What's new

Do you think age is a barrier when starting a business?

Their are some countries who impose law on a specific number of age to get aquatinted to risk taking. Some set it at 18, meaning a teenager can't manage a risky business.

Their are some countries who impose law on a specific number of age to get aquatinted to risk taking. Some set it at 18, meaning a teenager can't manage a risky business.
The legal age here is 18 which means a minor who is below 18 cannot sign a legal document like a contract or even ownership of real estate. For a business owner the minor can encounter that legal impediments. But it can be resolved if the parents will sign the documents in behalf of the minor.

But most of this age barrier are for people who are interested in engaging into political line and maybe other things but I don't think it might be applicable to businesses as I believe everyone should have the right to start up a business in whatever age they are interesting.

Age in itself does not matter in predicting business success. But, experience does happen, and often, it comes with age. And, smart business people who lack experience can accomplish this by surrounding themselves with experienced instructors.
when it come to the issue of business and having sucess in the proces of the operation,age has nothing to do with it,it all boils down to the capacity of the individual involve and this is gotten through learning,observation and mentorship,and this takes time.

I've heard seen some discussion about age being a barrier for one starting up a business. Some say, the person willing to start up a business must reach a certain age that proves he or she is capable of managing a business properly. Some say it is not encouraging for adolescence to embark on any business initiative till they become adults.

Do you think one needs to get to a certain age before starting up a business??
Age can never be a barrier to start a business in life because the barriers to start a business is lack of knowledge, communication skills, ideas and so on.
I've heard seen some discussion about age being a barrier for one starting up a business. Some say, the person willing to start up a business must reach a certain age that proves he or she is capable of managing a business properly. Some say it is not encouraging for adolescence to embark on any business initiative till they become adults.

Do you think one needs to get to a certain age before starting up a business??

Age can never be a barrier to start a business in life because the barriers to start a business is lack of knowledge, communication skills, ideas and so on.
Provide the person who is going into any business of his or her choice got the right skill, their is nothing stopping him or her from achieving the business aim.

It is from birth, some persons are born with it, while others aren't born with it, but they pushed themselves up to get aquatinted to learning fast.
I completely agree with you that some people are born with the business activity right from birth and this is the reason why the Igbo speaking tribe in Nigeria and mostly credited with being born businessman as most of them are good when it comes to conducting business of any kind.

I completely agree with you that some people are born with the business activity right from birth and this is the reason why the Igbo speaking tribe in Nigeria and mostly credited with being born businessman as most of them are good when it comes to conducting business of any kind.
I know you're from the Igbo tribe that's why you're speaking this way. I do speak Igbo, but I am not an Igbo person. They are so good in business, they can travel very far just to have their business running and bringing them huge amount of money.

I know you're from the Igbo tribe that's why you're speaking this way. I do speak Igbo, but I am not an Igbo person. They are so good in business, they can travel very far just to have their business running and bringing them huge amount of money.
Well you never can tell the tribe that I am from so you should not jump into conclusion that I am probably an Igbo because in the real sense, I am not an Igbo guy but I am an Edo guy. When it comes to the business world it is the Igbo tribe in Nigeria that has dominating other businesses.

Well you never can tell the tribe that I am from so you should not jump into conclusion that I am probably an Igbo because in the real sense, I am not an Igbo guy but I am an Edo guy. When it comes to the business world it is the Igbo tribe in Nigeria that has dominating other businesses.
Pardon me, for jumping without asking, I am sorry for that. My mindset led me wrongly to make such kind of claims. Yes, the igbos here in Nigeria are simply born to do business, that's why they are all over the world doing businesses to succeed.

For the igbos, business has become part of them because right from the beginning they have made sure their young ones understand what it means to make money. They are business oriented and are ready to learn under others no matter the years as long as they get to where they have targeted.

Age is not a barrier when it comes to stating a business. Capacity is the main thing. If the person is capable of handling some emotional stuff, then he's good to go and start business

For the igbos, business has become part of them because right from the beginning they have made sure their young ones understand what it means to make money. They are business oriented and are ready to learn under others no matter the years as long as they get to where they have targeted.
What surprises me the most about this Igbo business spirit is the fact that they didn't learn their business acumen in the four walls of schools but instead it's an inborn trait for them.

What surprises me the most about this Igbo business spirit is the fact that they didn't learn their business acumen in the four walls of schools but instead it's an inborn trait for them.
Yes and I believe what is also helping them is the fact that they pass these traits, teachings, ideas to the younger generation, so even the young ones grow up in an environment that are hard working, they have no choice but to be hard working as well.

I think that age might become a barrier only if you think your health is just too poor. Otherwise, you may conduct business at any age. Since most of the old people are struggling with their health, age is becoming a barrier for many people.

Yes and I believe what is also helping them is the fact that they pass these traits, teachings, ideas to the younger generation, so even the young ones grow up in an environment that are hard working, they have no choice but to be hard working as well.
It's a good thing that the Igbo speaking people in Nigeria are so business savvy and somehow I do feel envious of them because I know that a lot of people in my part of the country do not have business acumen like they do.

Age is not a barrier for you if you will want to start a business at all. You can comfortably start up and scale a business at any age provided you have the right knowledge.

Age may end up not being a barrier based on the exposure the person has as regards the business plan and individual building. So one can even be underage and have the wherewithal to run a business. So age can't be a barrier at some point.

Sometimes minors face difficulty in running online businesses because they are unable to receive money as some payment processors and credit cards don't allow them to create accounts. But a solution to this would be use a parent's details to register.

Yes! Age is a barrier. Looking at it from a technical and pragmatic view. If I'm 100 years today, I can't run a successful business because even though I have garnered knowledge and experiences, at that age, I tend to forget some things easily. It can only be possible if I have helping hands but even with that, I may not be satisfied with their input because I'm not fully in control.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back