Owner
Staff member
Administrative Team
1000 Posts Club
May 4, 2015
USD
$109.8000USD
Biznotes
Does weather affect business & sales? It depends on the industry. For example, in the Retail and Food Industries, Certain months and “seasons” like Christmas might have peaked sales, while in January, sales targets will reach the bottom low in comparison with other months, as a result of customers having a more significant expenditure in Christmas and to put it simply, they’ve run of money to spend in the January Month. Can you think of any more examples, and do you think the time of year affects sales?

I think it matters for example the food companies might sell more food at the winter since people stay at their homes more than usual because of the rain and then they will eat more than if they weren't home. And in the summer pool companies will earn much more than in the winter since it is not simple to swim in a pool while its raining, and then they earn more depending on the season.
So in conclusion seasons definitely effect some companies and it is an important fact for them that they cannot ignore.

Yeah , cos there are some products which are actually periodic products, individuals wouldn't buy extra warm clothing when it summer they would only consider doing this in the Winter and there other numerous products which wouldn't sell well at a particular time or season of the year.

The time of year definitely does affect sales.. for example, during the period of festival, the sales of most commodities are usually very high compare to period that isn't festivals. Most people tends to buy things to look good for the festival

Yes anything that deals with food will always sell high during the Christmas festive period.. but things like buildings and others are likely to slow down since everyone will be concentrating to enjoy their Christmas.

Does weather affect business & sales? It depends on the industry. For example, in the Retail and Food Industries, Certain months and “seasons” like Christmas might have peaked sales, while in January, sales targets will reach the bottom low in comparison with other months, as a result of customers having a more significant expenditure in Christmas and to put it simply, they’ve run of money to spend in the January Month. Can you think of any more examples, and do you think the time of year affects sales?
I agree not every industry gets affected by the weather. Some industries do get affected by weather, mostly including the food industry and textile industry. We can not consume certain food in every weather. The reason can be the following:
1. Not all crops, vegetables, and fruits grow in every season.
2. Consuming certain food during certain seasons can cause problems.
The Winter season demands woolen clothes and the summer season demands cotton. This industry is likely to get affected by the season.

The fact of getting salary after a delay of some days in several companies could affect sales because some company may pay their employees with a delay of 4 or 5 days to lack of funds and then they will not have money to go to retailers in this case.

Sure, season affect sales because there are some business that don't thrive in specific climatic seasons. You can't be an Ice cream seller and you'd be expecting to make great sales during winter. You'd sell more in summer

I don't work with sales but I do with advertisement and I can tell you it does. Two times when people are spending more are during the holiday season (Mid November to late December) and late Spring to early Summer. The first quarter of the year are the lowest while the last quarter is the highest.

The time of the years normally affect the sale of produce , most especially crops and foods , each produce has it own season and the price are lesser during their season but because of hoarding of foodstuff , the price increased sporadically when its not their season.

It is very correct that time and season affect the sales of a business. In my restaurant and bar business, I often record high volume of sales in the festive period and this marks my peak period of sales. Opposite is the case when it is not the festive period.

I agree that time of year affects sales, either big or small business. It depends on the needs of the buyers. It also happens for school supplies, sale is a lot bigger at the beginning of school year compare to the succeeding months.

Sure it does affect sales. The beginning of the year usually witness low sales. This is due to the fact that a lot of people are not having much money due to end of year expenses.

Yes, I think time of year affects sales. If I talk about my country, people of my country prefer buying and eating deep fried fish mostly during winters. In winters, I see fresh fish in every market. Same is the case with hot soups. It's sale increases during winters.

It is true that sales of some commodities increases in certain season of the year
if you're into clothing, you would sell a higher quality of the clothes during the festive period. it is also applicable to someone who manages a bar business because you will record high turnover in the festive periods.

Here on rainy season , people are likely to choose certain clothing material than others. The main reason for this selection is to select the most suitable clothing material for the weather. This indicate that most times of the year will definitely affect selves

Here on rainy season , people are likely to choose certain clothing material than others. The main reason for this selection is to select the most suitable clothing material for the weather. This indicate that most times of the year will definitely affect selves
This is why the season affect the sales of a particular goods and services. During the dry season, water satchet business in my country often record high turnover rate but during the rainy season, the turnover rate is usually very low.

Last edited:
This is why the season affect the size of a particular goods and services. During the dry season, water satchet business in my country often record high turnover rate but during the rainy season, the turnover rate is usually very low.
That's another example. Every season of the years would always have a significant impact on the type of products or services to be on high demand. . this is just sachets water. Not to talk of some food on some season.

I dont really know about many sales but i definitely knows that the time of the years normally affect the sales and the price of agricultural produce , using palm oil as an example , during the season of palm oil , the price is always down so people prefer hoarding it and selling it after its season.

I dont really know about many sales but i definitely knows that the time of the years normally affect the sales and the price of agricultural produce , using palm oil as an example , during the season of palm oil , the price is always down so people prefer hoarding it and selling it after its season.
The reason for a decrease in the price of oil at the time is always because of the excess supply. During Christmas season you will always come to understand that the price will definitely be high.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back