What's new

Does listening to music with concentration?

I don't do this but I have a friend who listen to music always. he will also be playing music on the background whenever he is Reading and I wonder how is concentrating on what he is Reading.

It depends on the individuals , there are some people that listening to music helps them concentrate when they are readings while some likes reading in a noisy place but some cannot concentrate in a noisy place or listen to music while reading, they prefer a silent place ,
That is absolutely true and I have actually met with such students in school and I must say that they are really finding it difficult especially when everywhere is noisy.

That is absolutely true and I have actually met with such students in school and I must say that they are really finding it difficult especially when everywhere is noisy.
I can't really shake off their sure that I do have when he said that some students actually prefers to read in a noisy environment as from my understanding of the human brain and mind I only feel that we can be able to assimilate whatever we read or think about only when we are in silent and concentrating and not when music is being played or a noisy background environment.

I like listening to music when I am working because its gives me joy I really have passion in music, music help me to concentrate when I am working.

Well I must say it depends on the individual because I've seen some people that are comfortable with music when studying and some who can't seem to concentrate when studying and their is music on
When I was younger, I loved listening to Celine Dion it made me fall asleep easily but now I guess my body is used to it even if I listen to Terry G I would still sleep.

This depends on individual character and addict. Some may feel distracted while listening to music during study while some feel concentrated. As for me, I enjoy listening to music while studying. It make me assimilate and concetrate on the study. However, Im not encouraging other people to engage in similar act.

I can't really shake off their sure that I do have when he said that some students actually prefers to read in a noisy environment as from my understanding of the human brain and mind I only feel that we can be able to assimilate whatever we read or think about only when we are in silent and concentrating and not when music is being played or a noisy background environment.
There are exceptional individuals that can read even in a hall where music is booming at high sound and so you should not think only silent places guarantee comprehension.

There are many Articles worldwide, that you can find on Google and Bing that state that listening to music while studying or working can drastically help with concentration. A lot of businesses and schools are allowing listening to the radio/music to their employees or students. Let's debate, does it help with concentration and make us more productive in the work or school place?
Yes music can help to have better concentration while we are doing our work. However, I think a light instrumental music, non-invasive, with low voice and suitable to our ears, can help in the positive direction. A very aggressive jumping music, can distract us completely from the work.

I don't do this but I have a friend who listen to music always. he will also be playing music on the background whenever he is Reading and I wonder how is concentrating on what he is Reading.

Yes, even I wonder how is this possible. You must focus on one specific thing rather than focusing on many different things at one time. Sometimes it is even difficult to focus on one thing. :)

There are exceptional individuals that can read even in a hall where music is booming at high sound and so you should not think only silent places guarantee comprehension.
I haven't come across such exceptional people that can be able to be reading in a place where music is being played in high-volume and just kind of people will tell me that they are reading and their understanding it it is quite impossible as far as I am concerned.

There was a time I tried it and it worked, another time I tried it didn't work. I don't know what I did wrong the second time

I easily get attached to the music l listen to. I will be easily carried away. The only time I combine listening to music us when I am just relaxing at home or washing some clothes or catching fun. Any serious activities like reading and writing will be devastating.

Last edited:
I easily get attached to the music l listen to. I will be easily Carried away. The only time I combine listening to music was when I am just relaxing at home or washing some clothes or catching fun. Any serious activities like reading it writing will be devastating.
You are just like me. I get carried away easily by music. So I won't listen to music while doing any serious activities that requires my full concentration.

Aside from the fact of the concentration music gives me when carrying out certain designing tasks, I don't listen to it when I want to study. It will be a great distraction to me
Most people believe that's when they listen to music it helps them to concentrate more and do their work effectively and properly they are even most people who read with music but it is not applied to every individual.

There was a time I tried it and it worked, another time I tried it didn't work. I don't know what I did wrong the second time
Maybe it also depends on the nature of the music. Some music are really soothing and helps in making our work more productive whereas there are also some set of songs which pile up the negative feelings during work.

When I was in school and studying for tests and exams,I needed quiet no music to study for my tests and exams.I love listening to music a lot.
Wow that's very nice. We are both the same when it comes to music and concentration. I also love to hear the music and study for examinations and quizzes. But I will choose to listen to all of my favorite songs and music.

Wow that's very nice. We are both the same when it comes to music and concentration. I also love to hear the music and study for examinations and quizzes. But I will choose to listen to all of my favorite songs and music.
Personally I find that listening to my favourite songs whilst studying can be very difficult because you become so engrossed in the actual music that you lose focus in your studying and therefore I have a specific playlist that I use when I study in order to increase my concentration.

Personally I find that listening to my favourite songs whilst studying can be very difficult because you become so engrossed in the actual music that you lose focus in your studying and therefore I have a specific playlist that I use when I study in order to increase my concentration.
This is also same with me because I do not find it possible for one to be able to concentrate on reading your books are at the same time be listening to music because it is quite very difficult as your mindset will be divided so there's no way that you can be able to pick something from the reading that you are reading.

This is also same with me because I do not find it possible for one to be able to concentrate on reading your books are at the same time be listening to music because it is quite very difficult as your mindset will be divided so there's no way that you can be able to pick something from the reading that you are reading.
I agree with you and it does get challenging. There are certain styles of music apparently that help you to study thought and personally i find that an instrumental makes it easier to concentrate rather than a song with lyrics.

I easily get attached to the music l listen to. I will be easily carried away. The only time I combine listening to music us when I am just relaxing at home or washing some clothes or catching fun. Any serious activities like reading and writing will be devastating.
Seriously some music can have that ability to impact our brain at that particular time that you will be so carried away to a point that you are seeing what they are singing.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back