lead to disruptions. Site owners need a good, strong and healthy security measures to mitigate such threats.

I once had to deal with DDoS attacks twice on the same site in the interlude of two days. After the first attack, my web host automatically secured my site, but when the second attack came, I had to use Cloudflare. I do not know what caused DDoS, I do not know whether it was a bot or a human.
I'm sorry to hear that. I would imagine a human started it, but send bots to your site over and over. That's of course a guess, but I can't imagine they got a ton of people to access the site at once.

Yes, of course it's possible for a website to face a DDoS attack orchestrated by a large number of bots. While targeted attacks by individuals occur, unintentional bot influxes can also lead to disruptions. Site owners need a good, strong and healthy security measures to mitigate such threats.
Exactly. Security is key whenever it comes to ddos attacks. Good security will go a long way in stopping attacks.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back