What's new

Ever had to deal with a bad staff member on your own forum?

Ravenfreak

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Nov 22, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever had to deal with a bad staff member on one of your own forums? If so, what did you do to confront the person and did they get a demotion or even banned? There was one time I made the mistake on hiring someone that I didn't really know at all. I promoted this member to Admin, which was a very bad idea. One day I logged back into the forum and had noticed that my other admin deleted the theme I had installed, and they installed themes that didn't fit the niche of my forum. I'm lucky they didn't try to remove subforums or posts. I immediately banned them and now I'm weary about hiring staff on my forums. This was thankfully on a Proboards forum so it was pretty easy to reinstall the default theme and delete the other unrelated ones.

This is why whenever I hire any staff, I make to give the staff his or her full work descriptions and they don't have any business to do more than what I asked then to do. If there's need for me to delegate extra work, I'd update the staff. Fortunately, I haven't hired one of the silly one's yet and if I did, I'd terminate the job immediately if it's too much for me to bear.

Have you ever had to deal with a bad staff member on one of your own forums? If so, what did you do to confront the person and did they get a demotion or even banned? There was one time I made the mistake on hiring someone that I didn't really know at all. I promoted this member to Admin, which was a very bad idea. One day I logged back into the forum and had noticed that my other admin deleted the theme I had installed, and they installed themes that didn't fit the niche of my forum. I'm lucky they didn't try to remove subforums or posts. I immediately banned them and now I'm weary about hiring staff on my forums. This was thankfully on a Proboards forum so it was pretty easy to reinstall the default theme and delete the other unrelated ones.
Well, for me I have never in any chance own a forum but I guess this happens, we are all humans and we do the wrong thing sometime, but I can say everyone will receive his or her judgement according to his deeds.

This is why whenever I hire any staff, I make to give the staff his or her full work descriptions and they don't have any business to do more than what I asked then to do. If there's need for me to delegate extra work, I'd update the staff. Fortunately, I haven't hired one of the silly one's yet and if I did, I'd terminate the job immediately if it's too much for me to bear.

I think that staff members should be lenient and have great attitude towards other members. Being strict unnecessarily may not help. In fact, it could even lead to many members leaving the forum.

you should not give any member of your team such opportunity to constantly twat your others or become rebellious as it would affect your goals and visions and the things you plan to achieve on the long run.

I don't own a forum, but I am poster on a couple of forums. I never have had to deal with any bad members on any forum, except some minor disagreements over some issues.

I have never had to deal with a bad staff in my forum, I don't have a forum yet, but even if I have I would decipline all the staff working on the forum because they most all obey the Do's and don'ts.

I suggest one need to test and know the type of person they want to make staff member before making them one that's so as to avoid mistakes. And any act of indiscipline should be adequately addressed.

That shouldn't stopped your from hiring staff or admins for your forum. You can't do it alone. Those your admin are very insensitive individuals who deserve to be punished. When hiring new staffs or members for your forum again, make sure you give them rules they should follow. And don't just promote anybody to admin.

First of the time, if the mistake isn't big you can give the staff another chance to correct his mistake and generally this is what happens small mistakes from time to time doesn't end relationship of work immediatelly. But redo them may stop work relationship.

I think it's a very difficult task to do away with bad staff in any business organisation both online and offline. try to find out reason behind their attitude before further action.

I've seen how a bad staff maltreat people in a forum before, he was always partial and usually ban people from posting for silly reasons, until when the owner of the forum found out.

you should not give any member of your team such opportunity to constantly twat your others or become rebellious as it would affect your goals and visions and the things you plan to achieve on the long run.
Very true. They should be limitations to what they can do on the forum. If it's possible, ranking can be introduced where members will be taking each rank based on their contribution to the forum. The member who are in highest rank ma be the only people who can change a forum theme.

I don't have my own forum, but I would suggest that it's important to give clear guidelines to the staff that you want to hire for your forum so that they don't do anything wrong or make any changes to it without your consent.

I don't have my own forum, but I would suggest that it's important to give clear guidelines to the staff that you want to hire for your forum so that they don't do anything wrong or make any changes to it without your consent.

Dealing with bad people is a very common thing in your life. You may need to deal with such kind of people in your real life and in the online world as well. I think that it would be much better to avoid such kind of people who are rude to you.

Dealing with bad people is a very common thing in your life. You may need to deal with such kind of people in your real life and in the online world as well. I think that it would be much better to avoid such kind of people who are rude to you.
That's indeed a great tip👍

That's indeed a great tip👍

Getting bullied online is now becoming a really big issue. We must know that internet could have a big negative effect on the mental health of many people. This is something people in the olden days never used to experience.

Well I had in past when I was part of team on famous digital marketing web forum and he is always bully to us specially because of his experience and sometime it demotivate us and after long time 4 of us resign and left the website to avoid the issue.

Only once. This was down to him being careless. He was acting as if he didn't care to be a staff member any longer and said it all the time publically on the forum so his status was removed and he had all his friends spamming the forum.

Currently I dont have a forum but I believe alot of forums are dealing with such issues and it's inevitable because in one way or the other a member may overstep his fellow and will be the problem to faced.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back