What's new

Does it harm your computer if you don't let it sleep for hours?

I have not experienced a time when i dont have to sleep my computer for a very long time but definitely i feel it will have a side effect on the machine

I am using Honeygain and I read it doesn't work if your computer sleeps but is it harmful to keep it on the go all day? I shut it down at night. I'm doing the same with my phone.
Yes, it will really harm the computer system, when it does not take a break, most especially the battery of computers will start having issues.

to me computer is not a living thing or human being that can get tired of work best on my experience I deal with my computer almost 90% of usage every day and I have not experienced any faulty or malfunction of my computer

Its very important to allow the device to cool off for sometimes inorder to keep improving on its efficiency.Fact that it could perform optimally does not mean that we should over use it,it might get crash.

Yes machines needs rest like human because these machines where created by humans and humans know the need to rest, if your machine do not rest then it will overheat and end up crashing.

The natural thing l think you should do if your computer is not been put to use at the moment is to always shot it down. That way I believe it will preserve the lifespan than putting it in sleep mode

It have to do with the type of computer you are using, some computer have big ram and big processor while some have very little ram and little processor. For those with big ram. You can leave it for long without it having any problem but for those with little ram, you need to let it sleep some some time

Its definitely affect the system mine is already affected self after hours of playing games and watching videos I still have to do some Corel draw works and programing.

Even the computer manual will boldly instruct you to shut down your computer when it us not in use. This indicates that leaving it of sleeping it will have a negative effect

I don't think such an act can cause any harm to the computer since the battery will eventually go off when it is exhausted. The worst part is to leave your computer to sleep for a very long time, this may damage your battery.

Letting your device run 24 hours may really not be good therefore it is advisable to shutdown your phones and laptop in the night.

regular system maintainance is vital for efficiency of your machine performance which is pretty much what i will have to in the coming days.Just after this post am making a sticky note to come up with a mainatainance schedule for weekly,monthly quarterly and annually in order to always keep my gadget at high optimum.

Yeah it a lot harmful to the gadget and the human around it alike. I'm also using honeygain but lately I've been too busy to use it.

It is good to have apps but best option is always shut down your system as it may use unnecessary use of energy and keep it hot too. Also I doubt it will gives you decent money from that app.

It is going to damage your computer if you keep leaving it in a sleep mode for too long. I don't think it will help the lifespan of that system over a short period of of time

I know many people that have their PCs on 24 hours a day. Even it's logged off or not but it does not harm them, lifespan on HDDs will fail faster as they are always moving and the power is on. End of the day all schools and colleges have their PCs on 24 hours a day and never gets turned off. True fact. Laptops will run out more than Desktops. Even large companies and networks have their system running consent. Trains PCs are always on in their officers.

People that game and spend their life on PCs are on more than off. So look around more PC being on than off. I, my laptop is on more than my desktop. At times it's on for full 12 hours a day from getting up to going to be a night in most cases and on it. My gaming rig is only on when I need to use it :) then off when done. having to turn it on and off is not always good and so if you using it, keep it on for 3 to 4 hours or whatever.

Yes, since you consistently operate it without allowing it rest. Even humans who amde it rest. So why wouldn't allow this gadgets to rest?? Over using it makes it super hot, and can affect the battery life. And other system functionality, and hardware disorder.

Just like the human brain that rests to recuperate, the computer also has to rest to help the room of the computer to process all the information stored. It also good to know that computers need to hibernate or shut down to help the computer.
Though every computer is build in such a way to withstand the heat of performance but we should also realize that every electronic has it's shelf life . Leaving your computer running for hours without shutting it down has some adverse effects on some hardware components.

I learnt the hard way, sometimes I could keep my system on for as long as possible as far as it's connected to power supply, couple of months went down and the system began to hang,it dawn on me that no matter how strong a device is,it is liable to wear down with time.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back