What's new

Do you think age is a barrier when starting a business?

I've heard seen some discussion about age being a barrier for one starting up a business. Some say, the person willing to start up a business must reach a certain age that proves he or she is capable of managing a business properly. Some say it is not encouraging for adolescence to embark on any business initiative till they become adults.

Do you think one needs to get to a certain age before starting up a business??
Age should not be a barrier when starting up a business.
My statement does not encourage small underage children to jump into businesses.
In this part of the world, you only get to own a business when you have arrived adulthood, from 18 years of age.

Yes.
A child of 10 cannot start a business.
I would always suggest that one attains a certain level of education before delving into business.
From the age of 16, one can run a business which will now depend on choice.
Lol, their is nothing you can't see in this world. The knowledge you see it's a blessing, children born in this current era are simply sharp at the teen age of 10 to manage a business of any kind. Their is nothing wisdom can't achieve, it isn't gotten by age it's simply a blessing from the above.

I've heard seen some discussion about age being a barrier for one starting up a business. Some say, the person willing to start up a business must reach a certain age that proves he or she is capable of managing a business properly. Some say it is not encouraging for adolescence to embark on any business initiative till they become adults.

Do you think one needs to get to a certain age before starting up a business??

from my point of view yes, you have to be a certain age to start a business because you have to be a little mature and have a capital. you can't start a business at 14 ...

With the little knowledge I have, I don’t think there is a barrier to age. However, an adolescent that have a touch for a business, he can always get a mentorship from a high experienced business man in the same field. Afterall, there is always the place of a CEO and maybe a manager.. so to speak
Alright although there are businesses that suits a particular age bracket more. Hence there would be some sort of barrier due to age.

As for me nope age is not a barrier to start up a business because age is just number and when we talking about business age has nothing to do with it but knowledge matters because without knowledge and strategy you can't do anything and the age self is useless

Age is just a number and I agree with you. However, when you are old you may not have enough strength to conduct a kind of business that requires physical effort. So a business that is easy to conduct is the ideal one of old folks.

Age shouldn't be a barrier because there are some things that would require the management, input of a well versed adult.
The only thing that would be considered is the emotional intelligence of the kid which then he wouldn't be able to handle.

from my point of view yes, you have to be a certain age to start a business because you have to be a little mature and have a capital. you can't start a business at 14 ...
I've seen some 14 year old teenagers here in my locality going full-time into business. That age can control the emotions somehow, and think deep to make better decisions to push a business high.

Age is not a barrier when it comes to business anyone can start a business so far as he or she knows what he is she is doing and also so far as the person has the help or capital needed to start

Age is not a barrier when it comes to business anyone can start a business so far as he or she knows what he is she is doing and also so far as the person has the help or capital needed to start
Though I completely agree with you, but the major problem facing young entrepreneurs is the fact that in most cases their family and even the society they find themselves do not take them seriously. What do you think should be done about this?

I do not think it can ever be considered as a barrier for somebody who wants to start a business. Provided that you have the right willpower and the resources to start and grow a business that is all that is required.

From my opinion i don't think age is a barrier when starting a business but at any stage a person can have a fruitful brain so the only thing that is a barrier in business is the raising of capital and knowledge to carry out the business

There is no particular age to start a business as long as can read, write, think, have money or the capital, have wisdom and matured enough alot of things then you are go to

Age isn't a barrier to someone starting and running a business successfully. What is more important is the level of experience and skills you have that will help you to succeed in the business.

I've seen some 14 year old teenagers here in my locality going full-time into business. That age can control the emotions somehow, and think deep to make better decisions to push a business high.

it also depends on which business they were allowed to control. In my opinion, you have to be a certain age to have a minimum of maturity and life experience. to know how to behave with people, to talk, to make certain decisions.

it also depends on which business they were allowed to control. In my opinion, you have to be a certain age to have a minimum of maturity and life experience. to know how to behave with people, to talk, to make certain decisions.
Yes, what you just said is right, in business, their are different options, and some of the options requires a matured mind, and not an infant or teenagers mind. In order to address the customers with the right words, and make decisions that are matured for the business run in.

Not at all. Age is no barrier when it comes to venturing into Business. Though the type of business should be put into consideration when dealing with a child below adolescent age.

Age might be a barrier sometimes. But only if the person is careless, age might be a barrier in the sense you give a little boy or a lady a business to take care of. They definitely don't know the value of businesses.

Yes, what you just said is right, in business, their are different options, and some of the options requires a matured mind, and not an infant or teenagers mind. In order to address the customers with the right words, and make decisions that are matured for the business run in.

Well, that's what I'm saying. for bigger businesses, you need more serious, mature people with some experience. there are also mini-businesses that can be managed by a 14-15 year old boy but harder .. :)

Age is not a barrier to run or start a business, what i feel is a barrier is exposure, lack of apprenticeship, inaccessibility to funds and not enough findings before venturing into business. We have young and old billionaires just as we have young and old hustlers.
i totally agree with you,because a person that has the interest to learn about a particular business process and become proficient in the art,then he has gotten the due exposure to be able to run the business operation.

Well, that's what I'm saying. for bigger businesses, you need more serious, mature people with some experience. there are also mini-businesses that can be managed by a 14-15 year old boy but harder .. :)
When it comes to business, their are age categories fitting to a particular business. And not all age group is fitting to all business. Like in E-commerce store, or big super market or mall, a very young prodigy in the age bracket of 10-14 years can't manage the crowds single handedly as the sole owner of the business.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back