What's new

Do your users ever host their own special events on your forum?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
It's one thing to host a fun event for your forum or site, but have your users ever took it upon themselves to run an event of their own on your forum or site? I have allowed some users on my forums to host events in the past, and they were quite fun. Have you ever allowed your users to do stuff like that?

I do not have a lot of activities on my forums and my users have never hosted special events on my forum. However, I have seen users hosting events on other forms. I have even seen contests from normal users that awarded form currency.

I do not have a lot of activities on my forums and my users have never hosted special events on my forum. However, I have seen users hosting events on other forms. I have even seen contests from normal users that awarded form currency.
Yeah it's not always a common thing. Would you consider letting your users host events on your site or forum? Events are usually put on by site owners or mods, but I've seen some users take the lead themselves. I think it's usually long time users who do it though.

I would certainly allow that if the users are willing to do it. However, the problem I have is I do not have a lot of users and I do not have loyal users. Most of my activities are from paid users.

I would certainly allow that if the users are willing to do it. However, the problem I have is I do not have a lot of users and I do not have loyal users. Most of my activities are from paid users.
Ah ok. Once you see a rise in real users you might get some who want to help out, maybe not by hosting events, but maybe putting out the word about the site. Do you have a referral program on your site? Like if a user gets a friend of theirs to sign up. That sometimes help if the incentive to do so is there. Maybe they get a special badge when they invite a certain amount. Or they get a gift card for the most users joined.

But yeah, paid posters probably won't do that. But you could include it in their pay to do events maybe. Could be a fun way to maybe draw people in. Do an event for a game night and invite everyone on social media. Could do a give away as well. Though not ideal could draw extra people in.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back