What's new

Does the time of year effect sales?

Does weather affect business & sales? It depends on the industry. For example, in the Retail and Food Industries, Certain months and “seasons” like Christmas might have peaked sales, while in January, sales targets will reach the bottom low in comparison with other months, as a result of customers having a more significant expenditure in Christmas and to put it simply, they’ve run of money to spend in the January Month. Can you think of any more examples, and do you think the time of year affects sales?
There are many periodic commodities that may be tough to generate a big amount of money with in a given period, but will provide you a very quick profit at other times. This is due to the demand increasing within a particular period.

There are many periodic commodities that may be tough to generate a big amount of money with in a given period, but will provide you a very quick profit at other times. This is due to the demand increasing within a particular period.

There are many people who start selling certain kinds of products, but the prices of such kind of commodities may increase. One such kind of product is shrimps, as their price increase during certain times.

There are many people who start selling certain kinds of products, but the prices of such kind of commodities may increase. One such kind of product is shrimps, as their price increase during certain times.
This point is bang on. There are certain kinds of goods and even services that increase in price at a particular period or season. For example, one service that appreciates in price during periodic festivities is the transport service.

Some business do have season just like the holy bible says that "there's time and season for everything under heaven". For instance, asphalt and other road construction materials do not usually sell when there's rain.

things like buildings and others are likely to slow down since everyone will be concentrating to enjoy their Christmas.using palm oil as an example , during the season of palm oil , the price is always down so people prefer hoarding it and selling it after

Does weather affect business & sales? It depends on the industry. For example, in the Retail and Food Industries, Certain months and “seasons” like Christmas might have peaked sales, while in January, sales targets will reach the bottom low in comparison with other months, as a result of customers having a more significant expenditure in Christmas and to put it simply, they’ve run of money to spend in the January Month. Can you think of any more examples, and do you think the time of year affects sales?
It depends on what business you are doing, for example if you are selling warm clothes than it's business will not go well during the summer and for some businesses even the days of the week matters.

You can use this seasonality of buying power to build a business. In my country, we produce and harvest food crops during the rainy season. People buy them in bulk and store them (which can be stressful) and sell them during the dry season when prices go up.

Yeah ,because there are some products which are actually periodic products, individuals wouldn't buy extra warm clothing when it summer they would only consider doing this in the Winter and there other numerous products that does well in the winter so they purchase them down and also some are being affected by it

Time of sales really affect sales like seriously because from what I know all the item that is been sold at the festive period may not really convert well after the festive period so I think that time of year do affect sales

Yes, because there are many things that don't sell well during specific times of the year. For example, people wouldn't buy extra warm clothing in the summer; they would only think about doing this in the winter.

Yes it does, but mostly depend on the type of products. Even on seasonal period or at a certain season of the year it is not all products that we will be highly demanded , only a specific one will.

I think that the stocks of certain companies also rise during some specific period. I think that this means that some people might be inclined to purchase certain kinds of products during certain seasons.

I think that the stocks of certain companies also rise during some specific period. I think that this means that some people might be inclined to purchase certain kinds of products during certain seasons.
I definitely agree with you on that. Some companies are able to record a large profit turnover during some specific periods due to the mass sale of a product designed for that particular season.

Almost all the business have their own season , for example selling of maize is always cheap and readily available during the raining season but its scarce and cost during the dry season .

I definitely agree with you on that. Some companies are able to record a large profit turnover during some specific periods due to the mass sale of a product designed for that particular season.

In order to make huge sales and cope with the rising demand, such kind of companies boost their production in order to deal with the high supply and this is a very common thing.

In order to make huge sales and cope with the rising demand, such kind of companies boost their production in order to deal with the high supply and this is a very common thing.
This is an astute observation. Companies which have their highest patronage and sales at specific periods will always prepare when that time is around the corner. The factors of production will be enhanced and intensified

This is an astute observation. Companies which have their highest patronage and sales at specific periods will always prepare when that time is around the corner. The factors of production will be enhanced and intensified

This is why there are many companies that conduct businesses seasonally as well. They manufacture specific kinds of products at specific times only and when people need those products.

This is why there are many companies that conduct businesses seasonally as well. They manufacture specific kinds of products at specific times only and when people need those products.
This is a credible observation that you have made. Some companies are aware that their products thrive best and record the most sales in a certain season so will act on this by mass producing the merchandise to satisfy the throng of customers

This is a credible observation that you have made. Some companies are aware that their products thrive best and record the most sales in a certain season so will act on this by mass producing the merchandise to satisfy the throng of customers

Yes, there are many companies that limit the manufacturing of certain products and boost the manufacturing of other products and I think that market survey provides good idea to these companies about what people actually want.

Yes, there are many companies that limit the manufacturing of certain products and boost the manufacturing of other products and I think that market survey provides good idea to these companies about what people actually want.
I agree with your sentiments. Market survey is quite a smart way to gauge what your customers prefer, and it provides relevant information on how people see the business at large

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back