What's new

Does it harm your computer if you don't let it sleep for hours?

Though every computer is build in such a way to withstand the heat of performance but we should also realize that every electronic has it's shelf life . Leaving your computer running for hours without shutting it down has some adverse effects on some hardware components.
I guess those that use computers to mine would be able to narrate better how constant usage of a computer can reduce it's shelf life due to constant usage.

I don't even know because most of the time I use my phone throughout the whole day without letting it to rest, I think it will only have something to do with your battery that is all, it can also reduce the life of your phone because no matter how you over use a product it can never be the same with a product that is not overuse.

It affects the computer system because the system would be over worked and it could go up to the extent of damaging the computer system

I was using honey gain as well but uninstalled it because I felt it has access to information that are on my phone. I might be wrong though
Post automatically merged:

I think this new age technology can function effectively without it being switched off. I hardly shutdown my phone and nothing as happened to it

Last edited:
I believe it is ideal that one do not spend too much time on the screen. Not just for the computer safety ,but also for the person's eye health. Secondly , when the computer is not in use , it should be turned off.
This depends on the processor of the system. If it's Intel processor I think there is nothing wrong because the system can stay for hours without generating much heat but if it's AMD I don't think it's advisable because the system will start generating much heat immediately it's in use let alone putting to work for hours.

I think it's better to restart the laptop than switching it off, if you're the type that makes use of your laptop all the time, I see no point of shorting it off, instead restart and continue using it
most times when working with mt system i normally shut it off when i am going for a brief break,but i will try to hybernate it and continue from where i stopped.But it is good also to allow it to rest for a while so that it will not cause a system damage to the operations and hardware.

We can't said that confidently that using your laptop for a long time without allowing it to rest will have an armful effect on the computer but what I'm saying is that over using of a product or any electronic device other than how it should be use will cause reduction in the life of that devices that is all.

What I keep on saying is that anything you are using too much the lifespan of that thing will reduce and the same goes with the computer if you are using it too much the lifespan of the computer will reduce more than the one that is not used frequently.

I just believe it might not actually harm your computer but it will reduce the longevity of your computer, anything that is used so much is not likely to last longer than something that is not used often in that aspect. It also depends on how you use it.

It can affect your computer if you do not allowed it to rest because overusing of a particular product will make the longevity of that product to be reduced, the same is also applicable to a computer, it might not last like the one that is used less.

It affects the computer system because the system would be over worked and it could go up to the extent of damaging the computer system
At least a computer should be allowed to rest, I believe if you are using computer so much I think it is better for you to get more than one computer so that they can allowed one to rest and this will improve the longevity of the computer.

Last edited:
Makes me remember when I was mining bitcoin sometimes last year, my phone was almost always on and I had no time for social media, which is one reason I stopped it.

This is true though, our computers and phones are like the human body. Now if the human body does not have the required rest, and it keeps on working and working, it would fall sick. Same thing with machines as well. Rest is needed to not over work the engine.

I am using Honeygain and I read it doesn't work if your computer sleeps but is it harmful to keep it on the go all day? I shut it down at night. I'm doing the same with my phone.
Your computer might be a machine, but it sure does need a lot of time to rest. I think we should always rest our pc when necessary.

If you are using a computer for extended period of time, your computer might be slow and heated up. When it becomes slow it will definitely give you a headache and when it heats up, it is definitely creating problems for your device.

I am using Honeygain and I read it doesn't work if your computer sleeps but is it harmful to keep it on the go all day? I shut it down at night. I'm doing the same with my phone.
Then it is not good an computer. Leaving our computer alive for very long time is not OK for it might cause the computer to heat and this is not good for the health of the computer. You can switch to mobile

I think our electronic devices need to rest sometimes. At least they are resting when we are not working. I kinda pity the way I handle my phone because I don't own a laptop. The battery life has been reduced.

Shutting down your computer when You are not using it at night us the safest option , thou it will do you no harm if you didnt shut it down but it can weaf it down, same goes with mobile phone, there are some phones that gets very hotin the panel sides if you keep working on it for hours without resting. So it's important to let your browsing gadget rest when you are not using them.
If you are daily working on your PC to acomplish studies TP or to acomplish work devellopment in your own PC so just you close it without shutting it down and when you are come back from break hour you reopen it and put your password.

I believe it is ideal that one do not spend too much time on the screen. Not just for the computer safety ,but also for the person's eye health. Secondly , when the computer is not in use , it should be turned off.
Apart from the damage it might cause two the computer it is also not good for human health. But since it only require that the computer is not in sleep mode why not the person use smart phone

It's not good to leave your computer on when you are not using it at any time because it may cause harm to it by over heating more especially when you leave it on charge.

Computers are on of many ICT based gadgets and they need rest from time to time after long hours of use. When you use the computer and you won't need your information sooner the best option I'd to short it down, leaving your computer on isn't a very safe option. Even I you work long hours you should at least give it a break to maximize and improve system functions.

when they are left to sleep they perform better.

It has some negative impact on the battery of the system and as a result of this the computer gets affected it advisable to switch it off once in a while

Keeping your computer running for a whole day without letting it rest is very dangerous to the computer as it weakens the battery died to constant charging of the computer. It could even affect some internal hardware of the computer due to overworking of the computer. It is better you shut it down at night or whenever you are not making use of it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back