What's new

Does it harm your computer if you don't let it sleep for hours?

It actually depends on the computer , most times I the computer system could get fault along the process,because you need to allow the system rest a bit

Therefore, I keep my PC on practically 24 hours a day. This however involves a waste of electricity. But I have not heard yet, about any hardware damage that Honeygain could bring to the device. Many however, about this application are instead concerned about their IT security

The computer like almost everything on earth does not like to be overused at all. If you are using your laptop all the time there is great chance you are reducing the battery durability and the efficiency of some hardware too. So you should always find time to let it rest and rest yourself too.

The computer like almost everything on earth does not like to be overused at all. If you are using your laptop all the time there is great chance you are reducing the battery durability and the efficiency of some hardware too. So you should always find time to let it rest and rest yourself too.
You are right on this most times when we over use things they could easily get spoil and won't last for long and that is another disadvantage

Concerning if it harm my computer if I don't allow it sleep for hours. Well, there is a shut down option and also a sleep option on the computer system. It is better to shut down the system when you know you won't be needing it for a very long period of time or hours but when you are still in use of it and want to go for a break of about 30min_1hr, you can sleep the system so it can rest before you kickstart it for work

I am using Honeygain and I read it doesn't work if your computer sleeps but is it harmful to keep it on the go all day? I shut it down at night. I'm doing the same with my phone.
It is not healthy for the computer to be active for hours without being shut down. It always have a residual effect on the mother board.

It is not healthy for the computer to be active for hours without being shut down. It always have a residual effect on the mother board.
Even Something part of the computer might start to get faulty which is,a big problem to the person and would cost another money to repair too

Even Something part of the computer might start to get faulty which is,a big problem to the person and would cost another money to repair too
You are correct. When a computer is working, it emits a lot of heat and as a result makes it to run high temperature which can damage the it's crucial parts.

You are correct. When a computer is working, it emits a lot of heat and as a result makes it to run high temperature which can damage the it's crucial parts.
At least it should have some few he's break for the computer system to rest,before it starts functioning well for you again

I usually short down my system at night before going to sleep. I don't leave it on sleep mode for any reason. I don't do that at all

It harm my computer if u don't allow it sleep sleep hours,i have studied my computer and laptop and realised that if i didnt allow my computer to rest for sometimes, it always get hot.

There is absolutely no harm that could befall your system if it is left on power without going to sleep all day. That's, you are free to leave it on as far as your battery is well charged. Many companies do let their systems go off and yet nothing happens to such system that are even expose to large work load.

Their is a difference between taking a nap and sleeping. If you close your eyes to take 30 minute naps and fly out of the bed every now and then your body system may collapse at some point. It's the same with the Sleep and Shutdown mode for computers.

I have my laptop running all day and it's connected with the adapter so it's always charged. I have had this system for years so it obviously hasn't damaged it. I don't let it sleep though because the Asus computers are too difficult to wake up and I then have to force a hard reboot...which is bad. I turn off my laptop every night though so it gets a good 12 hours rest.

My Asus laptop is a stay cool technology so I don't have to worry about a fire starting. My previous one was a Dell and it got burning hot within a half hour! I would never trust that one to stay on for long.

It always good to shutdown the computer system mostly when it is not in use, so that the processors in the system unit can rest and this will help the hard drive, and even the software can as well feel refreshed. This will also save yousome extra cost. Even in electricity bill.

Even though it may seem the computer does not get tired, you need to apply wisdom and understand that the components could get over used and then breakdown. Try and let it rest.

Yes of cause, you need to shut down your computer after working on it so that it will not harm your computer, the system deserve to rest.

I advise you to turn it off when not in use. I downloaded Honeygain on my pc and left it on constantly, unfortunately one day it wouldn't boot. I don't know what the reason was but I guess the lack of leaving it off was one of them, it damaged its motherboard. That's why I think you have to let it sleep.

After a lengthy instant message exchange, video streaming, or review of your monthly budget—possibly all three—you take a deep breath, rub your tired eyes, and prepare to walk away from your screen. But, before you leave cyberspace, you must decide whether to shut down the system, put it into "sleep" mode, or do nothing at all.

I am using Honeygain and I read it doesn't work if your computer sleeps but is it harmful to keep it on the go all day? I shut it down at night. I'm doing the same with my phone.
I also use honey gain and i always keep it running on my phones and on my computer. Recently I discovered that the system's temperature increases abruptly and it starts malfunctioning.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back